Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default The Hijack thread.

Well, here it is. The hijack thread, or off topic thread if you want to call it that... Anytime anyone feels the need to pull a thread off topic, feel free to come here, and post what you want. Maybe this way the technical threads will stay on topic, and be productive.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shelbydave View Post
    Well, here it is. The hijack thread, or off topic thread if you want to call it that... Anytime anyone feels the need to pull a thread off topic, feel free to come here, and post what you want. Maybe this way the technical threads will stay on topic, and be productive.
    Excellent. There are several people who are notorious for doing that. One minute you are talking about a serious subject and next thing you know they are talking about their favorite album (album: definition - predecessor of the compact disc - normally used to playback music, audible books, etc.). But if you are going to average around 25 posts a day, you need to yammer on and on about something I guess.

My favorite is where someone notices someone who posted that attended a Spyder event where they just saw each other. Next thing you know you start seeing "HI, GLAD YOU MADE IT BACK SAFELY" etc. and then the entire exchange after that is bunch of shout outs. LOL. Pick up the phone people and talk to each other. Or use the private messaging capability of this FORUM.

Or use this thread to do your shout outs; exchange recipes, etc. as suggested by shelbydave.

Or how about all those posts where the person DOESN'T EVEN USE A THREAD TITLE that describes what they want to talk about. They give it some nebulous title. The shame is when they have something important to say. I have wondered how many bits of useful information I have missed because someone posts a thread with a useless title that is totally incomprehensible as to the subject matter. If you search titles only, you totally miss out on important information.
    Last edited by Knarfoh; 09-04-2013 at 09:46 AM.

Spyder Garage

feeling grouchy thie morning?

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post

Cruzr Joe
    Actually, no... just a little "spirited"...

And I like Pop Tarts over donuts... Less filling.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post

Cruzr Joe
    Nothing wrong with the comments being made at all. Sure people want to shout out or ask their own questions about things they are interested in, but please start your own thread to do that. As you know some of these threads get pretty long and eventually useful information gets lost when a thread is hijacked and the conversation is diverted away from its original discussion.

I just read a really great THREAD where a woman is trying to find a helmet for her husband who has arthritic hands. She is trying to find a helmet he can easily fasten and unfasten. Hopefully she will get her answer.

I also know that would be important information for many Spyder owners. You have to admit the average age of the Spyder owner is up there. However, in a week, that thread will descend into the belly of this FORUM. Anyone doing a search on the same subject, but only choosing to search thread titles, will never find it. And that would be a shame. They will NEVER find the information.

She asked a great question and got some good feedback. But she poorly titled her thread IMHO.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool Comments not pertaining to subject

Some of time it does wrinkle your skin a bit. Doesn't it?

My pet grumpy is the posts that are totally off the wall with no significant meaning tio the subject at hand. Just a frivolous post and waste of space. While some may think of me as a GOF I can be. My new attitude as of last week is pretty straight forward. If it is not related to the posters problem it gets ignored. I probably PM more then I post now.

The clicking sound you hear is my knees unlocking!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shelbydave View Post
    Actually, no... just a little "spirited"...

And I like Pop Tarts over donuts... Less filling.
    I disagree. I'm not sure why I disagree. I eat neither.

Wait a minute. I may have just gotten off topic to increase my post count.

Spyder Garage

I don't eat breakfast but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

How about the ones that sign off their names/handles after a post?
    We know who posted it by looking on the left side of the post... why waste the characters?!?!? (Looking at you, Cruzr Joe )

(BTW... same thing happens on Facebook... WHY?!?!?! If you account got highjacked on purpose, yes I can see the necesity of releasing another identity, but WE KNOW WHO POSTED!!!)

Bullant12
    Last edited by bullant12; 09-04-2013 at 10:53 AM.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Knarofh,

In all seriousness, I have found a lot of threads on the technical boards here that are more like posts you'd find on Facebook, if that makes any sense.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So; how's your weather?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Great idea..!!

but what are the odds that those folks would come here. Would be nice to keep threads on subject and if you have something to say to a poster he can PM him cause some things we just don't need to know..jmo
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I like pie!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I like pie!
    Weather is nice humidity is down low 80's. I like American Pie
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I like pie!
    And where the heck is Mr. Peabody when you need him?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Highly entertaining...

I initially clicked this thread to see what it was about. After reading the first post or 2, I was going to leave out of boredom. For some reason, I kept reading...and found myself highly entertained!!!

Not sure why, but my favorite comment is Bob's "I like Pie". Thanks for the smile this morning.

Signed;
    Spyder Tony (LMAO)

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    I like American Pie
    Been down to the levee with your Chevy lately...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've got him on my ignore list...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Knarfoh,

In all seriousness, I have found a lot of threads on the technical boards here that are more like posts you'd find on Facebook, if that makes any sense.
    Sadly, it makes too much sense.

But, I am a member of several Boards and they are all the same. For some it is like a race to see who can talk the most even if it is off-topic (or worse, they really don't know what they are talking about). This Board is chock full of good information, opinions, etc. You just have to look REALLY HARD for it sometimes and that shouldn't be the case. Check out the other Spyder forums and you see the same people post AD INFINITUM

I think the original poster's point was: start your own thread if your comment is off-topic. No one is saying you can't talk about other things. Just don't hijack a good thread and mire it down with useless information or comments.
    Last edited by Knarfoh; 09-04-2013 at 12:05 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There is Another.jpg Sooooo... what movie is this from?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Knarfoh View Post
    Sadly, it makes too much sense.

AD NAUSEAM

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think that Peabody was the dog...
    his young sidekick was Sherman...

Spyder Garage

Default What's the point of this thread?

I mean come on, there's no gripin', no diatribes about heat, quality, bad dealers, poor customer service, poor engineering, or anything that would raise the ire of the loyal. Do I make my point?

Spyder Garage

I have nothing to add to this thread, so I'm not posting anything to it...wait...

Signed,
    Some Guy (in case you were wondering who posted this)

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...