Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spyder Garage

For me the sale of my 2011 Harley and a fair trade in on the 2013 ST-L and I will be in 2014 RT-L with matching trailer
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Default It will take!

1800 cc motor and shaft drive, lift up body panel for easy access to engine, quick change air filter.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder4Tess View Post
    Excessive oil usage??
    You too?

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by soaring hawk View Post
    1800 cc motor and shaft drive, lift up body panel for easy access to engine, quick change air filter.
    You should just buy a 'Wing and Trike it...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

arntufun

Currently there's an SAE J2807 towing standards stalemate in which all of the major pickup manufacturers, except for one (TOYOTA), are waiting for each other to voluntarily adopt and report figures according to the new standard. When will voluntary, universal compliance finally happen? It's anyone's guess, but today, nearly three years after the establishment of the standards, only Toyota is voluntarily abiding by and reporting towing capacity of its full-size trucks.

Only Toyota....... the other three know they can not force feed comsumers kool aid anymore when the real number come out.

Just sayin.....

honk.jpg

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

we have a 2007 Toyota super cap....40,000 miles hooked up to pull goose neck 18' trailer and what ever we put on it....here lately it's been the Spyder to Dealer...love our truck.....we also have a 2007 Saturn Turbo Sky...38,000 miles....just purchased 2013 Kia Soul...mom mobile...carry's their walker/wheelchair...1 Harley 2003.....3 Valkyries - 1997, 1998, 1999, and my 2013 Spyder...we generally keep vehicles till they just won't run

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SDM View Post
    Hey Mexican, do you use a stepladder to get into that thing?!?!?
    Actually, i use an elevator to get up there and a parachute to get down

Spyder Garage

Default 2014

I guess we will all know at Spyderquest when BRP will be there to let us know. I wonder if there will be any 2014 Spyder's there? Randy, wouldn't that be a cool thing.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by soaring hawk View Post
    . . . lift up body panel for easy access to engine.
    Now that would be nice!

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Bike & trucks - different rigs ring different bells. I really like my F 150 EB, and will never miss the $220 oil changes for my Ram diesel (16 quarts of oil, and a half gallon filter), or the fact that the Ram yielded worse highway milage…

I've just managed to engineer my RT to achieve an average of 31 mpg, offer a comfortable long distance ride, and corner like it's suppose to - why would anyone want to start over??? Especially with the history of the 2013 issues??

I never would have expected the 6th iteration of the Spyder to have steering or melting parts issues… However, here we are.

Ready to jump on another "upgrade"? No.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post

That being said what would push you over the edge to trade in your 20** for a 2014?
    In a couple of weeks we should here from the dealers what's new for 2014. I have a lot of people ask me if they should buy now and take advantage of some of the great deals out there or wait and see what's new for 2014 if anything. I'm pretty excited about 2014 but I get excited pretty easy.

You can push me over the edge with your credit card.....

Spyder Garage

I may be enticed to think about going 2014 if they introduced the hybrid with fast out of the gate speed and increased range.
    Sam Mancuso

Our "his and hers" Spyders. Read more about them at theotherwheel.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by effgjamis View Post
    You can push me over the edge with your credit card.....
    If you can afford that bike in your avatar you won't need my card.

Spyder Garage

One can buy a lot of diesel/gas for the payments on a free and clear ride.
    2015 RTSE, Red Pearl, Shorty Antenna, Chrome Rear Rack, Deer Whistles, BajaRon Anti-sway Bar

Spyder Garage

For me, a bigger motor, heat issues taken care of and easier way to check oil (I have Baker AirWings, so its kind of a pain to check oil). I did however, remove the grill in the opening by the oil. Reach in with my right hand.

Tommy J.
    Last edited by fireplug98; 09-07-2013 at 05:26 PM.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

Default I'm back ......

my 2008 spyder premier #2166 (one of the first 2500 ...real premier edition ...lol) has seen better days ... riding everyday through new england winters has not been kind to it ... with only 40000+ miles on it it is looking beat ... doesn't have the smooth ride it use to ...check brake light has been on for past 2 years ... rear fender brackets both cracked had brother do a quick weld job .... paint is looking shabby .....have worn out my esi foot pegs .... things are rusty.... instrument cluster all scratched up .... like i said ..my own fault ....most cars don't go through what that spyder has gone through .... I was just discussing this with my better half (her credit a lot better than mine ....) about looking into a 2014 RT with trailer ... i would like to see bigger engine with more power ... maybe 6 speed .... black ...solid black...loaded of course ......i'll keep forum updated on my progress in buying a new rt next spring ...

on another note Lamont ....
    I like my Ford Raptor 2013...horrible on gas almost 420 hp .... great fun to drive
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to see that you've stopped by!
    You may have to sneak down to Lake George to see if BRP has brought any of the new models with them...
    SpyderQuest!!

Spyder Garage

While there are lots of new features it would be fun to have, the key feature I would be looking for is an increase in quality and reliability. I've put in more maintenance on my 2010 than I think I should have had to, and I wouldn't want to be in the unfortunate position of those of you who bought 2013's.

BRP ought to be focusing on making improvements rather than adding features. I wouldn't consider a 2014 until I've seen what others have experienced with it, and I'd likely wait until the end of that model year to get a great deal on it.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Spyder, but I'd like to speak with more people who call it "bullet proof" than those who would like to send a bullet either at their dealer or the manufacturer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    Currently there's an SAE J2807 towing standards stalemate in which all of the major pickup manufacturers, except for one (TOYOTA), are waiting for each other to voluntarily adopt and report figures according to the new standard. When will voluntary, universal compliance finally happen? It's anyone's guess, but today, nearly three years after the establishment of the standards, only Toyota is voluntarily abiding by and reporting towing capacity of its full-size trucks.

Only Toyota....... the other three know they can not force feed comsumers kool aid anymore when the real number come out.

Just sayin.....

honk.jpg
    Good thing I don't have any intention of pulling a Space Shuttle with my F-150.

I like you Randy, but this isn't the first time you've posted this BS.

Toyota truck pulling a space shuttle, dumbest publicity stunt I have ever seen. Just sayin.....
    Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"

Spyder Garage

I thought this thread started asking about trucks ... My 2011 Ram is just broken in with 46K but to be honest, I don't seem to drive it too much since I got my Spyder and my Vulcan. I kept my last truck for 12 years with 214K miles so I doubt I'll be getting a new one any time soon.
    Bill
    Pride Runs Deep Semper Tacitus

An armed man is a Citizen; an unarmed man is a subject....

2017 F3 T SE6
    2015 Vulcan Vaquero ABS
    ALR Chapter 401 (Hilliard FL)
    GA & FL Patriot Guard

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Since I bought my Silverado at the end of last June; it's only had a touch of 4,500 miles rolled up on it...
    In the same period of time; my RT has logged 9,000 miles

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

4-wheel cages: I wish I still had some of the cars I owned from way back. But I'm a serial car collector. I can't afford the money or space to have all the cars I have liked at once. So I have them serially. When I had a good-paying job, sometimes I had 2 vehicles. Then something else would catch my eye and I'd trade one. I don't think I'd have done that if I'd had to make payments, though. When I was still in my last job, I traded a perfectly good Buick when a bright yellow PT Cruiser caught my I and I was in love. Now I'm unemployed, but I love the car I have! Go figure.

Spyders: I think I'll be keeping my 2010 RTS for a while. At least till it's paid off. Then what would make me want to trade? Some of the issues others have mentioned, like the heat, etc. Even then, I may just wait till they get a dealer closer to me than 130 miles.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    If you can afford that bike in your avatar you won't need my card.
    Lamont.... that is a picture. Now won't you reconsider???