Spyder Garage

Default BajaRon Sway Bar Video

Does anyone have a video of riding/demonstrating a spyder with BajaRon Sway Bar? I'm looking at pros/cons of replacing stock sway bar with BajaRon Sway Bar. Possibly, I need to find a spyder with BajaRon Sway Bar and give it a try. I find my stock sway bar efficiently & effectively handles turns, corners, accelerating, de-accelerating, slab stability, etc. However, my only experience is a stock sway bar.
    Thanx in advance for feedback, jon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

If you find your stock swaybar is adequate, why do you want a replacement?
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Most folks are happy with the OEM bar; until they try Ron's!
    Think of how your bike tries to lean as you put it through a turn ...
    Now imagine what it'd be like without all of the leaning!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Also you can back off on the spring preload for a softer ride with Rons Bar all pluses with so little investment get it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's what I did with mine...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default NO CONS

Quote Originally Posted by figmotoday View Post
    Does anyone have a video of riding/demonstrating a spyder with BajaRon Sway Bar? I'm looking at pros/cons of replacing stock sway bar with BajaRon Sway Bar. Possibly, I need to find a spyder with BajaRon Sway Bar and give it a try. I find my stock sway bar efficiently & effectively handles turns, corners, accelerating, de-accelerating, slab stability, etc. However, my only experience is a stock sway bar.
    As far as I can tell there are no "cons", Only "pros". (Except cost of several hundred dollars). I'm thrilled with my BajaRon bar!!!!(2012 RTS)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think that I might have seen 2 reviews that described the improvement as "minimal"...
    ...And it's impossible to please everybody!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Feel the same...

Thanks for posting this. I feel exactly the same. My stock sway bar is fine in twisties and turns, but I keep hearing about the dramatic improvement when switching to BahaRon bars. I have an ST-L and the sway bars just came out (I believe) so not a lot of data/feedback thus far. It's not an option for me to try the sway bar out before purchasing it, but i'm wondering how much of a gain I will achieve with swapping out my stock 2013 bar for one of BajaRon's. Gotta say that i've heard nothing bu positive about the BajaRon sway bar though. I will be staying tuned for the responses.

Spyder Garage

I felt the same way as you. I read almost everyone's feedback on the BajaRon Sway Bar and decided to jump on the bandwagon 2 weeks ago. I see from your profile that you have a 2012 RS SE5. My ride is a 2010 RS SE5. I am here to tell you that you will see a difference in the way the Spyder handles cornering and turning. After taking my Spyder out for its initial test run with the newly installed bar, I thought to myself "this is how it should have been all along". If you enjoy the feeling you get when taking corners, you will undoubtedly like it even more.
    As far as accelerating and decelerating, I did not notice anything since the purpose of the bar is to reduce body roll during turns/corners. So, it won't affect that. I'm not sure what slab stability is, but if you are referring to sliding or skidding across dry pavement during a turn, the bar will help keep both front tires on the ground.
    Hope this helps with your decision.
    2010 Full Moon Silver RS SE5

Spyder Garage

Thanx to all for the feedback.
    Slab = interstate/multiple lane tollways
    Slab stability is my term for the control when riding @ moderate - fast speeds in heavy 4,5,6,7 lane chicago traffic with gradual-sharp curves.
    I have a blast doing all the leaning needed for various curves and the stock bar works great for drag racing. However, I'm close to getting the BajaRon bar with all positive reports on improved performance; also, gonna check on aftermarket sway bar warrantee issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

I really noticed the difference when I trailered my wife's Spyder. Before we put on Ron's sway bar I could see the bike sway side to side. After we put on the bar and we trailered the bike there was almost no body roll when we hit bumps or pot holes. I can also tell riding behind my wife, especially, when it is really windy out. I know she is super happy with it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Instead of watching it in the mirror; think of how good it is from the seat!

Spyder Garage

Default Sway Bar

Everything positive everybody said about the handling with the new bar is probably correct. I have not tried any aggressive rying yet. Just letting the eyes heal after the surgery. I can say that I noticed a major improvement with the bar when ryding the 2 lane highways around home. The semi's that tend to move you sideways when meeting them is a thing of the past. Have not adjusted the Elka[s but will play with them in the near future. My feeling is go for the bar you won't regret it.

Spyder Garage

Thanx to all for the feedback.
    Slab = interstate/multiple lane tollways
    Slab stability is my term for the control when riding @ moderate - fast speeds in heavy 4,5,6,7 lane chicago traffic with gradual-sharp curves.
    I have a blast doing all the leaning needed for various curves and the stock bar works great for drag racing. However, I'm close to getting the BajaRon bar with all positive reports on improved performance; also, gonna check on aftermarket sway bar warrantee issues.
    In that kind of traffic at freeway speeds what you will like most is the stability against wind gusts and buffeting. Passing a semi becomes quite effortless. You probably will get spoiled fairly quickly, because you won't have to lean into the corners as much. You still can, but the need is not there and you soon get lazy. On a long ride it can sure be less tiring, though...especially two-up in the mountains.
    -Scotty
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Thanx to all for feedback, I'm ordering one.
    This site rocks with all the help & support. The help/feedback reminded me of the saying - "I don't need to know squat, I just need to know WHO to ask."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

I too am thinking about getting one of these, I've seen it is the must-have aftermarket accessory. I've had the Bumpskid for my RSS sitting around for a year waiting for me to get off my bum and install it; I figure maybe I should do both of these at the same time.

Will the sway bar cut down on the engine stuttering at the current speeds I take turns from the VSS kicking in? I would assume if it ensures the wheels are firmly planted, that the VSS won't sense a stability problem and the engine wont be throttled back as much as it is currently?

Current Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2015 Spyder F3-S with Heated Handle Grips, Gauge Spoiler, Fog Lights, 12V port, Akrapovic Exhaust, Driver and Passenger Backrests

Previous Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2012 Spyder RS-S with Can-Am Comfort Seat, Comfort Grips, Rigid Saddle Bags, HID lights, Fog Lghts, 12V Accessory port, Trunk Liner, Hindle exhaust, Flash2Pass, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Side Grilles, Missing Air Dam, Air Management System, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

My wife noticed and said you don't lean into corners anymore. I told her I didn't need to. Still waiting for nanny to come calling I think mine might be sleeping.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    My wife noticed and said you don't lean into corners anymore. I told her I didn't need to. Still waiting for nanny to come calling I think mine might be sleeping.
    You don't need to lean at all? I assumed the spyder would be more stable, but centrifugal force combined with the fact you aren't actually attached to the spyder, you would still want to lean so you don't go flying off.... (your weight is carried straight down into a bike when a bike leans, but on a spider your weight wants to throw you off)

Then again, I have an RS and ride aggressively in the turns, I've never ridden an RT but have heard they handle completely differently...

Current Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2015 Spyder F3-S with Heated Handle Grips, Gauge Spoiler, Fog Lights, 12V port, Akrapovic Exhaust, Driver and Passenger Backrests

Previous Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2012 Spyder RS-S with Can-Am Comfort Seat, Comfort Grips, Rigid Saddle Bags, HID lights, Fog Lghts, 12V Accessory port, Trunk Liner, Hindle exhaust, Flash2Pass, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Side Grilles, Missing Air Dam, Air Management System, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dguisinger View Post
    You don't need to lean at all? I assumed the spyder would be more stable, but centrifugal force combined with the fact you aren't actually attached to the spyder, you would still want to lean so you don't go flying off.... (your weight is carried straight down into a bike when a bike leans, but on a spider your weight wants to throw you off)

Then again, I have an RS and ride aggressively in the turns, I've never ridden an RT but have heard they handle completely differently...
    Very
    few times do I lean anymore unless it is a sharp curve. I put a Utopia back rest on and just lean against it and squeeze my knees if needed. The RT probably handle like a bus compared to yours too.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The GS/RS bikes feel like Mustangs when compared to our Crown Victorias...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    The GS/RS bikes feel like Mustangs when compared to our Crown Victorias...
    Hahaha.... I hope that means they stick around after the ST cannibalized sales.
    Hmm, a mustang? That means they still need a spyder that compares to the RT like a Bugatti Veyron compares to a Crown Vic

Current Spyder:

Previous Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dguisinger View Post
    Will the sway bar cut down on the engine stuttering at the current speeds I take turns from the VSS kicking in? I would assume if it ensures the wheels are firmly planted, that the VSS won't sense a stability problem and the engine wont be throttled back as much as it is currently?
    "Stuttering" in a corner is usually a result of too much throttle, too soon. Hit the apex before you crank on the throttle, and roll it on smoothly. In 90 degree corners straighten the bars before you hammer it.
    -Scotty

Mutant Trikes Forever!