Thread: Cool Ryde

Spyder Garage

Default Cool Ryde

Had a very cool ryde from Key Largo to Key West , 108 miles each way. I say cool because it was overcast and spotty rain along the way. I noticed that even though it was 88 degrees that the Spyder ran very cool. I felt very little heat on my right foot and noticed that the temperature gauge on the Spyder stayed just below the halfway mark and the fan was not being activated. It occurred to me that the hot foot is when the sun is out and the roadway is getting so hot. I have 17000 miles on the Spyder and bought it in April 2012.
    From now on I'm going to look forward to those cloudy days to take a trip.
    Key West is lonely this time of year, almost no tourist. It was a little strange to see some of the bars open at 7 a.m., and the locales drinking beer and bourbon for breakfast.
    Don't just dream the dream! Live the dream! Sent from my coconut using tap-a-nut. Spyderlovers Southern-Most Member.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Fin View Post
    Had a very cool ryde from Key Largo to Key West , 108 miles each way. I say cool because it was overcast and spotty rain along the way. I noticed that even though it was 88 degrees that the Spyder ran very cool. I felt very little heat on my right foot and noticed that the temperature gauge on the Spyder stayed just below the halfway mark and the fan was not being activated. It occurred to me that the hot foot is when the sun is out and the roadway is getting so hot. I have 17000 miles on the Spyder and bought it in April 2012.
    From now on I'm going to look forward to those cloudy days to take a trip.
    Key West is lonely this time of year, almost no tourist. It was a little strange to see some of the bars open at 7 a.m., and the locales drinking beer and bourbon for breakfast.
    It is kinda cool to see how the other half lives. Thanks for painting a picture. It is only 28 short hours to NY ya know (hint, hint) and it is cool here if you want to ride.
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

Default I have been to New York

Quote Originally Posted by otter28169 View Post
    It is kinda cool to see how the other half lives. Thanks for painting a picture. It is only 28 short hours to NY ya know (hint, hint) and it is cool here if you want to ride.
    I have been to New York many times and love the people and places there. There is a big difference between cool and cold. I think I will just stay here for awhile.
    Don't just dream the dream! Live the dream! Sent from my coconut using tap-a-nut. Spyderlovers Southern-Most Member.

Spyder Garage

I have an hour ride to work and when I left this morning at 6.30am it was 48deg.

I have to put a small piece of cardboard in front of the radiator so the bike will warm up. Yes that is an hour on the highway.

Would love your 88 deg weather right now.
    2012 Spyder RT-SE5 Gray 5-31-12 First 5,075 miles on 10-8-12
    NBV kit highway brackets with pegs Bajaron sway bar Lave exh wrap
    Grip Buddies AirHawk 2 His & Her's Walmart Front driving lights
    Spyderpops upper block off plate, belt guard, bump Skid
    BRP
    trailer hitch Napa 6 to 4 wire power converter Ram GPS upper dash
    Baker build air wings the New 3 piece full set Kewl Metal GPS hand bar
    Inspector Gadgets rear mudd flap type, Air deflectors upper & lower A-frame

Spyder Garage

Default Key Wesi

Key West is my home town or at least it was until I was 6 years ago, we use to go there wvery summer after that for a month but I have not been there in a long time now, I would like to ride the Keys all the way to Key West. I have ridden a traditional motorcycle on the old 7 mile bridge but that was when I was 16.

Spyder Garage

Default Old 7mile bridge

Quote Originally Posted by ekfraz View Post
    Key West is my home town or at least it was until I was 6 years ago, we use to go there wvery summer after that for a month but I have not been there in a long time now, I would like to ride the Keys all the way to Key West. I have ridden a traditional motorcycle on the old 7 mile bridge but that was when I was 16.
    You can still see the old 7 mile bridge from the new bridge. It is hard to believe that cars and trucks could pass on that bridge as narrow as it was. Come on over and see the change.