Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People Suck!

Spyder Garage

Default People Suck!

Got my garage broke into last night, they didn't take anything but they tried to pry open the trunk on my Spyder. Broke up the plastic and the key tumbler. They didn't get in but after I opened it now it won't latch closed. So now it's off to the shop to see how long and how much for that repair.
    I hope you all have a better day then mine has started out to be.

Spyder Garage

Sheesh.... that does suck!
    I know it's not likely but I hope the police find them and if not I hope Spyder karma gets them!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

We have had a record amount of burglary's and other assorted crime this year. Hopefully Spokane gets more cops. Cann't believe I just said that but they are needed. Good luck with insurance and getting bad guys.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear about the break- in, Coulda been worst i guess? But it still doesn't make you feel any less violated. I never lock the top box and the trunk on my Tri-Glide, I figure if the bad guy wants to steal whats in there the'll do more damage in dollars then whats inside..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    Sorry to hear about the break- in, Coulda been worst i guess? But it still doesn't make you feel any less violated. I never lock the top box and the trunk on my Tri-Glide, I figure if the bad guy wants to steal whats in there the'll do more damage in dollars then whats inside..
    Yeah that might be plan from now on.

Spyder Garage

So sorry to hear about your break in. I, like the others hope Spyder karma gets them, then they can sit in Jail and think to themselves "My life sucks, I wonder why".. We have so many crack heads up here I have to put mine in basement/garage every night or they will steal the tires for drugs.. Good luck on getting it back in shape...
    2013 RT-S se5, C/D HMT third tail light( r/b/t), Ram Cup holder, TRICLED front fender LED's (r/t), C/D Bright sides (r/t), Bajaron sway bar and metal heim links, TRICLED mirror turn signal LED's, ISCI tall dual flag holder, BackOff LED license plate frame, "Rufus" (stuffed 20" Bulldog) real one wants nothing to do with bike. Honel tri bag for dash, recordingguy25's (SL handle) custom mud flap ( didn't want plain old square cut mud flap. Spyderpops critter gitter. Gremlin Bell

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool People suck

Your so right. Scumbags don't want to work but would rather destroy something that we worked our butts off for. Look at it on the positive side they only busted up the trunk lid at least they did not totally bust it all up or steal it entirely....

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rpatsh View Post
    Got my garage broke into last night, they didn't take anything but they tried to pry open the trunk on my Spyder. Broke up the plastic and the key tumbler. They didn't get in but after I opened it now it won't latch closed. So now it's off to the shop to see how long and how much for that repair.
    I hope you all have a better day then mine has started out to be.
    I have alarm system that cost less than $100.00 and makes a lot of noise. This way if anyone messes with it will wake me.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGA View Post
    I have alarm system that cost less than $100.00 and makes a lot of noise. This way if anyone messes with it will wake me.

Mike
    Our garage is attached and our very nervous dog sleeps in the house, about 20 feet from the door to the garage. The house has a monitored alarm . . . and I have a concealed carry permit . . . and use it. There are just too many POS running around, now-a-days.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear about your break in! I just finished building a garage (Spyder was in the basement before) and I have put bars on the windows, double cylinder deadbolt on the door, 2 pad locks on the garage door, cameras all around and have the alarm installer coming next week to hook the garage up to the monitored system! Sucks having to do all this, but I live in cottage country and burglaries are rampant here! Hope you get it all straightened out. Wish people would just respect other people's stuff.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGA View Post

Mike
    What type of alarm do you have?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Oh Man...sorry to hear about the break-in ! Unfortunately I'm sure they'll never catch who did it. Hope insurance is kind to you.
    I've lived in my neighborhood for 28 years and never a break-in or theft in the general area that I'm aware of...that is until last week when someone walked into the shed in my back yard and stole a leaf blower and a brand new lawn trimmer.

Never locked the shed before.....I've learned my lesson now and I'm locking the shed and looking for an alarm system for the house, and something for the shed.

Spyder Garage

Default ARMED

ARMED MEN, ARE FREE MEN.....

get my drift...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post

get my drift...
    Not all of 'em...some that were armed are now in prison...hardly free. As Otter would say.............

Just sayin'..............
    Last edited by SpyRyd; 08-08-2013 at 03:50 PM.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Too bad they did get it open to expose your truck monkey!!! Rat bassturds!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Told ya to keep a leopard in there! Sorry to hear you got "violated"; happened to me years ago and it definitely sucks! Good luck on repairs/replacement!

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyRyd View Post
    Not all of 'em...some that were armed are now in prison...hardly free. As Otter would say.............

Just sayin'..............
    "I would rather be judged by 12 good men, then carried by six' It is a quote, but I do not remembe by who.
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry to what happened. Alarms, cameras, lights, dogs, and out of sight out of mind are my tools to prevent crimes.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

Default Hubby's antenna

Hubby came out of a meeting yesterday to find that his antenna was gone right off his 2013ST. What a bummer!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KatLen0405 View Post
    Hubby came out of a meeting yesterday to find that his antenna was gone right off his 2013ST. What a bummer!!
    People have no respect!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmanzues View Post
    "I would rather be judged by 12 good men, then carried by six' It is a quote, but I do not remembe by who.
    Oldmanzues

I surmise there are more than a few armed "good men" who have been carried by six!
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default People

Sounds like someone knew you had a Spyder in your garage. Probably that HD guy that lives down the street, he is just jealous he doesn't have a Spyder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post

get my drift...
    2013 RT-S se5, C/D HMT third tail light( r/b/t), Ram Cup holder, TRICLED front fender LED's (r/t), C/D Bright sides (r/t), Bajaron sway bar and metal heim links, TRICLED mirror turn signal LED's, ISCI tall dual flag holder, BackOff LED license plate frame, "Rufus" (stuffed 20" Bulldog) real one wants nothing to do with bike. Honel tri bag for dash, recordingguy25's (SL handle) custom mud flap ( didn't want plain old square cut mud flap. Spyderpops critter gitter. Gremlin Bell