Thread: Hello Folks...

Spyder Garage

Default Hello Folks...

I didnt see A spot for New Members so hope this is ok here. I recently bought a 08 GS and for the most part love it. I got my license on a Tuesday and the Thursday jumped on board a long trip with 7... 2 wheeled buddies and clocked on 2600KM(1600mILES) in 5 days and during and especially after realized I need too change some things!! Way too hard on my bum and legs being in that position for a long haul. Since then bought the BRP Comfort seat (like it way better) floor boards/shifter Phoneix Products (can keep feet little more forward) and have a set of Hiway Brackets/Pegs coming from ECI Cycle Products (Im sure these will be awesome once on (dont have them yet). But been looking and reading Forums there is talk of HELI Risers and must say they look alot better than the ESI ones have been thinking about. They are more $$ but if completes my SPYDER and makes it easier too ride short and long distance $$ well spent Id say. Is there some good opinions on these different products out there. I must say joined another Forum right after trip and didnt appreciate the resposes I got. Was told shoulda done my home work and bought a hiway cruizer!! Like seriously, here to get help and info not sarcasim. Just by going thru past posts thinking Im on the right forum now for info. The SPYDER I bought has a Custom Paint Job with a Airbrushed Spider on hood hope I can get Pic too upload. Hope this Forum Is what Im thinking it is. I have a 1971 DUSTER 340 and Forum I used too be on till it went away was killer and got lots of good Info and where to buy parts. Im In Canada and sometimes its way cheaper to buy from U.S and sometimes not, and noticed some things will not be shipped too Canada. But any members that have upgraded the handle bars please comment... Trying too upload few pics of my Ride......Doug

Spyder Garage

congrats on the purchase and welcome aboard!!! many safe and enjoyable rides on your ! congrats on post # 1!

Spyder Garage

Welcome, you have come to the right place, lots of great knowledgeable people here.
    If you ryde like there's no tomorrow, there won't be any
    Accidents hurt - safety doesn't

Spyder Garage

on your recent purchase.

RE: Handlebars I had 3" risers installed on my 2008. It made a big difference for me as far as seating position. Others will answer more of your questions.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default New Member

Welcome to our little corner of the internet. Bob has all the answers!

Spyder Garage

-Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Welcome!

Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad 7.5 using Tapatalk HD

Spyder Garage

Default Congrats on your new Spyder!

Happy Former-Spyder owner!
    2008 SM5 PE# 3518 / Intense Blue Pearl (sold 2014)

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome..!! Welcome..!!

You found the right place. We have answers, suggestions, pictures, complaints, humor, stories, sponsors selling everything spyder,etc. If you don't find your answers here we are falling down on the job or there is no answer. Look forward to the pictures of your roadster...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default Woo Hoo!

Welcome and Congrats!
    2010 Full Moon Silver RS SE5

Spyder Garage

on your ryde,if you look at my signature you will see the mods I add to make my RS suite me,hope you find what works for you
    2015 RT White,Tj's Dash mount,Rivco's Duel Flag Holder,SealsFloorBoards(Pups),Custom Dynamics fender lights(R/W)Bajaron's Swaybar & links,Lamonster's LED headlights,lidlox.Wiredux A-arm driving lights(upper&lower)FOBO TPMS system,Spyerpops lighted bumpskid,Foom handgrips.
    tobor9@me.com

Spyder Garage

i got the esi ones you talked about and was very happy with them and the price was right.im trying to go to a rt right now ,i spent a lot trying to get my rs compey,but never good enough so ill try an rt and see how that gos.welcom to the best form on spyders you will ever find.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Welcome, check out the sponsors.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

. and on your .

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mooneych View Post
    No I don't!
    I just make more noise than most!
    Congratulations on your newest pride and joy; now let's see some pictures of it!
    Oh! Scotty has all of the answers...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Welcome aboard & on your new SpYder!

You have joined THE BEST Spyder forum on the net! You will find information, "how-to's" & stuff you didn't even know you MUST have until you read about it.

The search function is a great way to get answers!

Enjoy your new
    , make the mods (farkles) that make you happy and comfy!

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Congrats on the Spyder...sounds like you are having a good time

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Right on thanks Folks, can tell I found the forum too be on. Ill try again too upload a few pics tried yesterday with no luck...DOUG

Spyder Garage

Welcome........................and I know you're enjoying the new ride!

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Spyder Garage

If I wanna include a pic of my Spyder at the bottom of a post where on the settings is that? Hope this pic works ....Ahh chit its up side down :-(
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mooneych View Post
    Welcome, and enjoy the heck out of your Spyder. As for answers, if Bob doesn't know, Scotty does . . . if Scotty doesn't, Lamonster someone does! If the three of them don't know . . . there is no answer!

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by CANUCK SPYDER View Post
    I didnt see A spot for New Members so hope this is ok here.I recently bought a 08 GS and for the most part love it. I got my license on a Tuesday and the Thursday jumped on board a long trip with 7... 2 wheeled buddies and clocked on 2600KM(1600mILES) in 5 days and during and especially after realized I need too change some things!! Way too hard on my bum and legs being in that position for a long haul. Since then bought the BRP Comfort seat (like it way better) floor boards/shifter Phoneix Products (can keep feet little more forward) and have a set of Hiway Brackets/Pegs coming from ECI Cycle Products (Im sure these will be awesome once on (dont have them yet). But been looking and reading Forums there is talk of HELI Risers and must say they look alot better than the ESI ones have been thinking about. They are more $$ but if completes my SPYDER and makes it easier too ride short and long distance $$ well spent Id say. Is there some good opinions on these different products out there. I must say joined another Forum right after trip and didnt appreciate the resposes I got. Was told shoulda done my home work and bought a hiway cruizer!! Like seriously, here to get help and info not sarcasim. Just by going thru past posts thinking Im on the right forum now for info. The SPYDER I bought has a Custom Paint Job with a Airbrushed Spider on hood hope I can get Pic too upload. Hope this Forum Is what Im thinking it is. I have a 1971 DUSTER 340 and Forum I used too be on till it went away was killer and got lots of good Info and where to buy parts. Im In Canada and sometimes its way cheaper to buy from U.S and sometimes not, and noticed some things will not be shipped too Canada. But any members that have upgraded the handle bars please comment... Trying too upload few pics of my Ride......Doug
    Personally, I joined this forum after following it as a non-member for a while because I found the members here to be knowledgeable and willing to share...two things I sorely needed as a brand New ST owner. You are in the right place, my friend. Welcome aboard...