Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default The Non-missing Grill is Missing

Had the in for 1000 mile service and looks like they forgot to attach the grill on the left side by the drivers foot, as it flew off down the road. Have to order a new one. My question is, as I am leaving on a long trip for 5 days, will this cause any issues Wit the ?

thanks
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

You'll have more air flow and less heat. LOL

Spyder Garage

Suggest, ever so nicely to your dealer, that since they caused the problem, they need to make it right in time for your trip. Ask if there is a problem, riding without it. If they say not to do so, tell them to either give you a loaner Spyder, or they can pull a panel off another bike for you to use for your trip. Their fault . . . their responsibility to make it right.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Default Relax a bit..!!

not a problem ryding without it. Do check with the dealer, seems they may not have re-installed it properly. Read a lot about panels falling off and some threads on how to secure them better..good luck..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    Suggest, ever so nicely to your dealer, that since they caused the problem, they need to make it right in time for your trip. Ask if there is a problem, riding without it. If they say not to do so, tell them to either give you a loaner Spyder, or they can pull a panel off another bike for you to use for your trip. Their fault . . . their responsibility to make it right.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

For sure they didn't install it correctly. It's on them if you can convince them of it. Since that panel is mainly to the oil tank, I don't see a problem with running without it other than that gaping hole.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It will make checking the oil much easier on your trip! When you get the new panel put a piece of velcro on the panel and one on the frame and it won't come off unless you want it to. Do that for the right side panel also. Dealers have a knack for not attaching the panels properly.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

The last two times I had my serviced, I found loose and improperly installed panels. I always do a walk-around to make sure they did not damage the while in their care. It's a bummer when a panel blows off while driving down the road--the vehicle behind seems to nail it, or it flys off to netherland--never to be found again.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    It will make checking the oil much easier on your trip! When you get the new panel put a piece of velcro on the panel and one on the frame and it won't come off unless you want it to. Do that for the right side panel also. Dealers have a knack for not attaching the panels properly.
    Thanks Before my 600mi service you had to pry mine off with a screwdriver ( JK) but the tech in his infinite wisdom lubed them. Had the rear pop out, glad my wife saw it, is how I found out what he did. I just got done cleaning the grommets with rubbing alcohol and moved the rubber to the top and replaced it with a piece of industrial grade Velcro. Nice and tight now.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the party, I lost my rt hand side and after few phone calls and nice conversation with BRP with reference of my dealer to talk to them. Now BRP gave me credits to purchase my lost panel. I'm still waiting for my new panel being ordered by my dealer.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

OMG not the screen on the left side!

I would not ride it. It will throw codes and eventually put you in limp mode!
    Get it fixed now!

I am kidding obviously

But... if your left shoe melts don't say I did not warn you! You might limp home on a melted shoe!

Again I am kidding!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Good news

We got ready to go on our trip yesterday and it just happened that the dealer was on the way. We rode into the service department, asked the manager to take a look, and he went back int the shop and produced the missing part, installed it and we were on the road. Took 15 minutes. Thanks to Forrest at Elk Grove Power Sports.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

EGPS is a great dealership! Glad to hear they took care of you.

Have a safe trip.

Spyder Garage

I did see a mod at the dealer a guy did to his. He attached a bracket to it and put a short piece of light gauge wire rope from his frame to a small carabiner that attached to the bracket it was the ultimate solution IMHO.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment