Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 RS

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 2015 RS

Well Guys, since there has been nothing done for us RS Ryders this year, let's hope for a next year.
    Looks like BRP took it by Diplomacy this year looking after elderly first aka ould farts = RT Riders - no offence gents therefore nothing to attract young Riders again, lets hope that we'll be given 150 BHP engine with 150 MPH max out next year and sell our old RS to the Girls
    I am putting my name down for Limited one seater supersport supercharged Edition of RS so somebody wake me up please whenever that happens or some other manufacturer comes to senses. Up until then - Ryde Safe.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DragonLorD View Post
    Well Guys, since there has been nothing done for us RS Ryders this year, let's hope for a next year.
    Looks like BRP took it by Diplomacy this year looking after elderly first aka ould farts = RT Riders - no offence gents therefore nothing to attract young Riders again, lets hope that we'll be given 150 BHP engine with 150 MPH max out next year and sell our old RS to the Girls
    I am putting my name down for Limited one seater supersport supercharged Edition of RS so somebody wake me up please whenever that happens or some other manufacturer comes to senses. Up until then - Ryde Safe.

Oh no you didn't!!!

I am now an old fart....

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rabtech View Post
    Oh no you didn't!!!

I am now an old fart....

Spyder Garage

Default old fart

i resemble that remark
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Registered Users Orange monster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm right there with ya on the 150hp! I think a bike with this kinda of safety systems could handle a 150 to 175hp motor no problem, and give me the option to disengage the VSS and traction control under say 35 mph. This would allow some very fun donuts and smoke drifts at a reasonably controlled speed.
    2013 RSS
    Grip Puppies, Calsci Tinted Shorty windshield, Garage remote mod

Spyder Garage

AMEN....................Preach on Brother!!!!!! The new 800r etec Ski-doos are braging on 165 hp, where is ours???!!!!! I gotta say though, my father is in his 60's and he still owns thge biggest fastest sleds ski-doo makes, age is not a factor, obsession with the speed rush is.
    Last edited by otter28169; 09-16-2013 at 06:38 PM.
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

Default older what ??

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    i resemble that remark

Your day will come so we should be first to spend our money while we can!!
    Do you hear me !!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default oldieees

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Thomas View Post
    Your day will come so we should be first to spend our money while we can!!
    Do you hear me !!
    I hear ya Bro
    the ones closer to the gate shall be pleased first

Us ( minority though ) on the end of the que patiently ( not really ) wait another year

Registered Users Orange monster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

One more requirement I would like to add, I would really like to see said bike run the quarter mile in sub 13 seconds! Give me a 175hp bike that can turn the quarter in the 12.9 range!
    2013 RSS
    Grip Puppies, Calsci Tinted Shorty windshield, Garage remote mod

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

I would think that by lowering the price by $2,000 on the RS that they should see sales go up and if they sell more they may be inclined to make some upgrades sometime down the road. Either that or they will sell all of the inventory of RS pieces and parts and quit making them.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I would think that by lowering the price by $2,000 on the RS that they should see sales go up and if they sell more they may be inclined to make some upgrades sometime down the road. Either that or they will sell all of the inventory of RS pieces and parts and quit making them.
    If they stop making the RS, I will stop buying the Can Am.
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.

Just sayin'............

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default yep

Quote Originally Posted by otter28169 View Post
    If they stop making the RS, I will stop buying the Can Am.

same here but still a chance that some Reliable Japanese brand enters the market for young ( us ) riders then ...............as long as it looks sporty sharp, reliable, comfy and has tons of power i don't care who manufactures it, just for the record - i bought my RS in 09 right when it entered EU market and was not given a slightest reason to buy a new one since and because mine is heavily customised i be bold to say that is still much better than 2014 RS ...........

Spyder Garage

i'm with you bro on what you're looking for (if you'll let me be),but i'm an old fart on an rss!!! believe me when I say not all of us old farts ride rt's.
    Last edited by spydaman60; 09-16-2013 at 08:08 PM.

Spyder Garage

No offense taken, but my GS is doing just fine thank you. If they do upgrade to a three jugger for a RS, Spydee is going to have a transplant and upgraded brakes installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange monster View Post
    One more requirement I would like to add, I would really like to see said bike run the quarter mile in sub 13 seconds! Give me a 175hp bike that can turn the quarter in the 12.9 range!
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)

Spyder Garage

Personally I see two options for the RS

1. Entry-level model. If they could create one from $6000-10,000 (OK, $6k is probably pushing it), it seems like there would be a whole new market. I'm not exactly sure what they would compromise to get there, but what the heck. We're having magic wands here anyway.

2. Leaning and/or Turbo Spyder. Eventually you gotta think they are gonna come out with some kind of a leaning model. Even a little bit. And the RS is the model it makes the most sense on, IMHO. And of course, if they come out with a turbo model, the RS is almost the only model that it makes sense on.

Until then, I'm still seriously happy with my 2011 RSS that is reliable, fast enough, and simple. Yeah, I want built-in tunes and heated hand grips and more range and a little more storage. But I'm years away from an RT.

Oooh. But having said that, maybe the third option is an RS with more range and a few more creature comforts. Really, BRP. 180-200 miles a tank. Offer us heated grips. We're not all that picky.

Last edited by FaranH; 09-16-2013 at 08:41 PM. Reason: correcting stupidity

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FaranH View Post
    Personally I see two options for the RS

1. Entry-level model. Doubt they'd get a price point as low as $2000 (sorry to disagree, Ann), but maybe around $6000-8000. Have to say I'm not exactly sure what they would compromise to halve the price, but what the heck. We're having magic wands here anyway.

Faran2, I think you misread my post I was saying that they lowered the price BY $2,000 which should appeal to more people. Heck if they priced it at $2,000 I'd buy one for every day of the week!

(And I was just stirring the pot saying that they might quit making them. I really think that they are trying to lure in more entry level (=younger) riders with the hope that someday they will move up to the ST or RT)

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Faran2, I think you misread my post I was saying that they lowered the price BY $2,000 which should appeal to more people. Heck if they priced it at $2,000 I'd buy one for every day of the week!

LOL - yep. I misread it for sure!! Maybe I should revise my post.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would like to see them stretch the RS'S wings a bit.. Let them play with the technology to get the bikes to lean, give them more power, and perhaps even a Nanny with some optional settings...
    Didn't they drop the MSRP on them for this year??
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Orange monster View Post
    Better get a lot more tire and change the weight distribution. There is a reason there is a traction control feature in the VSS.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

I had a well-tuned RSS that made more hp than stock. And it couldn't put the power down to the ground on first gear. It would spin rubber until redline. How in the world do you guys think 175hp going to that rear wheel is gonna happen? They would need an entire new chassis/wheel design to get that wheel to grip the road.

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,
    TricLed/Custom Dynamics Led Project titled "Knight Rider"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    I had a well-tuned RSS that made more hp than stock. And it couldn't put the power down to the ground on first gear. It would spin rubber until redline. How in the world do you guys think 175hp going to that rear wheel is gonna happen? They would need an entire new chassis/wheel design to get that wheel to grip the road.
    or someone with a real fat a&&!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    or someone with a real fat a&&!

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,
    TricLed/Custom Dynamics Led Project titled "Knight Rider"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    So what you are saying is the Hayabusa, has a bigger rear tire than the spyder? If you step back and say you can't do it, you will most assuredly fail.

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

I'm on Team Faran here. Pardon my broken record, but as I've written elsewhere, my bet is that the RS is going one of three places:

1. Cheaper.

2. Leaner.

3. Away.
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
    I'm on Team Faran here. Pardon my broken record, but as I've written elsewhere, my bet is that the RS is going one of three places:

1. Cheaper.

2. Leaner.

3. Away.

1. - how? there is cheaper Chinese version already - junk
    2. - why? what's the gain? - wanna lean?, - get a 2 wheeler. leaning trike never made sense, is butt ugly and can't have a frunk, at least not equal frunk to Spyder
    3. - well if it's not gonna get what it needs, better off let it go

i really expected Honda or Suzuki with Spyder like machine at this stage - reliable, affordable, powerful, long distanced and service/garage/showroom at every corner