Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    pitbull

Default First test ride on the new 2014 RT-S 1330 and I didn't like it!

I loved it!!!!!!!!!
    It was awesome, the power, the smoothness, the torque.... And no heat, or vibs, or noises!
    I was a lucky guy to get the chance to be among the first to ride the new powerhouse.
    I wanted to do true true test comparison. I rode the new 1330 first for about 40 minutes, then came back and rode a 2013 limited....... Then went back and rode a 14 big bore machine again.... What a difference! It's so smooth and easy to ride.

Running down the highway it's a dream. I got up to 6th gear then dropped down to about 30 with a Manuel transmission, simply rolled on the throttle and Eased right up to speed with no issues, no chug, no vibrations, just simple back up to speed.

I rode both automatic and Manuel the shifting was incredible! Once again the power was so smooth and easy you were riding a rocket but it easy to ride the power band just is so predictable that it made it a breeze.

There was no heat, no vibration, and handled like a dream, everything about it just makes you smile. I knew the new Spyder was going to be good but after riding it, its like riding something with attitude, and graceful edge.

Once again hats off on this one! The old saying goes there's no replacement for displacement and it shines through on this one. It melts the back tire off..... Sorry Brp.... No I'm not! LoL

Over all this thing is both a beast and a gentlemen and I'm excited about the future of spyders and this new ride. Im planning on riding one on the big Mogang ride to Branson second week of October! Any Spyderlovers members want to come try one out your welcome to come along for the weekend, even of you need to fly in for the event. I flew to all the way to Florida to ride this new ride and have no regrets! It was worth it! Can't wait to have them in our showroom...... Or ssshhhh my Garge!
    The fun of riding big bore, torque motors is back, with the all new 2014 RT 1330's.... V-Twins...... Beware!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting your impressions. It really does sound like they have a winner here.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Good to hear..!!

a candid review..glad you found it to be such a great change. They worked on this for a long time and it's good to know it paid off..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

pitbull

Trying to give honest feed back, one of the reasons I wanted to ride both back to back to back.... It just makes you smile! I know it sounds like I'm just bragging it up, but I'm not the Spyder owned it! It's a rocket and a caddy all rolled into one.
    Im trying to figure out if I can ride one back to Springfield mo..... Thank they would notice? The new grey I'm not wild on its kinda cool but it is a flat color, love the new orange and the rest of the colors. My only concern is that baby boomers won't like the flat grey color. All the rest is great. So happy to have the black color back... So got plans for some cool builds on them.

Spyder Garage

Len,

whats the access to things under the tupperware. Oil filter looked fairly easy to get at. Plugs? air filter etc../
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default trade up

I will have to seriously contemplate trading up from the 2013 STL this new 1300 sounds really hot or should I say cool.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the review. I love orange (my favorite color), so BRP nailed me on a Cognac RT-S! Can't wait to see one!

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,
    TricLed/Custom Dynamics Led Project titled "Knight Rider"

Spyder Garage

If it's that good I'll do an upgrade during the model change from 2014 to 2015 when the price is better and all the reviews are in.

Spyder Garage

Len can you tell me if the Cognac color really pops when the sun light hits it? If so. Is it as good as the yellow? Tom

Spyder Garage

Default First test ride on the new 2014 RT-S 1330 and I didn't like it

Hey Len, thanks for the review. How is the suspension? Would you replace the OEM shocks with Elka's, shock relocaters and Ron's sway bar (if and when they are available)? With the new gas tank and being able to fill all the way to the top, will all 6.9 gallons be accessible?
    2011 RT LTD /MODS: Seal Floorboards, Elkas, SpyderPops Bump Skid and Block off plate, HMT Brake light, BajaRon's sway bar, Heim Links, Diamond R's passenger armrest, Utopia driver backrest

pitbull

Ok the color really does pop!
    the suspension handles very well... But still has cheap shocks on it so room for up grade.
    As for the plugs and wires so far they seem pretty easy, but I'm not turning wrenches here, I'll have to do a set before I can give honest feed back on that one.

pitbull

As far as sway bars go I'm sure it could be upgraded but right now it's pretty cool, fuel mileage I think your going need to stop before the Spyder does this round.

Spyder Garage

Pitbull

Did you notice if the mirrors are easier to remove?
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

pitbull

I didn't try to take them off.... They might not have liked that.

Spyder Garage

I guess we will have to wait until you get one in your shop to see how the mirror and tupperware gets removed.
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    I loved it!!!!!!!!!

The fun of riding big bore, torque motors is back, with the all new 2014 RT 1330's.... V-Twins...... Beware!
    Now your coming around to my way of thinking, I'll have you driving a ford yet!
    Happy Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was excited when I saw 1330cc and orange to boot, I think I will have to return to the US to buy one and ship it to Thailand.

Spyder Garage

It is starting to sound like I should upgrade ..............can't wait to see one in person! Thanks for the review!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

not that it would stop me but, could you please ask if they are still using the metal clip mount assembly for the mirrors

thanks Len!!!!!
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Now I REALLY can't wait!!
    Fawkes is gone... It's been fun 009.jpgIt's been fun 013.jpgIt's been fun 022.jpg
    Here's to hoping that somebody is smart enough to take him to a good home!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default FAWKES

Musta missed a thread somewhere but why are you getting rid of the spyder ? Sounds like you're planning on getting a 14.....lucky guy . Momma said we should trade ours but she has to have a red one , I think she's devious....LOL

Spyder Garage

Is the fuel tank the same side or larger. They are saying 250 miles before a gas stop at 63 MPH. So that would mean a bigger fuel cell or a vast improvement in milage.
    The BRP website is still listing the 2013 RTs.

Spyder Garage

Len

Looks like it is time for us to talk trade again.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Len

Looks like it is time for us to talk trade again.

Cruzr Joe
    Oh no you don't! Not until Sheila gets her ST!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    Is the fuel tank the same side or larger. They are saying 250 miles before a gas stop at 63 MPH. So that would mean a bigger fuel cell or a vast improvement in milage.
    The BRP website is still listing the 2013 RTs.
    250 miles is what they've run bone dry, real world is 180-220. You could squeeze more out of it but you shouldn't have to start looking for a station till you get to 180 miles+. The tank will hold another 1/2 gal.