Spyder Garage

Default Hindle exhaust mount ?

Hey everyone, Love my Hindle! But when I attached it I did put high temp silicone between the pipes which most oozed out due to the tight fit of the two pipes then I put a bead around the outside. Ran it for a while per the directions. I noticed after a couple weeks that the bead I put around has fallen off and I have a slight air leak. Should I reapply? Should I have notched the Hindle pipe so the clamp actually squeezed more for a better seal? What do the experts think?
    thanks
    rich

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rworell View Post
    Hey everyone, Love my Hindle! But when I attached it I did put high temp silicone between the pipes which most oozed out due to the tight fit of the two pipes then I put a bead around the outside. Ran it for a while per the directions. I noticed after a couple weeks that the bead I put around has fallen off and I have a slight air leak. Should I reapply? Should I have notched the Hindle pipe so the clamp actually squeezed more for a better seal? What do the experts think?
    thanks
    rich
    I have notched mine, so the clamp finally does its right job.
    That was so long ago that I cannot remember if I put some sort of gasket or sealant in the joint.
    It does backfire from time to time, but I got used to it...
    Hope this helps.
    "Limitations only exist in the mind..."