Spyder Garage

Default Ignition Switch Broken on RTS

Has anyone had this problem? I have a 2010 RTS. I can't open my seat or my frunk with the switch. Whenever I depress the key and turn to the right(clockwise) it feels "loose." When I try to turn left(counterclockwise), it will not move. It is almost as if a "spring" or something has broken. I tried "operating" on her but was only able to get to the handle bars, but couldn't get them off to get to the ignition switch. Also if the switch needs to be replaced do I have to replace my key? I hate to have multiple keys---one for ignition and my OLD key for my trunk and trailer. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

Sometimes when you try to open the "Frunk", the key will not move if you have too much pressure on the lid. If you push down on the lid just in front of the windshield and turn the key at the same time it will allow the latch to disengage.
    I don't understand what "loose" means. There have been times when I've had to puy pressure on the front of the seat to let the latch disengage.
    Just my experience.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Open

I don't know how long you have had your But to open the fronk just turn the key on and push the end closet to you that you use to set the emergency break. On the seat push down on trhe key turn it to the right and then while the key is still in that position lift the seat. I guess if you do'tr have and RT S then read your operators manual. You probably know your better then I do but that's the way I do it. I don't know the yr. of your or the model maybe someone else can help.