Spyder Garage

Default anybody gaining weight after buying a spyder?

10,000 miles on the spyder in a little over a year. four pounds more on the weight! seems like we've been doing a lot of ice cream runs and dinner runs in the last year, not to mention dunkin donuts! matter of fact, we went out for a hundred mile brunch run this morning!

Spyder Garage

Default Not yet..!!

but if we keep going on these 200 miles to lunch rydes starting with breakfast we will. Try to exercise while ryding and the fact we ryde the twisted roads helps. So far skipping the breakfast ryding hard has helped keep the pounds from creeping up..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

That is a standing joke with our riding crew. Ride and eat. My dad calls them "eating machines".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    but if we keep going on these 200 miles to lunch rydes starting with breakfast we will. Try to exercise while ryding and the fact we ryde the twisted roads helps. So far skipping the breakfast ryding hard has helped keep the pounds from creeping up..
    HOW DARE YOU SKIP CAFE 67!!! THAT'S THE BEST PART OF THE RYDE! I miss that place. great food, great portions, and beautiful waitresses. 2 of them had my order memorized within a few months. lol
    RS - 55K+ miles, F3 - 200 miles and counting.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    10,000 miles on the spyder in a little over a year. four pounds more on the weight! seems like we've been doing a lot of ice cream runs and dinner runs in the last year, not to mention dunkin donuts! matter of fact, we went out for a hundred mile brunch run this morning!
    So that's why!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Another one of the bad things that happens to ryders. I am now a pretty good authority on AK Roadhouses though.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool Weight gain

You got to kidding, I have lost weight I am down to 155# with my clothes on including boots. I seldom get home without a stop at DQ or 7-11 my favorite is Steak n Shake during happy hours when shakes are half price.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just remember; cleaning the Spyders counts as aerobic exercise!
    (Up two pounds...)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I'm thinking of having peddles installed on mine. This way I can exercise on my way to Ben & Jerry's.

Spyder Garage

No. In fact, since SITA last year, I've had my knee replaced and my divorce was finalized. I've lost 45 lbs off my girth and I've also lost 120 lbs of ugly unsightly fat.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

, it is not the first donut and coffee that gets you. it is the other eleven you eat while people ask about your ride

Your spyder is really sharp

Spyder Garage

Default Jealousy will get you...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ledford View Post
    You got to kidding, I have lost weight I am down to 155# with my clothes on including boots. I seldom get home without a stop at DQ or 7-11 my favorite is Steak n Shake during happy hours when shakes are half price.
    Steak and Shake...only in the South. Wish we had them here int the Northeast but we have to suffer through Five Guys...mmm great can't eat just one of those bad boys

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool Ruff Year

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    No. In fact, since SITA last year, I've had my knee replaced and my divorce was finalized. I've lost 45 lbs off my girth and I've also lost 120 lbs of ugly unsightly fat.

Divorce alone is good for 50/100 pounds just for the stress factors alone. She only weighed 120# ????

When I retired I lost 50# right off the bat from the lack of stress and I was not stressed out I thought...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnwinslow View Post
    , it is not the first donut and coffee that gets you. it is the other eleven you eat while people ask about your ride

Your spyder is really sharp
    you're absolutely right, and thank you for the complement on the spyder!!!

Spyder Garage

congrats on all three! was the 120 pounds of unsightly fat the ex??? (or are you talking about your body weight??)

Spyder Garage

Yes. The misery diet. Been there and got down to my high school weight. But I have news for you. I'm now on the other side of all that and in a wonderful happy relationship again, and I'm inflating like a zeppelin.

Spyder Garage

Cruel, but funny! Good on you for taking care of yourself too. BTW: No, I haven't gained weight since buying the Spyder, though I've been known to look for excuses to ride it out for a meal.

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"Twist the grip, to grip the fork"
    THAT sounds like a plan!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black