Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Any interest in a Northern California Ride???

I have seen some info on great organized rides all around the US, but not so much in Nor Cal. Admittedly, I missed Spyders in the Redwoods...would've loved to debut my new ST-L there, but it wasn't to be.

Anyways, I am VERY interested in a Northern California ride...but don't feel qualified to organize such a thing. I figure if there were enough interest, maybe we could collectively organize something...and maybe even make it an annual event. I am willing to put in the time, effort, and learn how to coordinae something like this if there is enough interest to pull it off. I am in Fair Oaks (just outside of Sacramento, Ca) and figure there has to be enough interested Spyder owners in California's Capitol...not to mention the San Francisco chapter of Spyder Ryders, and other surrounding cities. I am open to ALL suggestions on how to get this kick started. Might be late in the year for an event this year, but it would be cool to kick off something next year. Heck....i'd even be happy with an informal group of local Spyder owners going for a short ride THIS riding season.

I read the posts about these great Spyder group outings in WA, NY, etc and am jealous. I want to eventually ryde across states, but must start within CA first. Please post or PM me if you have an interest in a Nor Cal Ride...OR if you have advice on how to begin the process of organizing such an event.
    Hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew...

Spyder Garage

I feel the same way.

Would love to one day be involved in a few nice cruises, but don't feel organized enough to take it on myself.

And I'm 3500 miles from Northern California so it won't be done there.

arntufun

A little back story on our group in NY

It all started when Lamont made a sub section where you could create groups. We were the first group started on Spyderlovers. Our group is spead out all over the state and once or twice a year we would get together and take rides. This is how we all became friends.

There was a NY Spyder event put on by another website and early this year they informed us that they were not putting SITA on. Shortly after, they sold the website to knew owners. This left us north eastern folks without a event.

A few of us soon kicked around the idea of doing our own event and thats how Spyderquest was born. All I have to say is it's ALOT OF WORK in the short amount of time we have, but at the same time it's fun........ I can't imagine what Pitbull and the Mogang go through to plan a event with 10x more people showing up !!!!!!! We are very nervous because this is our first event and it's less than a month away.

With all that said, just get a few folks together (you should never do it alone) that are committed to helping bring a event to life, some sponsors and hopefully a lot of luck with Mother Nature. Just don't organize it to close to SITR and people will come because SITR is the only event on the west coast. No matter what you plan for your guests, it will never top just hanging out with other Spyder owners.

Good Luck !!!
    Last edited by arntufun; 08-24-2013 at 05:02 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Northern CA Ride

Hi Tony,

From what I can see, you and I are among the few Sac area people on this thread. A lot are in the Bay Area. The young lady who organizes the Spyder group in the Bay area MAY be able to help you. She does organize rides around the area. For me, it is a long ride to the Bay to then ride somewhere, so I did not persue it further. If you want to ride the Delta, let me know. I normally ride with the Harley group from Vacaville as my husband has a Harley and belongs. The seem ok letting me ride with them. You might try the Sac Harley groups. We are riding to Lake Tahoe for the Labor Day weekend and you are welcome to ride up with us. We will be coming home on Monday. I am in Isleton.
    Gay

Spyder Garage

Tony, I live in Fair Oaks too and am a member of Spyder Ryder of America Sacramento Chapter. We try to have monthly rides, at the very least. Check out meetup.com and do a search for Spyder. I don't think we have any rides scheduled for the rest of August, but members of the meetup group can schedule rides. You can also keep track of us at srasacramento.com. There is an organized charitable ride scheduled in September by Marina Boat Sales in Lodi which is normally a ride around the Delta and then lunch at the home of owner of the dealership.

Spyder Garage

I'm in Modesto. A few riders here that I know of (3-4), plus some passersby riders I see from a distance. Not alot of folks based on population, even less due to the Can Am dealer closing in Modesto.

We are here though... RECLUSE is in Tracy I think..

Steve

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Tony View Post
    I have seen some info on great organized rides all around the US, but not so much in Nor Cal. Admittedly, I missed Spyders in the Redwoods...would've loved to debut my new ST-L there, but it wasn't to be.

Anyways, I am VERY interested in a Northern California ride...but don't feel qualified to organize such a thing. I figure if there were enough interest, maybe we could collectively organize something...and maybe even make it an annual event. I am willing to put in the time, effort, and learn how to coordinae something like this if there is enough interest to pull it off. I am in Fair Oaks (just outside of Sacramento, Ca) and figure there has to be enough interested Spyder owners in California's Capitol...not to mention the San Francisco chapter of Spyder Ryders, and other surrounding cities. I am open to ALL suggestions on how to get this kick started. Might be late in the year for an event this year, but it would be cool to kick off something next year. Heck....i'd even be happy with an informal group of local Spyder owners going for a short ride THIS riding season.

I read the posts about these great Spyder group outings in WA, NY, etc and am jealous. I want to eventually ryde across states, but must start within CA first. Please post or PM me if you have an interest in a Nor Cal Ride...OR if you have advice on how to begin the process of organizing such an event.
    Hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew...
    I've even got to learn how to post a response on this thing! I bought my "second" Spyder in May and I've already got over 6,000 miles on it! I'm interested in Northern California rides! Back in 2008/09 there were plenty of weekend rides and the trip to Universal Studios was a blast! My direct connection to the folks who own Spyders was lost when I went through Chapter 11 and my hopes to connect was revived recently by just following the comments here! I'm hoping to build rapport with the "crew" so I can join future rides. In the meantime, I'll keep quiet and follow the trends!

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I'll be there

Quote Originally Posted by SpydherLuv View Post
    Tony, I live in Fair Oaks too and am a member of Spyder Ryder of America Sacramento Chapter. We try to have monthly rides, at the very least. Check out meetup.com and do a search for Spyder. I don't think we have any rides scheduled for the rest of August, but members of the meetup group can schedule rides. You can also keep track of us at srasacramento.com. There is an organized charitable ride scheduled in September by Marina Boat Sales in Lodi which is normally a ride around the Delta and then lunch at the home of owner of the dealership.
    Unless I burn up on Saturday that is, Tony come on out for that charity ride on Sunday, you will find the details on meetup.com. Come on out. Great group of Spyder Ryder's.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default I'm in Elk Grove

Quote Originally Posted by SafeSide Vet View Post
    I've even got to learn how to post a response on this thing! I bought my "second" Spyder in May and I've already got over 6,000 miles on it! I'm interested in Northern California rides! Back in 2008/09 there were plenty of weekend rides and the trip to Universal Studios was a blast! My direct connection to the folks who own Spyders was lost when I went through Chapter 11 and my hopes to connect was revived recently by just following the comments here! I'm hoping to build rapport with the "crew" so I can join future rides. In the meantime, I'll keep quiet and follow the trends!
    Safe side, I am in Elk Grove too. I just recently joined the Spyder Ryder's of America Sacramento Chapter, and they have a lot of stuff going on, check it out at srasacramento.com.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default Lets do it.

Tony

lets start thinking of some things and places to go. Great ride from here to Pt. Reyes Station up 1 to Bodega Bay to Jenner inland through the coast redwoods. We are Soooooo lucky that we have so many great places to ryde. PM me and let's talk.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default You are NOT alone..... I'm here

OK OK OK I will put my 2cents worth in...

are you talking of a multi day event? if so I may be able to help. For years I was
    in charge of the AMA Dist. 36 Western Hey Dey Rally, I may be able to give some
    pointers that will help If you want any info contact me at motorcycledave@mac.com
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Gruff View Post
    Hi Tony,

From what I can see, you and I are among the few Sac area people on this thread. A lot are in the Bay Area. The young lady who organizes the Spyder group in the Bay area MAY be able to help you. She does organize rides around the area. For me, it is a long ride to the Bay to then ride somewhere, so I did not persue it further. If you want to ride the Delta, let me know. I normally ride with the Harley group from Vacaville as my husband has a Harley and belongs. The seem ok letting me ride with them. You might try the Sac Harley groups. We are riding to Lake Tahoe for the Labor Day weekend and you are welcome to ride up with us. We will be coming home on Monday. I am in Isleton.
    Gay

Spyder Garage

Hi there. I am in the Fairfield area. I ride the delta, Lake Berryessa and I have been known to travel to the bay area to ride. With you being in the Sacramento area you should contact MelSpyderryder. He leads the Sacramento chapter of SROA and he is just a good guy (don't tell him I said that). There are a lot of friendly Spyder folks in the area. And we all love to ride.

Very Happy Spyder Guy
    The 2015 F3 has over 46,000 miles
    Have Spyder...Will Travel

Spyder Garage

Default Sunday, the 8th, Ride from Lodi around the Delta

There is a charity ride starting at Marina Boats and Powersports, the Can Am dealer, with check in at 9, ride starting at 10. It is the 3rd annual Spyder and motorcycle ride. It will be a ride through the Delta ending at the owners home, Mike Monez, for a sit down BBQ. Cost is $25, with the proceeds going to Lodi House, a non-profit agency providing shelter and support to homeless women and children. Call Jon Hilscher at 209-367-1111 or go to the website www.marinaboatsales.com for more information.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tierhog View Post
    I'm in Modesto. A few riders here that I know of (3-4), plus some passersby riders I see from a distance. Not alot of folks based on population, even less due to the Can Am dealer closing in Modesto.

We are here though... RECLUSE is in Tracy I think..

Steve
    This is Recluse now known as Bob Naquin and I am in Manteca which is close enough to Tracy. I am a spur of the moment rider and that is sort of how I live my life so I am not much for organized rides...and I am a recluse so there is that. But good luck and you never know when I will climb out of my web.

Spyder Garage

Default See You in Lodi

Look forward to the ryde in Lodi tomorrow. Should be a blast.

Spyder Garage

Default A Great Day

Well we had a blast yesterday at the Spyders for Lodi House ryde yesterday. The event was sponsored by Marina Boats and Powersports in Lodi. I counted 32 Spyders, and there were even some really weird looking vehicle with only two wheels. Don't know how they don't fall over all the time. Great ryde up the river road into Old Sacramento across the tower bridge. A little cool down in Old Sac and we were back down the river road again. We were treated to a great BBQ lunch at Marina's Owner Mike's house and then home to watch the 49ers beat the Packers. Truly a wonderful day, thanks to Mike and John of Marina Powersports, and to Lodi House for doing such great work.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Success meeting others to ride...

Okay, since initially posting this thread (Thanks for the input, btw!!!) I took a Delta ride with the Sacramento Road Cruisers (Great bunch of people) which included 6 other Spyders besides myself. I also plan to attend the Spyder Ryders of America chapter meeting on the 17th of this month. 2 days ago, I took my girlfriend on our longest 2-up trip yet...300 miles to Lassen National Park and back...That is a GREAT ride!!!

Anyways, I look forward to seeing (and riding with) you local folks soon, since my network of Spyder owners/ryders is growing. Meetup.com was a BIG help in finding local rides to participate in...both Spyder based, and 2-wheeled rides. Would still like to see a bigger, more organized greater Sacramento area based Spyder event similar to what other venues have, but in the meantime, i'm happy having found other local Spyders & 2 wheelers to ride with.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Well we had a blast yesterday at the Spyders for Lodi House ryde yesterday. The event was sponsored by Marina Boats and Powersports in Lodi. I counted 32 Spyders, and there were even some really weird looking vehicle with only two wheels. Don't know how they don't fall over all the time. Great ryde up the river road into Old Sacramento across the tower bridge. A little cool down in Old Sac and we were back down the river road again. We were treated to a great BBQ lunch at Marina's Owner Mike's house and then home to watch the 49ers beat the Packers. Truly a wonderful day, thanks to Mike and John of Marina Powersports, and to Lodi House for doing such great work.
    That sounds fun!

Spyder Garage

Default modesto

any riders in modesto looking for others who ryde give me a cal 209-629-5248 floyd