Thread: 2011 rt/s

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Post 2011 rt/s

I just purchased this about two months ago and it does alot of drifting ,I have set the shocks up tight ,check tire pressure,and it has a sway bar, one person said it was the wind. has anyone had this problem ? thank you

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Is it drifting on asphalt ? I have a 2011 Rt. if I stay in the center of the lane it drifts. If I stay a little left or right of the center of the lane no drift.
    15 rt , yes Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Baja Ron

Get Baja Rons Anti Sway Bar, I promise you, you'll love it and won't have anymore issues. I was amazed and still am.

Spyder Garage

Default Drifting

I have the same model. The wheel stance makes you follow the pavement grooves. Riding a little right or left will help. I can't say enough about Baja Ron's sway bar though! It has improved the handling 200%.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Is it hunting around (following road irregularities) or drifting (pulling to one side or the other)? Loose suspension components (tie-rods, a-frame bushings, ball joints, shock bushings) can also cause hunting or erratic behavior. Hunting could indicate inadequate or excessive tire pressure, or inadequate toe-in. Front tires that wear excessively on the inside of the tires also are an indicator of inadequate toe-in on the Spyder. Pulling to one side can indcate suspension damage, suspension component wear, a low front tire, improperly centered steering, steering sensor miscalibration, or a bad steering sensor.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kenk View Post
    I just purchased this about two months ago and it does alot of drifting ,I have set the shocks up tight ,check tire pressure,and it has a sway bar, one person said it was the wind. has anyone had this problem ? thank you
    thanks everyone for your advice, I will try them. mine has a sway bar but is the after market one better?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yup! Way better!
    But Scotty is right; make sure that the front end is properly aligned and has all of it's little bits in good shape first!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Yup! Way better!
    But Scotty is right; make sure that the front end is properly aligned and has all of it's little bits in good shape first!
    mine only has 10,000 miles on it.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

thanks everyone for your advice, I will try them. mine has a sway bar but is the after market one better?
    Way better, indeed!

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

mine only has 10,000 miles on it.
    That means nothing. The condition of the suspension componenets is variable, and depends on more than just mileage. Never assume anything!