Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default instructions

got a set of these last week, trying to find some instructions have the green manuals shows it to be too easy. the KB car stuff kit has no instructions whatsoever. anybody?
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So, what is the difference between the BRP HID kit and the Xenon Depot kit?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

On both my Iraqi projects; I noticed very heavy usage of LED light clusters on many US military vehicles. They all put out a very blue white light; though I imagine they weren't just for the light, but the reduced power draw on most mil spec vehicles already overworked electrical systems. I noticed the OP titled this thread LEDs, then talked about HIDs exclusively in his post; hopefully he's aware they are different tech.

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Cool Here's a visual for you to compare

On Teds Red Sled, we originally had stock lights all around, but found them lacking when on our SITA trip last year and we got to the campground around midnight, which had no lights at all, and it was a bear to find Randy & Holly's campsight with the OEM lighting we had. I called and talked with Steve from XenonDepot (one of our site sponsors) & he was very helpful in explaining everything to me about lighting & HIDs & at that time, we ordered the HID Kit for the HeadLights only. After install, which we did ourselves, we were very happy with the difference from the OEM headlights to the AfterMarket HID headlights and had gone that way for a few months, but then I couldn't stand how 'dingy' and almost orange/faded yellow our OEM FogLights looked compared to the BRIGHT WHITE of our HID HeadLights, so Teddy had me once again call Steve & we ordered the HID FogLight replacements from him as well. They sat on a shelf for a while, til I finally got Teds Sled ready for our (had to cancel) SpyderQuest trip, and set about installing them ourselves as well. I think this picture really speaks for itself, but just in case, all the bright white lights you see are the HIDs & the one 'dingy' fog light you see is still the OEM before we replaced it. And just an FYI, not that I'm knocking the BRP HIDs, but I believe you can get the XenonDepots HID Kits for around $200 +/- for a set

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks to ARCTIC I was able to get a HID kit for mine and with a little modification was able to work on my 13 RSS and has a great choice, well worth the money. You won't be disappointed .

The actual BRP kit is a little pricey unless you can find them on clearance or eBay.

BRP kit comes with new headlight assemblies

Spyder Garage

I did thanks Steve, but the wire colors on the connection they reversed the polarity on are different from his to mine see if I can post this pic:uploadfromtaptalk1380376241086.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Spyder Garage

You do not modify that connector at all. Swap the black and white wires on the mating connector in the harness with the kit. End result should be black to black (ground) and white to yellow or whatever color your positive wire is.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

AbNormy: jcthorne is correct. You do not modify your OE wiring, you simply reverse the locations of the wires on our harness. Take a look at this video on how to reverse polarity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txQx_kgGjJY

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    And just an FYI, not that I'm knocking the BRP HIDs, but I believe you can get the XenonDepots HID Kits for around $200 +/- for a set
    Wow! That's shockingly pleasant! Especially considering BRPs HID price point (though pretty much any of their accessories is WAY over priced). Have to keep Xenon Depot in mind for next season........................hhhhhhhhmmmmmm.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Red face

Hubby bought me xenon headlights and when he is behind me on his valkyrie, he has no trouble seeing the road, that's how good they are,none of the first mods he did!!