Spyder Garage

Default what a bunch of bull

this is, i just got off the phone with the dealer about my bike and why they have it since monday, they said they are waiting on the tire i need and it MIGHT come tomorrow if not tuesday. so i asked them to plug the tire that is on the bike now until the new tire comes in and he said we have the bike apart waiting for the new tire. so i am thinking no bike for the 3 day weekend
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

That stinks

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Sorry to here that what about a loner
    2017 F3-S , circuit yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

John; I'm sorry to hear that...
    I realize that this was an emergency, no proior warning kind of deal...
    I always try to call and make an appointment with a very specific list of stuff to be done; that way the dealer knows what I expect him to have when I show up...
    This is for a tire; not that expensive ot keep at least one or two for each end of the bike in stock...
    Hang in there!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default tire

i told them the bike has 6oo miles so pull a tire off one of the other bikes and replace it when mine comes in but he said he couldn't do that it is way too much work and as far as a loaner i don't like to do that because with my luck someone would hit me.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    i told them the bike has 6oo miles so pull a tire off one of the other bikes and replace it when mine comes in but he said he couldn't do that it is way too much work and as far as a loaner i don't like to do that because with my luck someone would hit me.
    You're insurance should cover anything while you have the loaner...any mechanical failure would be covered under the loaner bike's warranty. I swear by loaner bikes, but it's just my personal choice. No bike owner should have to endure an extended weekend without their 2 (or 3 in this case) wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That applies to private passenger motor vehicles here in New York State; but I don't believe that it is applied to motorcycles...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

John, I feel your pain. I have a brand new tire in my garage that I didn't get to install before the incident. If you were closer I would let you have it.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Cruelty to Spyder Owners

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Tony View Post
    You're insurance should cover anything while you have the loaner...any mechanical failure would be covered under the loaner bike's warranty. I swear by loaner bikes, but it's just my personal choice. No bike owner should have to endure an extended weekend without their 2 (or 3 in this case) wheels.

We should start a " cruelty to Spyder owners society" just for deals like this! Lets all boycott that dealer and picket his store tomorrow morning.

Spyder Garage

All those days--and over a tire replacement. What does this dealership stock in back up parts? I thought that BRP required dealers to carry X $ is parts if they wanted to carry the brand. I believe that tires should be one of those "never run out of" type of parts. JMHO.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    All those days--and over a tire replacement. What does this dealership stock in back up parts? I thought that BRP required dealers to carry X $ is parts if they wanted to carry the brand. I believe that tires should be one of those "never run out of" type of parts. JMHO.
    I agree. tires are a pretty standard item too. There's no excuse not to have a few spares in stock.

Spyder Garage

Default tire

you would figure BRP would have a warehouse in the states if the tire was ordered from them, when they installed my radio Bluetooth they found they needed the audio cable and that took days to get also
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Default Really..!!!

any shop I know of would never pull a wheel knowing they have none in stock. The unit becomes a bolder in everyones way. They do not roll well without wheels... But really I would check. .this business of holding folks bikes hostage is annoying...hope your not grounded for the weekend...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

If you haven't already, I would be calling other dealers to see if they have one in stock.
    You have five on the Island alone.

Good Luck
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

For all the agro from my dealer, at least they have tires in stock. Would they install an off brand tire if you got one from a tire store??

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Default dealer

no i haven't called around looking for a tire only because when my bike first came in and we were missing the audio cable i found one local after he had ordered one and when i said let me get the one local he didn't want to do it because he had already ordered one and didn't want to send it back or keep it in stock so i had to wait. i really have no clue why he doesn't stock tires, but that's how he runs his business
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    no i haven't called around looking for a tire only because when my bike first came in and we were missing the audio cable i found one local after he had ordered one and when i said let me get the one local he didn't want to do it because he had already ordered one and didn't want to send it back or keep it in stock so i had to wait. i really have no clue why he doesn't stock tires, but that's how he runs his business
    The suggestion to get an aftermarket tire might be the solution if you otherwise don't get the tire this weekend. There are lots of suggestions as to sizes and brand. Some will come on with suggestions. If dealer refuses to mount the tire on the rim, you have it done and then bring back to dealer for install on the . Screw anything that the dealer may say about aftermarket tires not for . Dealer caused the problem here by not stocking the tire to begin with.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Lay a P225/50-R15 tire up on his counter, and tellhim to mount it up!