Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Digital Display Question

I had my cluster replaced a while ago and now my Digital Temp gauge is replaced with what looks like a Air Suspension Digital gauge randomly. I do not have the auto air suspension. Is there a way to toggle between the 2 displays? Right now if the Suspension gauge shows I shut down the Spyder and when I restart it is back to Temp gauge. Must be an easier way. Next time at the dealer maybe they can tell the ECM I don't have that option.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That sounds like a computer glitch that BUDS can fix. I can't think of a way to toggle since you don't have the air suspension
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Change jumper wire to #6 & #3 in orange terminal block under heater switches

Quote Originally Posted by Rotaxer View Post
    I had my cluster replaced a while ago and now my Digital Temp gauge is replaced with what looks like a Air Suspension Digital gauge randomly. I do not have the auto air suspension. Is there a way to toggle between the 2 displays? Right now if the Suspension gauge shows I shut down the Spyder and when I restart it is back to Temp gauge. Must be an easier way. Next time at the dealer maybe they can tell the ECM I don't have that option.
    1. Find the Blank socket in one of the corners of the orangeterminal block.
    There is only one corner socket that does not have a connector in it.
    This is pin 9.
    2. Place your jumper across the adjacent two pins down from pin 9, which are #6 & #3.

Your dealer should know how to move the jumper wire to #6 & #3 sockets in orange terminal block on a 2010 or 2011 Spyder RT.
    You will then get rid of Air Suspension display. You will also have the rear side bags & rear compartment orange alarm lite on if they are left open.
    Jim

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

For some reason; the RTs will sometimes show the air suspension gauge in the digital display at startup...
    ...And then it switches back to "normal", once it's run for a few seconds...
    You can ignore it; all is well!
    My A&C that I added the ACS to STILL shows it once in a while too...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I have never seen that happen on my 2011 RT-S. Only time the shock pressure gauge shows is when I press the switch.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I just had the cluster replaced and have had a few issues with it . The radio would mute and then not mute , cb would stay on after transmitting , trailer mode would not work. Air ride air compressor would work and then not work so Tech put a new 20amp fuse in for the air ride suspensionair compressor and everything now works..... so far

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    Wanna bet your Suspension switch isn't seated on the plug?
    ...or has moisture in the connection or a stray wire strand. Could also have the jumper in the wrong place and a problem with a rear luggage compartment not latched or a bad switch there or moisture in the switch.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Now; how am I gonna sleep tonight with all of this rolling around in my head??
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Now; how am I gonna sleep tonight with all of this rolling around in my head??
    But there's so much room up there.

Carl
    2012 White RT Limited and 2013 Yellow ST-S Think 3 .i.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderyderjim View Post
    This is pin 9.
    2. Place your jumper across the adjacent two pins down from pin 9, which are #6 & #3.

Your dealer should know how to move the jumper wire to #6 & #3 sockets in orange terminal block on a 2010 or 2011 Spyder RT.
    You will then get rid of Air Suspension display. You will also have the rear side bags & rear compartment orange alarm lite on if they are left open.
    Jim
    I had the same issue on the 2011. The "jumpers" were plugged into the wrong socket. Rattigan Roger explained the fix also. I was able to clean up the situation by myself and am not very mechanically inclined.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderyderjim View Post
    This is pin 9.

Jim
    Thanks Jim, I had a chance to check it out tonight and the jumper was there in the right sockets. The spades were a little black so I cleaned them up and will give it a try. I don't know why it happened after the cluster replacement, just a coincident I guess. Should that be the only jumper on the 2 blocks (white and orange) It the only one on my RT A&C

Bob