Got out of the VA hospital this afternoon around 2:00 pm. May have to be re-admitted tomorrow sometime, hoping not to though. About 1.5 months ago I had a piece of shrapnel in my back become infected and work its way out. I got it out myself and tried to heal it by putting antibiotic cream and keeping it covered. That didn't work so I went in & was put on antibiotics for 10 days. Still wasn't healed so I got a different antibiotic for another 10 days. 2 weeks ago tomorrow I started feeling lousy with a low, 101.5 temp. and fever. This past Thurs. about 3:30 am. I was in the emergency room to get it checked out. I don't know what the Dr. was thinking at first, I guess he thought I was some kind of nut. They drew some blood & sent it to the lab did a test or 2 then all H3ll broke loose. Started looking at my heart using 3 different tools. Apparently the infection was throughout my body and causing all sorts of problems. Put me in care of the CARDIAC Dept. I'm now taking my 4th antibiotic at a high dose, waiting to get more blood cultures back (hopefully tomorrow sometime), & waiting to see if the infection is going to BE eliminated. All this from a little piece of mortar shrapnel from 1966. Who would have thought it would be such a pain in my a** now .