Spyder Garage

Default Any place in Alabama to service spyders that doesn't take months?

I'm located in Prattville Alabama and the closest shop is in Birmingham and an hour or so away and a wait of about 3 weeks minimum for any service or repair. Is there a shop anyone knows of that could service or repair these bikes without such a crazy wait time? I don't like the idea of dropping my bike of for that long. Or I could drive 2 plus hours to Georgia and have a week minimum. Anybody else having to deal with this?
    09 GS SE5

20130727_151339 by Kebie05, on Flickr

Spyder Garage

You are pretty far north for the place I use, Gulf Shores Power Sports on Hwy 59, in Gulf Shores, Al. They are 50 miles from me but I make the trip as I don't trust the place that is in Pensacola.
    2014 RT S SE-6 Cognac, 2014 Indian Chieftain. Retired Navy Chief

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

There's a place in Cullman

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcoulter19 View Post
    There's a place in Cullman
    Is the shop in Cullman pretty good to deal with? Do they have a reasonable time frame for getting the bike in and out?
    09 GS SE5

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Big #1 in B-ham is pretty good at turning
    Spyders around

Spyder Garage

Come to Florida for a vacation. Central Florida Powersports in Kissimmee will give you a loaner while they maintain your Spyder and have you in and out the same day without you missing any riding time.. Of course their having three Spyder techs puts them up a bit on most dealers
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BikerDoc View Post
    Come to Florida for a vacation. Central Florida Powersports in Kissimmee will give you a loaner while they maintain your Spyder and have you in and out the same day without you missing any riding time.. Of course their having three Spyder techs puts them up a bit on most dealers
    Must be nice...
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpydeRider2010 View Post
    Big #1 in B-ham is pretty good at turning
    Spyders around
    They are the ones with the longest wait that I mentioned.
    09 GS SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BikerDoc View Post
    Now that sounds like my kinda place and knows how to take care of the customer.
    09 GS SE5

Spyder Garage

Default Cullman power sports

Kebie,

In reference to Cullman. I take my spyder to them for all the services. Most of the time, my services took only a couple of days to get finished. Have not done the brake fluid or coolant replace yet. Next service will be the big one and might take a week to finish.

So, it all depends on what you want done to your spyder, call them us, set up an appointment to drop your spyder off. Usually they'll let you know what needs done and when you can expect to get your spyder back.

Also, Mike is their top notch BRP trained technician that will be doing the work on your spyder. Small shop compared to Big #1, so don't be alarmed, they do great work as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by Peacemaker7; 08-12-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemaker7 View Post
    Kebie,

In reference to Cullman. I take my spyder to them for all the services. Most of the time, my services took only a couple of days to get finished. Have not done the brake fluid or coolant replace yet. Next service will be the big one and might take a week to finish.

So, it all depends on what you want done to your spyder, call them us, set up an appointment to drop your spyder off. Usually they'll let you know what needs done and when you can expect to get your spyder back.

Also, Mike is their top notch BRP trained technician that will be doing the work on your spyder. Small shop compared to Big #1, so don't be alarmed, they do great work as far as I'm concerned.
    What is the name of the shop in Cullman? Thanks
    09 GS SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KEBIE View Post
    What is the name of the shop in Cullman? Thanks

Kebie,

The name is "The Sports Center". Their phone number is 256-734-7636.

Spyder Garage

Three week wait time for any service or repairs?

It must be nice to have so much business that they can throw customer service out the door.

What happens if you are driving cross country and have a break down in their area?

This one sounds like a dealer that I would give a wide distance to.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Three week wait time for any service or repairs?

It must be nice to have so much business that they can throw customer service out the door.

What happens if you are driving cross country and have a break down in their area?

This one sounds like a dealer that I would give a wide distance to.
    That was 3 weeks "minimum".... he said it really looked more like 5 weeks. My thought is what if your spyder was your main source of transportation? You would be screwed waiting that long.
    09 GS SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemaker7 View Post
    Kebie,

The name is "The Sports Center". Their phone number is 256-734-7636.
    Thanks Man, I appreciate the info.
    09 GS SE5

Spyder Garage

Default Platinum dealer, Extreme Propulsion in Cartersville Ga

I have had all my service on 2 RTs done at Extreme Propulsion in Cartersville, just north of Atlanta, since 2010 even though I drive 65 miles to get there.
    The only time I have had to leave the bike at all was if parts were needed from BRP. They always had the bike ready when promised any time I left it.
    Several times they have done my service (oil changes, replace tires, etc) while I waited there.

They service Can-Am products only, and I believe are the only BRP Platinum dealer in the area. You can reach them at 770-386-9430.
    They are definitely the most responsive dealer I have dealt with anywhere!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Halls in Mobile is great on service, but I bought it there....where did you get yours at?

Spyder Garage

I bought mine used from an individual.
    09 GS SE5

Spyder Garage

Is the shop in Cullman pretty good to deal with? Do they have a reasonable time frame for getting the bike in and out?
    Cullman is where I take my Spyder for service. I also purchased my Spyder from them. They usually have about a one week turn around.

Spyder Garage

Default service and turn around time

EXTREME POWER SPORTS IS GOOD IN COLUMBUS GA AND A EASY RIDE OVER.
    WHAT TYPE OF SERVICE ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cruizr View Post
    EXTREME POWER SPORTS IS GOOD IN COLUMBUS GA AND A EASY RIDE OVER.
    WHAT TYPE OF SERVICE ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
    Pretty much any service. I'm not due right now, just trying to get places in mind for when the time comes.
    09 GS SE5

Spyder Garage

Default service

if your just looking for basic service (oil change tire replace )

order what you need on line and do your self its fairly easy to change the oil and you learn more about your bike that way

tires i go to discount tires order the rubber take the wheels off the bike take them in they swap them and balance then i re install them with out a $80 and hour labor fee

save the dealer woes for things you cant do easy

and yes here in texas the dealers are working in reverse take forever to get anything done

Spyder Garage

Hamilton AL dealer took care of my warrantee tire replacement while I waited.
    3:16

Spyder Garage

Default Service in GA

I'm located in Prattville Alabama and the closest shop is in Birmingham and an hour or so away and a wait of about 3 weeks minimum for any service or repair. Is there a shop anyone knows of that could service or repair these bikes without such a crazy wait time? I don't like the idea of dropping my bike of for that long. Or I could drive 2 plus hours to Georgia and have a week minimum. Anybody else having to deal with this?
    I am sorry to hear about your difficulty in getting your Spyder serviced in AL. I suggest that you call Mountain Motorsports in Marietta, GA and set up an appointment with them. They will stick to the appointment time and depending upon the nature of the service, get it done quickly. Even if you have to spend the night, it will be better than waiting weeks. They offer superb service. Feel free to PM me for more details. I am not affiliated with them, just a happy customer.
    2016 Freewheeler

2014 Spyder RT-L Pearl White (SOLD)

Akrapovic Silencer, BajaRon Sway Bar/Links, BRP 23" Vented Windshield, BRP Adjustable Wind Deflector,
    BRP Heated Seat/Backrest, BRP Sirius, BRP Bluetooth Dongle, BRP Tri Axis Handlebars w/GPS,
    CD Brake Light Modulator, CD Short Antenna, Elka 1+r Shocks, ISCI Brake, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Cat Bypass, SP Bumpskid, SP Kott Grills, SP Belt Guard