Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default My axle nuts are driving me nuts...

Sorry for the newb question, but I am trying to remove the left axle nut on my Spyder so that I can use a side-mounted license plate relocation bracket.

I've got a 36mm socket and a large wrench, but when I try and remove the left axle nut, the right one (the cotter-pinned side) ultimately turns and comes off. I can't seem to turn either side to get the left off without the axle spinning and the right nut coming off.

Is there a trick to this, or does the left always stay on and you have to push the axle out from the right to get to that side?

Thanks!
    --
    Central Arkansas
    2010 RS-S SE5 Pearl White

RT-S PE#0180
    Spyder Garage

The left nut is actually welded to the axle. It is not removable. In order to achieve your end, you'll be required to remove the axle unless you can mount this on the right side.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by frank3 View Post
    The left nut is actually welded to the axel. It is not removable. In order to achieve your end, you'll be required to remove the axel unless you can mount this on the right side.
    Ok, that answers that - Thanks!

I'm not going to mess with jacking up the Spyder and removing the axle... so I'll find a way to mount to the right side.
    --
    Central Arkansas
    2010 RS-S SE5 Pearl White