Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    I am sorry that you had a poor experience with them, the majority of Harley Riders that i have encountered are pretty decent but their is still a large number of them out there that have the "Harley" attitude but i think they are coming around (slowly).

If i were you i would do the ride again next year and maybe get a couple of other spyders to go with you. i ride with one particular Spyder Ryder that wears the Harley guys out when they are in front of him and leaves them in the dust when they are behind him.

Cruzr Joe
    I agree, right after putting on BajaRon's sway bar I went out with a few HD drivers that had a little attitude till we got to the bottom of the hill. They all mentioned a new respect for my"Zippy". Don't let it slow you down go again and again they'll start to take an interest....been there Done that,
    2013 RT-S se5, C/D HMT third tail light( r/b/t), Ram Cup holder, TRICLED front fender LED's (r/t), C/D Bright sides (r/t), Bajaron sway bar and metal heim links, TRICLED mirror turn signal LED's, ISCI tall dual flag holder, BackOff LED license plate frame, "Rufus" (stuffed 20" Bulldog) real one wants nothing to do with bike. Honel tri bag for dash, recordingguy25's (SL handle) custom mud flap ( didn't want plain old square cut mud flap. Spyderpops critter gitter. Gremlin Bell

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I KNOW THE FEELING , HA HA ........BUT GUESS WHAT

A couple of weeks ago Dee and I went on the SHRINERS Annual TOY RUN in Vermont....They collect toys /games etc. to distribute to children in the Hospitals they run ( quite a few ).....This event this year had about 850 + Bikes ( only 5 Spyders ) 90 % are those burley Harley Devil Types ......Well we brought " MAX " see avatar , and He was a hit.... I couldn't count the number of Ferocious Harley Guys wanted their picture taken with MAX and some with them feeding him mini carrots by placing them in their mouths for max to remove.....Which he gladly obliged slobbering quite happily and taking from their lips ..............So next time just bring a Cute Bulldog................Mike

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Harley riders

I like to think of Harley folk as "one million rugged individualists, riding the same machine and wearing the same clothes".
    Have to acknowledge that Harley is a marketing masterpiece of long duration. Somebody was a genius.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Group riding etiquette has always had trikes to the rear...

SL #7026
    VBA #652
    HOG #3935417
    2011 Viper-Red Spyder RT SE5 & Trailer
    2017 HD Ultra Limited
    Former Rides: 2014 HD Ultra Limited; '04 Kawa Nomad; '09 HD Ultra-Classic; and many Hondas through the years.
    Spyder Newbies Do's & Do Not's: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Tony View Post
    Well, This past Sunday I participated in the “Never Too Early 2 Ride” motorcycle fundraising ride. I was told that all bikes were welcomed. I showed up and immediately noticed that I was the only non-Harley (not to mention the only Spyder rider) out of at least 50 bikes. Turns out 2 local Harley chapters showed up for the ride and it was sponsored by Folsom Harley Davidson. It was about an hour before the ride began, so I mingled and chatted. Had some great conversations with some folks, but frankly, most weren't going out of their way to have a conversation.

Once it was announced to line up to begin the ride, I rode up next to a couple of guys, introduced myself and asked if there was a particular riding order. His response was "Yeah...trikes in the back cause they get in the way". I was riding 2-up with my girlfriend, so kept my cool, but this really pissed me off.

On the 1st stop of the ride, the wife of the man with the trike bias approached my girlfriend & I and apologized for her husband's comment earlier, and I told her I really appreciated her doing so, but thought he should be the one to apologize (Still thought it was really great of her to go out of her way to find me & apologize). She explained that they went on a long ride with a new RT owner & he would almost come to a complete stop before negotiating any corner, so the ride was less than fun due to his excessive, nervous braking. Although I totally understood her point (and their negative experience with the RT owner on the ride) I explained that it is unfair to judge the "whole" due to the actions of a "few", and that I am a more than competent Spyder driver and owner.

Stops 2, 3, and 4 produced more conversation with a couple more riders (Go-Pro related chat, how they kept all that chrome clean related chat). The ride home was phenomenal as it was through PLENTY of twists and turns...along with whoop-de-whoops (roads over rolling hills) and my Spyder was in heaven. The scenery was GREAT...gotta get me a Go PRo so I can see footage of my rides!!!

To sum it up...this was the first time I was going on an extended ride (approximately 150 miles round trip) riding 2-up, as I took my girlfriend with me. I found that I want to get the BajaRon sway bar due to the roll in corners riding 2 up (I do not get this roll riding solo). Also, the ride itself I found great...but those I rode with I found unwelcoming to a good degree. Again, I state that I found some individuals very pleasant and engaging, but I did feel that the mass was a bit like the high school clicks where it was "Them and us". I do not judge the whole by the actions of a few, since I have ridden with other Harley riders and they have been VERY open and welcoming to riding with myself as well as other bikes. In fact, this is probably the 1st time I have ridden with a group of Harley riders and left with a bad taste in my mouth. I have decided that although my initial reaction was to "stay with my own" and ride with other Spyders only (this was an emotional reaction that lasted only a couple of minutes), clarity eventually prevailed and I have come to the conclusion that although I will not be participating in this particular ride in the future, I will continue to ride with anyone wanting to welcome my company and my 3 wheels.
    I prefer riding at the back of a group ride whether on 2 wheels or 3 because I can keep the distance I want and have an escape route when stuff happens in the middle of the pack

Spyder Garage

Been ryding a spyder 3 years. Legion Rider, we have just about every make/model on our large rydes. At first there were the usual negative comments, over time the comments have changed, I've even had claims of envy on long rydes, "he looks comfortable and he doesn't have to put his feet down" I think they're getting used to us...