Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Hey, lets hope this works out for you. good luck! 60 miles is nothing, just more time to ride, assuming you can ride it there-)
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Don't kmow who is worse, my Spyder dealer or my Triumph dealer

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Been there...

I totally understand your frustration.

I haven't found it with my Spyder yet (knock wood), but had the same trouble with our motorhome here. The big chains, and the smaller independents service was awful - had huge waits and when all was said and done incompetent. I got lots of "bring it to Red Bay" (if you have an RV you'll know) or "bring it to my dealer here - they have great service." But I'm not retired and I work and have a family with children, so I don't have the liberty of taking two or three days to drive across several states for service. I ended up selling it. It was all I could do. I enjoyed the uptime, but when there was downtime, there was a lot of it.

I hope the dealer you were recommended works out for you. It's heartbreaking to be passionate about a product, but not have the service or support you need.
    --
    Central Arkansas
    2010 RS-S SE5 Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good Luck!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigflax925 View Post
    I totally understand your frustration.

I haven't found it with my Spyder yet (knock wood), but had the same trouble with our motorhome here. The big chains, and the smaller independents service was awful - had huge waits and when all was said and done incompetent. I got lots of "bring it to Red Bay" (if you have an RV you'll know) or "bring it to my dealer here - they have great service." But I'm not retired and I work and have a family with children, so I don't have the liberty of taking two or three days to drive across several states for service. I ended up selling it. It was all I could do. I enjoyed the uptime, but when there was downtime, there was a lot of it.

I hope the dealer you were recommended works out for you. It's heartbreaking to be passionate about a product, but not have the service or support you need.
    me too. Exactly. To the word.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BigLegMac View Post
    I understand exactly how you feel. i have had 2 syders. the first one a 2010 audio and convenience that stayed in the shop till i just could not take it anymore and traded it and got the 2013 rts and picked it up in april. that too was going to shop a lot because of the check engine light and overheating light that constantly came on, but i managed to get 7500 miles on it till i crashed it. Now I will give BRP one more chance to get it right and am waiting for the 2014's to come out. I am going to get a 2014 rts and if this does not work out for me and i can drive it and have it in the shop less i will keep buying spyders. I too dont have the best dealers and am on my second one for the second bike. I may keep the second one for the third bike. they are better than the first dealer. If not, i will be going to third dealer which is 80 miles away. All I can say to you is just wait and see the reviews for the 2014 as i am going to wait also. We both may be surprised with what BRP comes up with. Keep hope alive my fellow spyder brother. I too wish that i lived close to misssouri. I am giving BRP one last chance with the 2014 and if they dissappoint me yet again i will look at the honda goldwing trike.
    I hadn't heard about your crash, I hope you are okay. I totally get where you are coming from I had a 2010 that was virtually problem free but I had more problems on the 2013 than I care to think about. Mine went up in flames and I will most likely purchase a 2014 but if they haven't got the problems worked out on them that will be it for me too.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I hadn't heard about your crash, I hope you are okay. I totally get where you are coming from I had a 2010 that was virtually problem free but I had more problems on the 2013 than I care to think about. Mine went up in flames and I will most likely purchase a 2014 but if they haven't got the problems worked out on them that will be it for me too.
    In that case ; I'm DOUBLY hoping that they've got things worked out!

My 2010 A&C has had a couple of issues; but it's been a GEAT ride!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sledmaster View Post
    It is sad to hear of the weak dealer support some of you have experienced. A good dealer can really make the difference between a happy ownership and a dismal one. I know here in Minnesota we have riders coming from all over the state to my local dealer just because of their quality service and certified technicians. Things get taken care of properly. Funny thing, those riders then start buying accessories and new spyders, so in the long run does it really matter where the spyder was originally purchased? A good dealer will take care of you, regardless. In areas that do not have strong ski-doo or can-am atv dealers long established it will be tough to get a good spyder dealer in place. Not impossible, but more difficult. The spyder is like a computer, it works better and better with each new update to the software. To not visit a dealer for a long period of time is not the best strategy, as you miss out on the software updates and error code downloads that can indicate issues you might not even know about.
    Please name your dealership so I can be another one of their happy customers! From a not so happy with my current dealership customer
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    Please name your dealership so I can be another one of their happy customers! From a not so happy with my current dealership customer
    That would be Ollie’s Service In Alexandria. They are pulling in riders from all over the state, the word is getting out.

2021 RT Limited - Deep Marsala Red – 4,200 miles

2013 ST-S SE-5 - Circuit Yellow – 56,000 miles

2015 F3-S SM-6
    - Can-Am Red Solid Gloss – 2,000 miles - SOLD

2008 GS SM-5 Premier Edition #659
    - Full Moon – 34,000 miles - SOLD

2008 GS SM-5 Premier Edition #006
    - Full Moon – 34,800 miles - SOLD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sledmaster View Post
    That would be Ollie’s Service In Alexandria. They are pulling in riders from all over the state, the word is getting out.
    Thanks I will check them out
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Could it be education / training .

I believe BRP has to have some sort of training where dealers can send the techs to get properly educated . The most amazing thing bout dealers is that a new Spyder can easily be the most costly bike they sell , compare to all the other brands that been around for years .

I feel yur pain I am already there with ya , had my sts since April and I think the dealer has had the bike in for service more than i have ridding it .

Selling my bike as well to my buddy ready to take over my headache , I just want the dealer to fix as much as they can with the recall now so when I sell it with every thing working .

I will stay with my Gixxa with no problems . Back to knee dragging at the twisties .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Edsts View Post
    I believe BRP has to have some sort of training where dealers can send the techs to get properly educated . The most amazing thing bout dealers is that a new Spyder can easily be the most costly bike they sell , compare to all the other brands that been around for years .

I feel yur pain I am already there with ya , had my sts since April and I think the dealer has had the bike in for service more than i have ridding it .

Selling my bike as well to my buddy ready to take over my headache , I just want the dealer to fix as much as they can with the recall now so when I sell it with every thing working .

I will stay with my Gixxa with no problems . Back to knee dragging at the twisties .
    BRP has tech training centers and has just opened two more. If the dealers don't send the techs, they can't be trained. Some dealers don't even bother to have them complete the video tech course. This is not a BRP problem...it is a dealer issue. JMHO
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    BRP has tech training centers and has just opened two more. If the dealers don't send the techs, they can't be trained. Some dealers don't even bother to have them complete the video tech course. This is not a BRP problem...it is a dealer issue. JMHO

I learned about the training aspect when my RTS blew up shortly after purchase. Metro Motorsports in Cedar Rapids bent over backwards to keep me ryding with a loaner while their certified tech attended training. When he returned he completely rebuilt the bike and it has been running great. Point is this: anyone obtaining the right to sell Spyders should be required to have trained people on staff that continue to attend the training. It makes a difference. Also, keeping tabs on customer service ratings would benefit BRP as well. I am sure great service Ratings and maintaining training levels could be rewarded.......

I truly hope you find a satisfactory solution to your problems. I am sure I would feel the same as you do if I didnt have a great dealer.
    Name: Eric Heims
    Red 2016 RTS, Diamond R Armrests, Ram X Mount, Doc Humphreys Dampener, BajaRon Swaybar, Spyderpops "Critter Splitter"

"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." John Philpot Curran 1790

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But how do we know who completed the BRP training, and exacly WHAT training did they complete?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    But how do we know who completed the BRP training, and exacly WHAT training did they complete?
    ...and how do you know about their honesty? The dealer I purchased from did not change the oil on the 600 mile service--but said he did. I no longer go there--even to buy equipment. But how is one to know? You can't post their names because then you'll get sued for defamation. So the only way to know is by having face-to-face conversations with your friends...

Someday maybe dealers will have an accreditation program that requires ongoing performance improvement, but I think it will be a cold day in h€££ before that happens.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLine View Post
    I really like the Spyder but this dealership experience really took its toll, BUT ValCruzSpyder has maybe given me a toe hold for hanging on. Gonna Call AllOut Cycles this morning.
    Thanks again for all the replies.
    Glad to hear you are giving it another shot. Am sure in the right hands, your issues will be handled professionally and resolved promptly. Sincere wishes that you will be back riding your spyder soon. Please keep us posted.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Ashley View Post
    ...and how do you know about their honesty? The dealer I purchased from did not change the oil on the 600 mile service--but said he did... ...You can't post their names because then you'll get sued for defamation. So the only way to know is by having face-to-face conversations with your friends...
    This whole internet fad can be very dangerous... Information gets spread like wildfire! You have to be extra careful about what you say...

I had an issue with a dealer over some major work being done to my bike... I grumbled, whined, complained, grumbled some more... But I never put the name out here... Eventually; things got sorted out, and I'm still friends with them. They support the Spyder community in an awful lot of ways, and I could have actually done a lot of collateral damage had I been irresponsible.
    It's often best to work behind the scenes until all other options have been proven fruitless...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Ashley View Post
    ...and how do you know about their honesty? The dealer I purchased from did not change the oil on the 600 mile service--but said he did. I no longer go there--even to buy equipment. But how is one to know? You can't post their names because then you'll get sued for defamation. So the only way to know is by having face-to-face conversations with your friends...

Someday maybe dealers will have an accreditation program that requires ongoing performance improvement, but I think it will be a cold day in h€££ before that happens.
    I don't think you can sued for sharing your experience with a dealer. I also do not think you can get sued for telling the truth. (of course, you can get sued for looking at somebody crooked these days, i'm talking about actual damages $$ against you)
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ledford View Post
    Read everything to this point. Sledmaster's reply was one of the better ones I think. I agree with the OP it is past time to pull the plug. As I have stated many times in my postings a good dealer that cares about his/her customers and the products they sell to them is essential to the success of the Can-Am Spyder. I do not understand the attitudes most dealers are portrayed as having in regard to what we are hearing here on the forum. Like the young lady hanging up on a customer. She is the stone around her Daddies neck and if he does not wake up soon she will have ran off all his customers and the cash flow will reverse itself to cash outflow.

I am so spoiled to have a dealership that honestly cares that the customer leaves the property satisfied. I hear things that upset me at times about this or that made so an so unhappy and I have been known to storm the Owners doorway asking " what's the deal about so an so telling about this or that?" I have also done the same thing to his staff, then to him. Why? I want t hem to stay in business as I may need their future services. Plus the fact that on Saturday mornings they have fresh donuts and hot coffee for the customers..... Very important stuff!!

Bob who is your dealer ?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I really like the Spyder but this dealership experience really took its toll, BUT ValCruzSpyder has maybe given me a toe hold for hanging on. Gonna Call AllOut Cycles this morning.
    Thanks again for all the replies.
    Any luck getting your Spyder checked out at All Out Cycles in Chesapeake VA?
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Shewhoprays's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Wink

We went on a 5,000 mile trip in late June early July on my Spyder and hubby's Harley. At many of the stops people would come up to us and the main question was "how's the service?" Poor service is why so many people are not buying the Spyder. Not sure of the answer. I understand tht if a dealer only sells a small number of spyders they can't afford to have every part sitting on the shelf waiting for a customer to come in. But there has to be a better answer than making customers wait weeks/months for parts. Dealers look bad and so does BRP. (I am so fortune to have Cowtown and Pitbull to go to but even they are 2-4 hours away from me, but their service is excellent)

Spyder Garage

Default Still waiting for a call.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyRyd View Post
    Any luck getting your Spyder checked out at All Out Cycles in Chesapeake VA?
    Dropped it off on Saturday and still waiting, but at least they took it in and didn't hang up on me. I understand its their busy time prepping and servicing 4 wheelers for the hunting season, and their original Spyder buyers have priority. Looks like a pretty efficient operation so I'll just have to wait my turn and hope for the best, I'll keep you posted.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dropped it off on Saturday and still waiting, but at least they took it in and didn't hang up on me. I understand its their busy time prepping and servicing 4 wheelers for the hunting season, and their original Spyder buyers have priority. Looks like a pretty efficient operation so I'll just have to wait my turn and hope for the best, I'll keep you posted.
    Progress! All Out Cycles is my dealer...bought my bike from them and always take it there for service. Always get an appointment within days of calling and always wait for the bike to be finished (with exception of the 14,000 mile service which took about 4+ hours). Owners, David and Mike Hansin are great folks.

Hope All Out Cycles takes care of you and you are satisfied with their service.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Shewhoprays View Post
    I understand tht if a dealer only sells a small number of spyders they can't afford to have every part sitting on the shelf waiting for a customer to come in. But there has to be a better answer than making customers wait weeks/months for parts.
    There is a way and every one of the auto manufacturers do it. Its call a manufacturers parts depot. Sometimes several around the country. Dealers only stock parts they use on a regular basis with restock being done automatically from sales. ALL other parts are inventoried in the parts depot and shipped to the dealer on demand. Speed of shipping based on the requirement and optimized by depot location. Amazon figured out years ago that 8 warehouses put inventory within 2 business days of 90% of the US population using standard ground shipping. This is not rocket science. Parts do not take weeks to get. Dealers take weeks to get off their duff and actually service vehicles. ( availability of techs is a problem ).

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default Parts availability

I have never had to wait more than 2-3 business days for ski-doo or spyder parts or accessories. Unless it is something that is completely out of stock, but this the exception. If anyone is waiting for weeks to get parts, then their dealer is likely not placing an order right away and is instead waiting to hit a minimum so they don't pay an extra surcharge. We simply do not wait for ski-doo or spyder parts, so something doesn't add up here. I'll bet it is more often a dealer issue than it is an BRP issue. The dealer can punch the part number into their on-line system and it tells them how many are in inventory right then and there. Pretty basic stuff. They should be able to tell you if it is available right now or not.

2021 RT Limited - Deep Marsala Red – 4,200 miles

2013 ST-S SE-5 - Circuit Yellow – 56,000 miles

2015 F3-S SM-6
    - Can-Am Red Solid Gloss – 2,000 miles - SOLD

2008 GS SM-5 Premier Edition #659
    - Full Moon – 34,000 miles - SOLD

2008 GS SM-5 Premier Edition #006
    - Full Moon – 34,800 miles - SOLD