Thread: NOT A GOOD FIT

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default NOT A GOOD FIT

This is my first post. I relied on this site prior to and after the purchase of my 2013 RT Limited w/RT-622 trailer. This is a great forum with great members.

After 1500 miles I decided to go back to two wheels. The Spyder and I just didn't get along. It was a combination of spending my Saturdays at the dealer for repais and not having that loving felling of riding it. I'm glad they exist and someday might be back on one.

In the for sale section I have listed some of the accessories that I took off prior to trading it in.

A word of caution with the BRP extended warranty. I purchased the 5 year warranty at a cost of $900.00. I contacted the selling deal to ask them to cancel the warranty and send me the refund. I have done this with cars and motorcycles in the past. I was told the BRP does not refund them unless the unit is repossessed or totaled. This is also listed on the back of the BRP service contract. The only other thing you can do is transfer them.

Thanks again for all the great support that this forum provides.

Spyder Garage

Default sorry

sorry you didn't have a good experience with you SPYD3R...
    enjoy your 2 wheels... and ride safely...
    SAM_0517.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default Alas..!!

so sorry to see you go for the reasons you stated..look forward to seeing you on your return but in the meantime enjoy your rides which ever they may be and above all be safe..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So what will you be riding next? We'd STILL like to see pictures...
    The best of luck in the next Chapter! Ride Safe!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fusetoo View Post
    This is my first post. I relied on this site prior to and after the purchase of my 2013 RT Limited w/RT-622 trailer. This is a great forum with great members.

After 1500 miles I decided to go back to two wheels. The Spyder and I just didn't get along. It was a combination of spending my Saturdays at the dealer for repais and not having that loving felling of riding it. I'm glad they exist and someday might be back on one.

In the for sale section I have listed some of the accessories that I took off prior to trading it in.

A word of caution with the BRP extended warranty. I purchased the 5 year warranty at a cost of $900.00. I contacted the selling deal to ask them to cancel the warranty and send me the refund. I have done this with cars and motorcycles in the past. I was told the BRP does not refund them unless the unit is repossessed or totaled. This is also listed on the back of the BRP service contract. The only other thing you can do is transfer them.

Interesting. Someone awhile back had asked about prorating refund on extended warranty policies. I had responded by saying that I had the RPM One extended warranty and had no problems with them giving me a prorated rebate. However, my situation was that my spyder (2010 RT-S Premier Edition) had been totalled when a lady blew through a redlight and T-Boned me.

Thank you for the qualification.

Chris

Spyder Garage

The dealer advised me that the best warranty stayed with the original bike, someone purchasing a used bike with the best warranty on it could request it be transfered to them (if they knew it had one).

I told the person that bought my 2012 about the warranty and she recieved it.

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

When I bought my 2011 RT-S last month, I called BRP and asked them to transfer the BEST warranty to my name. They asked me to FAX or email the:
    1) Registration showing it is in my name and VIN.
    2) The receipt from the seller.
    3) The current copy of the BRP contract showing the previous owners name and policy.

I scanned those and Emailed them to BRP Customer Service. Two weeks later I got a new BEST contract with my name on it along with the BEST warrant wallet card.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Default Any other Warranty companies out there?

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    When I bought my 2011 RT-S last month, I called BRP and asked them to transfer the BEST warranty to my name. They asked me to FAX or email the:
    1) Registration showing it is in my name and VIN.
    2) The receipt from the seller.
    3) The current copy of the BRP contract showing the previous owners name and policy.

I scanned those and Emailed them to BRP Customer Service. Two weeks later I got a new BEST contract with my name on it along with the BEST warrant wallet card.

Bob

There's several different extended warranty companies out there for cars. Anyone know of anything for motorcycles? I purchased my spyder used and neither seller or myself discussed the BEST warranty at time of sale... about two months later I noticed the warranty card was stuck to the back of the owners DVD and it had expired the month before. Odd but understandable that BRP wouldn't want to sell warranty to used spyders but i would think they can make alot of money on it.

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear your experience with the did not work out. Wishing you well on your next chapter.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Prorated Refund?

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    Interesting. Someone awhile back had asked about prorating refund on extended warranty policies. I had responded by saying that I had the RPM One extended warranty and had no problems with them giving me a prorated rebate. However, my situation was that my spyder (2010 RT-S Premier Edition) had been totalled when a lady blew through a redlight and T-Boned me.

Thank you for the qualification.

Chris
    I had RPM One on my first Spyder and got a prorated refund as well. Sold it, didn't total it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

2011 CVO Ultra.jpg

Did the deal yesterday. I tried to buy back the 2009 Victory Vision that I traded in for the RT and trailer. The selling dealer offered to sell me my old bike for what he gave me in trade in-value if I bought it out right. He had no interest in taking the RT and trailer back in on trade for the Vision. I thought this was quite strange. I went to a Harley / Can-am dealer by me. He had a good deal for me on a new 2013 Ultra Limited but not a great one. I got a great deal at Suburban Motors Harley Davidson on a used 2011 CVO Ultra with 3,100 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    So what will you be riding next? We'd STILL like to see pictures...
    The best of luck in the next Chapter! Ride Safe!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's a nice-lookin' bike!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

2011 CVO Ultra.jpg

Did the deal yesterday. I tried to buy back the 2009 Victory Vision that I traded in for the RT and trailer. The selling dealer offered to sell me my old bike for what he gave me in trade in-value if I bought it out right. He had no interest in taking the RT and trailer back in on trade for the Vision. I thought this was quite strange. I went to a Harley / Can-am dealer by me. He had a good deal for me on a new 2013 Ultra Limited but not a great one. I got a great deal at Suburban Motors Harley Davidson on a used 2011 CVO Ultra with 3,100 miles
    You have a dealer that sells BOTH HD & Can Ams in the same building? I've never heard of that. I always thought HD sold HD's exclusively.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Spyder View Post
    You have a dealer that sells BOTH HD & Can Ams in the same building? I've never heard of that. I always thought HD sold HD's exclusively.
    One of the HD dealers here sells Harleys and Triumphs.
    BTW, nice looking Ultra Classic.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Default Harley

Our Harley dealership sells Harley's and Hondas!! Another in the area sells Harley's and BMWs!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Spyder View Post
    There's one in Cedar Rapids Iowa too
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    There's one in Cedar Rapids Iowa too
    Yep, my Spyder is there now. Great people there.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Happy Former-Spyder owner!
    2008 SM5 PE# 3518 / Intense Blue Pearl (sold 2014)

Spyder Garage

Good Luck with the HD ........and thank you for showing true "class" in the way you reported it on the site. I am sure you are frustrated as well but chose to keep your emotions in check. There have been others that have your level of awareness and understanding of where you are "Spyderlovers" but sadly far to many that do not.
    2011 RTS SM5