Thread: Accident

Hybrid View

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by greenlaps View Post
    So, I am a girl and always leave it in neutral with the parking brake on, with semi-auto. But I live in the mtn's so I don't get off and leave it running much....I'm chicken. So what is the safest thing to do if you need to leave it running. I travel alone a lot.
    Put in neutral and activate parking brake -- and keep an eye on it so you can get to it in case of a brake failure.

I sometimes have to do this to shut or open my garage door.

It is not wise to leave a vehicle "in gear" while running and getting off of it. Trust that Murphy's Law can and will eventually happen if you allow it to occur.
    Last edited by Illinois Boy; 08-18-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Spyder Garage

What I'm hearing here is that some passengers have no clue about how the Spyder works. Not even the basics. Through no fault of their own, they end up doing not so bright things. Like thinking the throttle is a grab bar.

Take the time to teach your passenger how to ride a Spyder. At least the basics. They might enjoy riding behind you (know alot who do), but what if something happens on the road and you can't drive. Your passenger will have the skills to take over and get y'all somewhere safe.

Just something to think on...
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.