Spyder Garage

Default Wanting XM on 2012RTSE Ltd

Just recently bought this in AR. Can with a zumo 660 mounted on the center of the bars. Only audio source missing is XM. The dealer said they can add it but it will be costly. Will the newer zumo 665 with XM mount up and integrate with the audio system without changing the 660 mount? Trying to go the less expensive route.
    Thanks.
    ps. Have sway bar, highway pegs, bump skid and block off plate sitting in boxes, waiting to install! Thank you Spyder Pops and this forum
    Porter

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by porterb123 View Post
    Just recently bought this in AR. Can with a zumo 660 mounted on the center of the bars. Only audio source missing is XM. The dealer said they can add it but it will be costly. Will the newer zumo 665 with XM mount up and integrate with the audio system without changing the 660 mount? Trying to go the less expensive route.
    Thanks.
    ps. Have sway bar, highway pegs, bump skid and block off plate sitting in boxes, waiting to install! Thank you Spyder Pops and this forum
    Porter
    Garmin says no . . . I tried to post a link to their FAQs page on this but it would not work when I tested it. The FAQs says that the 665 will not properly work on the 660 mount and some features such as XM will not function using the 660 mount.
    Last edited by Dan McNally; 08-22-2013 at 12:41 PM.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

There are a couple ways to do this without buying the BRP XM radio and getting the entertainment harness installed (lots of labor to do that).

The easiest way is to run the output of the XM radio to the MP3/iPod connector in the trunk. Of course if you want to also use that connector for an iPod or MP3 player then you need to get more complicated with the BT SM10 setup. But then the XM radio wont play out the speakers only BT headsets.

I have been hoping someone could get the pin out / wiring of the entertainment / CB harness as I know the 2nd plug on the radio as input capability! BRP will not disclose this and niether will Radio Sound (makers of the radio). If we could get that it would open the door to all kinds of DIY connections of things to integrate with the radio.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    There are a couple ways to do this without buying the BRP XM radio and getting the entertainment harness installed (lots of labor to do that).

The easiest way is to run the output of the XM radio to the MP3/iPod connector in the trunk. Of course if you want to also use that connector for an iPod or MP3 player then you need to get more complicated with the BT SM10 setup. But then the XM radio wont play out the speakers only BT headsets.

I have been hoping someone could get the pin out / wiring of the entertainment / CB harness as I know the 2nd plug on the radio as input capability! BRP will not disclose this and niether will Radio Sound (makers of the radio). If we could get that it would open the door to all kinds of DIY connections of things to integrate with the radio.

Bob
    Thanks to all who replied! Do you know if I bought a new Zumo 665 complete with its own mount, whether it would work with my 2012 model or would it need additional entertainment harness wiring? Was the 2012 model available with a 665 or just the 660?
    If I used an aftermarket XM receiver / antenna and hooked up to the aux plug, does anyone make a long output cord that could reach the trunk from the handlebar location?
    Thanks again

Spyder Garage

I bought the Onyx car kit for my bikes.......http://shop.siriusxm.com/xm/ctl10600/cp49759/si6321860/cl1/xm_onyx_ez_with_vehicle_kit and mounted it on my handlebars. I put a power plug in the grill for the speaker so I could plug it in there. I ran my antenna to the top of the mirror and hold it there with velcro. the xm radio goes to a station on my bike's radio that is locally blank.......I hear it perfectly! I have the same set up on my Honda VTX and use the same radio.....can only ride one bike at a time!! total cost is $49 for each bike!!

Spyder Garage

I believe Lamont put a Garmin 665 on his RT. As I recall he had to change the harness. PM him for more detailed info.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by porterb123 View Post
    Thanks.
    Porter
    Yes it will. 660 mount is same as 665 and has the pigtail mini USB connector on the harness. It will be on the harness inside the front tupperware.

Jack

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    I believe Lamont put a Garmin 665 on his RT. As I recall he had to change the harness. PM him for more detailed info.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Yes it will. 660 mount is same as 665 and has the pigtail mini USB connector on the harness. It will be on the harness inside the front tupperware.
    The mount that holds the harness in the handlebar works for both the 660 and 665 Zumo. However, as Scotty says, the harness needs to be replaced in order for the 665's features: Satellite Radio and Weather reports, to work. The harness for the 660 and 665 look exactly the same, but they do not work crossed over (i.e. 660 harness to the 665 GPS unit). Lamont and I went thru this and did not work until the harnesses were switch correctly.
    Last edited by bullant12; 11-27-2013 at 08:23 AM.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

The 665 needs its own mount and wiring harness to get XM.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Default reactivated my Sirius on my zumo 660

But the bike doesn't show it. Dealer install it in 12 for nav but let XM expired. Now I'd like to listen to outlaw country but RTS doesn't show it when I toggle between iPod FM weather and am. How do I get it.to show up? Changed radio from car sub to bike and the.xm doesn't show up. What am I doing wrong?
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Spyder Garage

I do not have the factory XM but did put the SiriusXM Onyx EZ vehicle kit on my RT and it runs through the auxiliary input. The antenna is inside the rear trunk mounted to one of the screws that the back rest has the slot and it works good. Just have to stop to change channels.
    2015 RTS, Corbin armrest, Lamonster Spyderdock outfitted for Garmin mount, Spyder cuff with cup holder, highway pegs, Lidlox, Bumpskid, Swaybar, XM dock

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default CHANGING CHANNELS

Quote Originally Posted by RZ-Jackrabbit View Post
    I do not have the factory XM but did put the SiriusXM Onyx EZ vehicle kit on my RT and it runs through the auxiliary input. The antenna is inside the rear trunk mounted to one of the screws that the back rest has the slot and it works good. Just have to stop to change channels.
    Look at my Albums , I have my XM in the glove box ......works great ............also the Antennae will get better reception if you put it on the rear trunk lip ..... Someone from Sirius suggested I put the Antennae on a piece of sheet metal ( it's magnetic mounted ) to a thin piece of galvanized SH ...... my reception improved ...... Mike