Spyder Garage

Default XM renewal coming up

Last year MurphyBrown posted a phone number to get a discount on her XM Radio subscription. I've noted the number. Has anyone this year come across any deals?
    My renewal is due in March and they want $166.85 a year. I only listen to two channels. That' it! Channel 51 BPM and 52 Electric Area. There are NO radio stations in North GA that play that type of music.

I don't have smart enough phone and I'm not planning to get another phone. Getting on the Internet is a joke.

So I need cheaper XM radio service.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    Last year MurphyBrown posted a phone number to get a discount on her XM Radio subscription. I've noted the number. Has anyone this year come across any deals?
    My renewal is due in March and they want $166.85 a year. I only listen to two channels. That' it! Channel 51 BPM and 52 Electric Area. There are NO radio stations in North GA that play that type of music.

I don't have smart enough phone and I'm not planning to get another phone. Getting on the Internet is a joke.

It has been awhile (6 years or so) but I got lifetime sirius for about 350 dollars. It might be a lot different now with the 2 combining companies awhile back. Good luck!

Spyder Garage

They will call ya when it about to run out. Tell 'em its too $$ and your going to drop it. They will knock a chunck off
    to keep ya. Last yr i actually let it cancel, and they send me offers that were a 1/3 or more off.

Spyder Garage

Yea, I got a notice in the mail yesterday letting me know the renewal is in March.

Spyder Garage

Right before it expires, they will call you. Every year I have told them I won't pay over $100. Each time they have said, "Oh, by the way, we're having a special going on" and they lower it to around $90. Hope that will work for you too.

Spyder Garage

I've got XM in 2 vehicles, over 300/year, getting ready to go to a portable I can carry, AND try for a lower rate, would like it if they'd give a per channel rate, or a package rate for channels we select.

john

Spyder Garage

Default Deep XM discounts still available

Usually you will first get connected to an outsourced rep...I request a US based rep...then start "dealing"...had a local I told about this...they called me a couple days ago and XM dropped their rate 2/3....so get your tough negotiating panties on and go for it!!! They do not want to lose customers and do to all the freebie thru smartphones they are .. good luck..just remember every dollar you save is another to spend on Spydering!!!!
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Default XM Renewal

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post

I subscribe to the Music only plan. Is $105 for the yr plus tax and fees.

Spyder Garage

My XM expired a year ago, just started to get emails offering 6 months for $25 plus fees.

Spyder Garage

keep pushing, I never pay more than $70 for the year, even be prepared to let your subscription end.

They will threaten you with reconnection charge but play hard ball. I too have received offers of 6 months for $25 on radio I let the accounts end on.

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default XM radio

I got a lifetime subscription for my first Sirius radio about 8 years ago for $300. Fourteen months ago to get the lifetime for the Spyder cost me between $700 and $800 dollars plus it is not transferrable to another radio should you trade.

Spyder Garage

You all have a radio on your Spyder??