Hybrid View

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    . . . the only thing a Harley can do better than a Spyder is make noise.

Cruzr Joe
    But they do make a great noise when compared to crotch-rockets!
    2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The real riders in the group will treat everyone with respect because they ride, not for what the ride. I was told by a Harley rider I used to work with that he never would ride a trike (had sold his bike due to medical problems). I saw him a few months later and he was re-thinking things. I think he was missing the wind in his face more than his hog.

It is common in a group ride for trikes to be in the back. It helps maintain spacing and everyone to proceed at their own pace, for the most part. I wouldn't think much of that.

I would recommend you keep riding with whomever you enjoy visiting with - regardless of what they ride. It is funny, however, that I seem to get more waves on my Vulcan than on the Spyder - but not too much difference.

Spyder Garage

"His response was "Yeah...trikes in the back cause they get in the way" aha! so he did acknowledge as a motorcycle
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the write up. You will always run into a few negatives when you have a crowd that big. Glad you had a good time anyway.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on your nice attitude and I'm glad you represented most of us what kind of riders we are.God Bless us All.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Harley Rides

I still ride with my Hog group that I was in for 7 years, so I guess I don't see this attitude at all. Every ride I do with them I offer to be in the back due to the spacing recommended ny MSF. The answer is "ride where you want and ride your own ride." Never been a problem and Even with diff groups, I've not had any. I do not exceed the speed limit by more than 10 mph in a group ride, and I just let them wander off if that's what they want to do. The HOG group in Cartersville, GA is first class. BTW, they are up to 6 or 7 HD trikes now and no malice towards them either, even when thy ride in the middle. Mature riders make a giant difference in the conduct of a good ride. If you want to ride a Spyder like a Jap bike, go ahead, ride with folks of the same attitude and have a great time.

Time to ride down the road 15 miles and get dinner with some grand kids.

Tuck

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TuckMiddle View Post
    If you want to ride a Spyder like a Jap bike, go ahead, ride with folks of the same attitude and have a great time.

Time to ride down the road 15 miles and get dinner with some grand kids.

Tuck
    A WHAT kind of bike????????????
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My wife and I went on a charity poker run "Ride for Cancer",and we were the only Spyder among all of the Harleys..Not one person talked to us...We split in groups and I found myself in the lead on one group..I told my wife,I bet its killing these guys to follow a Spyder...I made sure I stayed out front,not letting them quite catch up..I pulled over after a while at a stop,waived them next to me,and said "why don't you guys lead,I don't wanna hold you up".....They said "your doing fine,stay where you're at!"....Just don't get the attitude..Harley Davidson is a marketing miracle...Got to give it to them..

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jerpinoy View Post
    on your nice attitude and I'm glad you represented most of us what kind of riders we are.God Bless us All.
    "DITTO"

Spyder Garage

I have to say that 'Trikes in the back' has been conventional wisdom for a long time. This is because conventional trikes have a mechanical disadvantage in the twisties. Though there are some who are skilled enough to keep up on a conventional trike, this is rare.

A standard Spyder with a skilled rider should be able to keep up with most 2 wheeler's and Harley riders are not normally burning up the twisties. A well set up Spyder should be able to do better than keep up with the average 2 wheeler.

3 wheels still have a disadvantage when compared to a full race machine like a Hayabusa, Ninja, etc. But try riding one of them on a long distance tour.

I applaud you for keeping your cool and letting the issue resolve itself. That's hard to do.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...