Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    To be most accurate I will use revolutions per mile to show you just how close in size these TWO sizes are.......the 225/50-15 goes 869 revs per mile......the 215/60-15 ( and I'm sure you meant 15 not 16 )goes from 827 to 828 for four tires I checked ...two others were 837 & a FUSION at 845 but these were the exception..........Soooooooooooooo this small a difference would not be noticed by the seat of your pants ....or the " NANNY " .....it will effectively lower (?) your gearing ....Like giving you an extra tooth on the SPROCKET so to speak............I hope this Helps you out....Mike...
    Thanks. I did have a typo I obviously didn't think a 16" would fit. I do most of my posting from my cellphone so I apologize in advance for any other errors

Quote Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
    I've had two of the 215's on mine: first was a General Altimax and second on now is Pirelli P4. First one ran 1 MPH over indicated, based on GPS; second runs about 1 1/2 MPH over. Swapped out the General Altimax at just over 10,000 but it still had a couple thousand or more left. Pirelli now has 7K plus and still looks new running 20lb air since new with no discernable center wear.

FWIW, I swapped out the OEM at 10K but it had a couple or more thousand left on it.

I got both car tires from Discount Tire and had them dealer mounted who charges 1 hr labor.
    Was your speedometer accurate with the stock tire?
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    Thanks. I did have a typo I obviously didn't think a 16" would fit. I do most of my posting from my cellphone so I apologize in advance for any other errors

Was your speedometer accurate with the stock tire?
    Yes it was.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    The OEM ogt spin-happy as it wore; it'd lose traction on a dog turd as the end grew near...
    The Falken got a bit lossey-goosey in the wet once it was worn about out
    You know there are other throttle positions than full, don't you?

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes; yest I do...
    What I was trying to say, was that normal throttle settings were starting to get me some tire spin once the tires got... tired!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Does anyone know of a 'set' of three PERFORMANCE tire treads that match. Kenda does of course but then Kenda is not a performance tire. Not concerned about money. I'm concerned with performance. Consumer Reports gives Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 auto tires their very top spot. (You can do an internet search of their site for yourself.) They are available in 175/65R15. But NOT in either 225/50R15 or even 215/60R15. That means mixed tread designs. Based on a personal crash in an MGB from mixing one Dunlop spare with three Michelin X tires traveling in Greece, mixing treads is a setup for disaster. Other than the not very good Kenda tires, has anybody come up with a 'set' of same tread designs in performance tire sizes that can be used by the Spyder? MY preference is the Michelin tire. But open to suggestion.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THESE MATCH

[QUOTE=ricford;1015759]Does anyone know of a 'set' of three PERFORMANCE tire treads that match. Kenda does of course but then Kenda is not a performance tire. Not concerned about money. I'm concerned with performance. Consumer Reports gives Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 auto tires their very top spot. (You can do an internet search of their site for yourself.) They are available in 175/65R15. But NOT in either 225/50R15 or even 215/60R15. That means mixed tread designs. Based on a personal crash in an MGB from mixing one Dunlop spare with three Michelin X tires traveling in Greece, mixing treads is a setup for disaster. Other than the not very good Kenda tires, has anybody come up with a 'set' of same tread designs in performance tire sizes that can be used by the Spyder? MY preference is the Michelin tire. But open to suggestion.[/QU
    General Altimax RT has fronts and a rear combo that match..................and their performance rating was excellent or superior in the ratings....Mike

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ricford View Post
    Does anyone know of a 'set' of three PERFORMANCE tire treads that match. Kenda does of course but then Kenda is not a performance tire. Not concerned about money. I'm concerned with performance. Consumer Reports gives Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 auto tires their very top spot. (You can do an internet search of their site for yourself.) They are available in 175/65R15. But NOT in either 225/50R15 or even 215/60R15. That means mixed tread designs. Based on a personal crash in an MGB from mixing one Dunlop spare with three Michelin X tires traveling in Greece, mixing treads is a setup for disaster. Other than the not very good Kenda tires, has anybody come up with a 'set' of same tread designs in performance tire sizes that can be used by the Spyder? MY preference is the Michelin tire. But open to suggestion.
    You can get a set of General Altimax HP's 185/60/14 and 215/60/15 for up to a 2012 RT and they do have them in 175/65/15.
    http://www.onlinetires.com/products/...p+84h+bsw.html
    Last edited by Highwayman2013; 08-02-2015 at 02:46 PM.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White