Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Question State inspection sticker location?

The inspector at my local state inspection station didn't have a clue, either. Where do people stick these things on the Spyder?

ps. I've read of problems using a license plate extension for the state sticker, that it may cause the license plate to break off... not cool that. Mine's sticker is in the frunk in a plastic bag with insurance card and other paperwork right now for lack of any better ideas.

- Michael

Spyder Garage

Default Hard to say..!!

Don't know which spyder you have..not listed in profile or signature/avatar...on the RS/RSS you could place it on top of the tag light/reflector. When I lived in Texas they had a back plate with the extension which did not affect the plate. I have not paid attention to the RT, ST rear section. Others will chime in soon..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

It's a 2012 RS SE5 model. I need to take pics and fill out profile better... I've only had it for 2 weeks so far. So much to do it seems....

- Michael

Spyder Garage

My dealer put it on the left front shock. I believe that in NY it goes on the left fork of a motorcycle. Kind of makes sense then to but it on the shock.

2016 F3 Limited Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Texas requires the inspection sticker to be below the license plate on the extension. I have had my spyder for a year now, and have had no issue with the holder cracking/breaking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2012 RT Limited
    SpiderWrap Graphics
    KewlMetal DualKewl FenderZ Running Lights
    TricLED Dual Running & Brake Lights
    Seal Floorboards
    Bajaron Anti-Sway Bar
    Utopia Backrest
    Diamond R Luggage Rack
    SpyderPops Upper Blockoff
    SpyderPops Catalytic Converter Shield

Spyder Garage

Unhappy

On what extension?

- Michael

Spyder Garage

Heck I need to just go over to Conroe's Powersports dealership and see what they can recommend.

I bought this roadster from private owners over in Louisianna, I guess that state doesn't do state inspection's as there's no sign of a LA state inspection sticker anywhere on the machine.

- Michael

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default RT

Here in PA the dealer put it on the stock shock absorber. That's fine. When I switched to Elka's, that didn't work. Next inspection the dealer wanted to put it somewhere really obvious and ugly since the shock was not a possibility. I didn't like his choices at all. I suggested the lower suspension a-arm covers (flat black slightly textured plastic). The dealer didn't think it would stick but I felt it worth a try and if I lost it, then I'd take my chances. It's been on there about 6,000 miles now thru all kinds of rain and it's just great. Not obvious and ugly but visible if anyone wants to see it. Next inspection we'll see how hard it is to get off.

RT and Gold Wing States & Provinces

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Michael211_2000 View Post
    Heck I need to just go over to Conroe's Powersports dealership and see what they can recommend.

I bought this roadster from private owners over in Louisianna, I guess that state doesn't do state inspection's as there's no sign of a LA state inspection sticker anywhere on the machine.

- Michael

They should have the plate holder that comes with the extension. I don't see how it could affect the plate or anything else for that matter, it is all one piece.

Spyder Garage

Post Instection Sticker

My dealer had it inspection when I bought it and the sticker was on the frame below the passenger foot pegs (floorboard). I have had it inspected two times since and the inspection station puts it in the same place. It can be seen from the left side of the RT. That seems much better than the shock to me

When all is said and done......well it must be time to ride~
    2 Stricklands, Steve & Barb
    2011 RT AC, SE5
    Trailer for Travel and/or Golf Clubs
    Power outlet up Front
    Floorboards
    Voltmeter replacing old gas gauge
    Oil Pressure gauge replacing old temp gauge
    Turn Signals on mirrors

]

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

When I bought my RT in AZ, that state did not have inspection stickers. But when moved to TX and got TX license, asked local dealer to put on extension plate holder and the sticker went on that. So far have had no troubles with it

Spyder Garage

I put mine here: Inspection sticker.jpg

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

just found out Sunday that the metal plate that the inspection sticker was on broke off somewhere during my 5800 miles on the spyder. Never even thought about it until a fellow Spyderlover asked me if I had any problems with the "plate" breaking. I said no, then he pointed out to me that it was gone ...my license plate is still there but I noticed it is kind of bent a little so I may need to find screws for the bottom of it. I am not sure where I will put the inspection sticker now.

Grady Brown III
    President & Founder
    For The Love of Laila...and your baby too
    www.ftllm712.com
    Check out the Events page at www.ftllm712.com for upcoming events

We are Riding to save lives!!!

Facebook

Twitter

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Laila's Dad View Post
    just found out Sunday that the metal plate that the inspection sticker was on broke off somewhere during my 5800 miles on the spyder. Never even thought about it until a fellow Spyderlover asked me if I had any problems with the "plate" breaking. I said no, then he pointed out to me that it was gone ...my license plate is still there but I noticed it is kind of bent a little so I may need to find screws for the bottom of it. I am not sure where I will put the inspection sticker now.
    Try this.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21376354274.221025.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21376354296.233492.jpg
    Shooter
    972-467-8077

Spyder Garage

Default Here's what you do..!!

place it here and it will be in back just not below the plate...20130812_175443.jpg On RS anyway..!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I live in Texas and since May of 2010.... 65,000 something miles....have been using the attachment below plate and have had to replace attachment 4 times.....license plate replaced 5 time...because it always breaks or snaps off....this time when I saw the plate was cracked...I pulled off the attachment with inspection sticker still on and through it in the frunk.....I'll put it on when stick needs replacing

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    I live in Texas and since May of 2010.... 65,000 something miles....have been using the attachment below plate and have had to replace attachment 4 times.....license plate replaced 5 time...because it always breaks or snaps off....this time when I saw the plate was cracked...I pulled off the attachment with inspection sticker still on and through it in the frunk.....I'll put it on when stick needs replacing
    Same thing happened with my wife's. I now put the sticker on the tail under the passenger backrest.
    Ryde Safe!

"There are two things you can never get back. A word after it is said and time after it is gone."

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Broken Inspection Bracket

I just got my Spyder RSS E5 about 2 weeks ago and after only 150 miles, the bracket broke completely broke off from the vibration. My inspection was lost. The dealers response was that it had never happened before and said sorry. You'll have to purchase a new sticker.
    I am 64 and been riding since the age of 16. It never happened before. Has anyone else had this happen? Byron
    Last edited by byron64; 08-15-2013 at 09:30 PM. Reason: added model

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by byron64 View Post
    I just got my Spyder about 2 weeks ago and after only 150 miles, the bracket broke completely broke off from the vibration. My inspection was lost. The dealers response was that it had never happened before and said sorry. You'll have to purchase a new sticker.
    I am 64 and been riding since the age of 16. It never happened before. Has anyone else had this happen? Byron
    And fellow Texan! This has happened to quite a few of us...

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    +1 - I keep mine in the frunk too.
    Last edited by Yazz; 08-14-2013 at 05:01 PM.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for chiming-in ya'll... I'm going to go ahead and put this sticker on top of the stop-light housing. Looks good enough to me, and more than close enough to what the law requires given that the vehicle manufacturer didn't provide a specific mounting plate for the vehicle inspection sticker.

Thanks all!

- Michael

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default location

put the sticker on swing arm on left side if lookin at the back of the as long as it visible safe place

Spyder Garage

Here in Texas it is required to be on a mount just below the license plate...dealer should have monted it with the plate holder...vehicle had to have been inspected before sale.
    2017 F3T , silver

Spyder Garage

Just so it can be seen easily, and you won't get pulled over.
    2017 F3T , silver

Spyder Garage

Obviously, there is a problem with that add-on sticker mount though! And *I* didn't buy this RS from a Dealer I bought if from a private seller NOT in Texas.

The Spyder doesn't come from the manufacturer with a specific mount location for the inspection sticker, and add-on mounts appear to have problems as have been detailed here by other posters already. Hello!

ps. The sticker I have doesn't appear to fit on top of the brake light housing, I checked... it's larger than the top of the brake light housing. So in the plastic baggie in the frunk it remains for now. (sigh!)

- Michael

Quote Originally Posted by wolphspyder View Post
    Here in Texas it is required to be on a mount just below the license plate...dealer should have monted it with the plate holder...vehicle had to have been inspected before sale.

Spyder Garage

Default pic of mine

i am from Austin tx and the dealer installed the extension
    Rick11Flor practicing for retirement. Everyday is a new day and I try to live it to the max.
    We (DW and I) travel to distant lands three or more months per year now looking for a Outlaw to take the Spyder along.