Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I purchased this seat shade cover from http://www.spydersisters.com/Pockets.html and its great - cost $29.99 and they do their selling on eBay. It keeps your seat from getting hot on sunny days when the Spyder is parked in the open, and it does a great job of deterring folks from sitting on it. After reading this thread, I went out to the garage and timed myself, putting it on . . . in 30 seconds, I opened the back trunk, took out the cover, locked the trunk, and put the cover on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks! I was wondering how long it took to nail it in place!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    I am getting a proximity alarm for mine.

I have read far to many stories like this AND a local guy I met here in Cali had it happen to him as well.
    I was in a store and walked out to see 3 people looking at mine and right about that instant, I could tell one guy was about to sit on it but when he saw me with my helmet, he stopped. So it was about to happen to me too.

So I think it is more common than a 2 wheeler!

Bob
    I installed the Scorpio Rsi900 with proximity sensor... love it.. works great.. easy and fast to install on a Rt. The stranger butt tracks have stopped and it makes me smile to see the overly curious people jump back away when the alarm trips. I had problems at Best Buy too lol Canadian Tire.. the airport.... meeting people ON my Spyder..Grrrrr

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DR Buck View Post
    I have the Gorilla 8017 alarm with two way pager.

This alarm stops theft four different ways:

• LED warning light indicates that your alarm is armed providing a visual deterrent against theft
    • Motion tilt sensor - Not used with Spyder
    • Current drain sensor stops hotwiring by activating the alarm when there is a current drop in the motorcycles electrical system
    • 2-Stage shock sensor activates the alarm upon any impact to the motorcycle. Set the sensitivity to any of the 7 levels depending on the surroundings - I keep this at a mid setting to keep casual passers by from triggering it. If someone yanks on the handel-bars, one of the luggage doors or sits on it, the 120 DB alarm sends them to change their underwear.

When the alarm goes off I get a page and can come running. It was worth every $ I payed for it.
    that sounds like the ticket however if you don't mind me asking, how much did they run?

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    that sounds like the ticket however if you don't mind me asking, how much did they run?

http://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Automo.../dp/B003QJF12O
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Fin View Post
    Normally I leave the cover on my Spyder here at the resort on the weekends when we have the large crowds here, but I had plans to ride more on Sunday and had the cover off. I saw a group of people around my Spyder so decided to investigate. There was a guy on the Spyder pushing all the buttons and switches and had the emergency flashers on.
    It turned out that this group was from a local motorcycle club and were on a poker run for charity. I managed to keep my cool, only because I don't want to make an enemy and have them come back later and damage the Spyder. I did not know that one could turn on the emergency flashers without the key.

You probably made a wise choice. I have a hard fast rule. Never argue with idiots because they'll just drag you down & beat you with experience.

Spyder Garage

How difficult to install?

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wow, I probably would have called the police. I was in Lake Tahoe on Tuesday and had just got gas and was getting off the Spyder in front of the station when a guy gets out of an SUV and starts walking toward me with his cell phone in his hand. He says "You are going to take my picture sitting on that" I said I don't think so! He was pretty pissed that I wouldn't let him sit on it. Where do people get off thinking that that bad behavior is okay.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Been there done that had the shoe prints on the seat, had the grip switch on, pegs down etc. etc. I will let someone sit on my spyder if I say they can.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb Bulldog Motorcycle 2-way LCD alarm system?

Anybody tried one of these: http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/Produ...rm-system.aspx

I'm thinking I live in an area where there are more idiots per-capita than most places ... I've been very hesitant to let my Spyder out of my sight when not parked in my own driveway (which is fenced and gated with security cams btw).

- Michael

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    How difficult to install?
    Depends on your abilities. I installed the main module under the dash top panel behind the windshield. I had to remove the windshield and the top panel. You will also need access to a 'hot' wire that goes to the battery to power it. Iminstalled the blinking led on the dash next to one of the speakers.
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DR Buck View Post
    I have the Gorilla 8017 alarm with two way pager.

This alarm stops theft four different ways:

• LED warning light indicates that your alarm is armed providing a visual deterrent against theft
    • Motion tilt sensor - Not used with Spyder
    • Current drain sensor stops hotwiring by activating the alarm when there is a current drop in the motorcycles electrical system
    • 2-Stage shock sensor activates the alarm upon any impact to the motorcycle. Set the sensitivity to any of the 7 levels depending on the surroundings - I keep this at a mid setting to keep casual passers by from triggering it. If someone yanks on the handel-bars, one of the luggage doors or sits on it, the 120 DB alarm sends them to change their underwear.

When the alarm goes off I get a page and can come running. It was worth every $ I payed for it.
    I rigged up a momentary switch to my Gorilla "Tilt Circuit" and mounted it under my left floorboard. I made it so the floorboard will deflect slightly to activate the switch, so when someone steps on the floorboard alarm sounds and that is as far as they get.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default The Spyder is an idiot magnet but not idiot Proof

There is no such thing as idiot proof. Idiot Resistant maybe, but not idiot proof..

Sorry, this sounded like the perfect thread to vent on after a bad shift at my day job!

Spyder Garage

Default My solution

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I kind of LIKE that!
    (If they're got enough brains to read and understand it... )

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rotaxer View Post
    I rigged up a momentary switch to my Gorilla "Tilt Circuit" and mounted it under my left floorboard. I made it so the floorboard will deflect slightly to activate the switch, so when someone steps on the floorboard alarm sounds and that is as far as they get.
    I like that idea. Do you have any pics you can share.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default You have given me a great idea

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Pringle View Post
    My wife and I were just leaving a restaurant to find a small child sitting on the seat of my Spyder. The child was kicking the side of the bike with his shoes saying giddyup horses. The mom was standing right beside the child while this was occurring. I approached the mom and said, excuse me but your child is scuffing up the sides of my Spyder. She apologized and removed her child. I kept my cool and took a rag out of the trunk to make sure there was no damage. Lucky the scuff marks whipped off. This has never occurred with any of the two wheelers I have owned.
    Im going to Hang a sign on my Spyder that says COIN OPERATED. I need to figure out where to put the coin slot and for $1.00 the kids get to hear the sound of a bad ass Spyder tacking up and as a bonus the seat vibrates. I will make a fortune with the never ending supply of idiots that stop in here to get wasted each week end.
    Don't just dream the dream! Live the dream! Sent from my coconut using tap-a-nut. Spyderlovers Southern-Most Member.