Invalid Emails
    Iron Horse Guest Ranch, Plantersville, TX
    Spyder Garage

Default Automatic suspension adjustment - "Manual" warning

My RT-S (2012) is ridding rough in the back end. I get a "Manual" warning when I try to use the automatic suspension adjustment. Anyone seen this? How do I manually adjust rear suspension?

Spyder Garage

You have to use the schrader valve under the seat. Can you tell if the compressor is working? The engine has to be running, the transmission in gear for the compressor to work. Use an air gauge to check the air pressure at the schrader valve.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Your ACS sensor is out of limits or the ACS link is disconnected. Check the link first, on the left side of the swingarm. If the link is intact, the button should still work if the solenoid or compressor has not failed...just hit it again once the bars and "MANUAL" warning are displayed. If you recently had a cluster replacement or your Spyder is new, the problem is in the factory setup of the sensor limits. Your dealer can recalibrate the sensor. If the release solenoid has failed, you will need to release some air manually and disco nnect the compressor. Check the air pressure at tghe Schrader valve under the seat, and release some pressure if it is 80-100 pounds. If it raises up again after you start the Spyder, release the parking brake, and put it in gear, your solenoid has probably failed.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default Manual warning

Just took my 2012 rt back to the dealer last week to fix the same issue. When I consulted the green manual it indicates that this is a fault code. Noticed that I was not hearing the air readjust like I normally did. Turns out I had a relay issue, replaced and working fine now.

2012 rts blue
    BajaRons sway bar
    Utopia seat rest
    Sealboards
    baker air wings
    Custom dynamic brake flasher
    tricled underground halo kit
    Sheepskin seat covers
    led mirror turn signals
    tricled brake ring
    custom dyno high brake bar

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Your ACS sensor is out of limits or the ACS link is disconnected. Check the link first, on the left side of the swingarm. If the link is intact, the button should still work if the solenoid or compressor has not failed...just hit it again once the bars and "MANUAL" warning are displayed. If you recently had a cluster replacement or your Spyder is new, the problem is in the factory setup of the sensor limits. Your dealer can recalibrate the sensor. If the release solenoid has failed, you will need to release some air manually and disco nnect the compressor. Check the air pressure at tghe Schrader valve under the seat, and release some pressure if it is 80-100 pounds. If it raises up again after you start the Spyder, release the parking brake, and put it in gear, your solenoid has probably failed.
    Scotty, I don't have a manual yet. Is there a pic or drawing where this sensor is and the button to test it?

Thanks,
    Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Scotty, I don't have a manual yet. Is there a pic or drawing where this sensor is and the button to test it?

Thanks,
    Bob
    The button resides on the switch panel of the Spyders with automatic (electric) suspension control. It is the one you use to adjust the suspension. The lower models don't have that or the ACS sensor. The sensor and link are right above the front part of the swingarm on the left side. You can't miss them.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default you blown

Quote Originally Posted by vicw1025 View Post
    My RT-S (2012) is ridding rough in the back end. I get a "Manual" warning when I try to use the automatic suspension adjustment. Anyone seen this? How do I manually adjust rear suspension?
    it's happen when I take my wife on bump road. it's the 20 amp fuse blown. if you look there few things not working like horn, heater grips and fog lights...

Spyder Garage

Default Manual warning on suspension adjustment

On my first ride of my 2015 RT-S SSeries the Manual warning indicator appears when trying to adjust the rear suspension. I hear the compressor but the suspension doesn't adjust. I checked the schrader valve pressure and it was over 90psi, so I reduced it to 70 psi and Manual still appears. I guess from what I'm reading I need a sensor recalibration and check the ACS link. Is there anything else I can try?

Spyder Garage

If you get that "manual" message, and you don't hear the pump working, it could also mean that you had a leak in either the bag or one of the lines, which overworked the pump and wore it out. That's what happened to me. I needed to replace the bag, an airline, and the pump. Thankfully all were under warranty.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

The OP probably has the problem solved. The OP dates back to 2013, so is a bit out of date.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    The OP probably has the problem solved. The OP dates back to 2013, so is a bit out of date.
    Yep, this happens often. A new member will revive a years-old thread, and then someone (this time me ), sees it without looking at the date and thinks, "Hey, that just happened to me, too".

That said, the thread may be old, but unfortunately the problem is not. It's all too common on the RTL's, even today.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    Yep, this happens often. A new member will revive a years-old thread, and then someone (this time me ), sees it without looking at the date and thinks, "Hey, that just happened to me, too".

That said, the thread may be old, but unfortunately the problem is not. It's all too common on the RTL's, even today.
    Welcome to the been there, done that, I have the t-shirt club. Which one of us will be first--the next time?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Cool Many Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by yanksskins View Post
    it's happen when I take my wife on bump road. it's the 20 amp fuse blown. if you look there few things not working like horn, heater grips and fog lights...
    What a coincidence! Very bumpy road + passenger. Thought the compressor or airbag had failed. Saw your post and checked 20A fuse. Sure enough, it was blown!
    Replaced and system working just fine. Saved a (long) trip to the dealer.
    Again, many thanks!
    2023 900 Sport , Nitro Blue

Spyder Garage

Another Thanks on the pile. Fixed my "why would the horn and fog lights quit working at the same time" moment.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020