Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Pin Program

I applied for my 5,000 mile pin about 4 months ago. I assume I should have received it by now?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They send them quarterly, I think. I had to wait a good bit for the 5K pin but got the 25K pretty quick (difference between January and July, I guess). Hang in there ...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Knarfoh View Post
    I applied for my 5,000 mile pin about 4 months ago. I assume I should have received it by now?
    Sent mine in first week of November 2011 (5000 miles) for my RS. Never recieved it, and now don't even have the bike anymore. I will send in my 5000 mile picture for my RT, but will not hold my breathe for it.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    Sent mine in first week of November 2011 (5000 miles) for my RS. Never recieved it, and now don't even have the bike anymore. I will send in my 5000 mile picture for my RT, but will not hold my breathe for it.
    When I purchased my Spyder last year, BRP sent me a "welcoming package" that included instructions for applying for the 5,000 mile pin when I reached that milestone.

But I have found other posts on this FORUM that suggest BRP is now solely relying on service records from dealerships for proof. Obviously, the weakness to that system is how frequently you take your vehicle in for dealership service. My last service was just before the 5k mark. I have been using the dealership to maintain mine during the warranty period, but I am not sure what I will do in the future.

I did as I was told: take a picture of the odometer AND a picture of myself standing next to my Spyder and sent both to the appropriate address.

I will wait a little while longer to see what happens. Since the pins are apparently processed quarterly, there could be a built-in delay.
    Last edited by Knarfoh; 07-29-2013 at 07:47 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I did as I was told: take a picture of the odometer AND a picture of myself standing next to my Spyder and send both to the appropriate address.
    Okay, I did not send in a picture of me standing next to the Spyder, so that might be why to pin. Guess they could have sent me an email telling me I forgot that one. Oh well, maybe for my RT I will get one.5000 Miles 004.jpg
    Then again, you can see my reflection in the cluster
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

Most know that I am not a fan of the pin program through BRP. The above posts just reinforce what I have experienced. If you want patches--go to Cat Specialties--a SL sponser. They will fix you up with no hassle, and you do not even need your mother in laws SS # or great aunts blood type.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You should know that Spyder owners in the UK get none of BRP's little perks and freebies available to you guys in the USA. No pins, no patches, etc. And we are yet to see a BRP-sponsored event of any kind in the UK, they don't even show up at the our annual Motorcycle Show. There is no Spyder TV advertising here, either, so the general population don't know what a Spyder is when they see one for the first time and we get endlessly pestered when parked up. (It's only fun the first hundred times you are asked "what is it?". After that you feel like being left alone).

We got the redesigned filler caps because it was a world wide safety issue and I guess the longer oil filter housing turned up because Rotax short filters were going out of production, whatever. We missed out on the FREE new LH bottom side panel which makes oil changes a breeze. I really would have liked one of those, even if I had to pay.

Still LOVE my RT but I wish BRP would get themselves sense of fair play when dealing with ALL their dedicated customers around the world. That would make us feel we are a part of the same group and not apart from it.
    Last edited by GeoffCee; 07-28-2013 at 05:57 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Geoff,
    Does it give you enough of an excuse to emigrate? We'd love to steal you away...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Geoff,
    Does it give you enough of an excuse to emigrate? We'd love to steal you away...
    That's the (sniff, sniff) nicest thing any one has said (sniff, sniff) to me since December 2010 when my dear wife (sniff, sniff) asked me if I'd like to buy a Spyder. You're the best, Bob.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Why,you old softie! I can see why she asked you now!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I never really cared about the pins, I get a smile when I look at the odometer 21,000 miles so far. I don't think a trinket would do the same thing. Well at least a trinket that doesn't rev and I can't turn a wrench on from time to time.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"Pins? We ain't got no pins. We don't need no pins! I don't have to show you any stinkin' pins!" (poorly paraphrased line from "The Treasure of Sierra Madre")
    2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

PINS?????? They have pins?? I have just turned 37,000 on my RT-S didn't get anything but a smile from me!!! Guess I'll jsut have to go in a corner and cry a lot!!! And Goeff I have 36 ac of woods here in Mo if you'd like to buy a couple acres to imigrate too. Would love to have ya in the area.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeFeet View Post
    PINS?????? They have pins?? I have just turned 37,000 on my RT-S didn't get anything but a smile from me!!! Guess I'll jsut have to go in a corner and cry a lot!!! And Goeff I have 36 ac of woods here in Mo if you'd like to buy a couple acres to imigrate too. Would love to have ya in the area.
    I never got my owners welcome pack when I purchased my 09 Spyder but it took about a month or so to get my 5k pin after submission. Just purchased a 2012 RT-S and in a month & half later got my owners welcome pack with Can am spyder Owner pin, Patch, accessories catalog plus small info cards to hand out!!!! Thanks BRP

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffCee View Post
    You should know that Spyder owners in the UK get none of BRP's little perks and freebies available to you guys in the USA. No pins, no patches, etc. And we are yet to see a BRP-sponsored event of any kind in the UK, they don't even show up at the our annual Motorcycle Show. There is no Spyder TV advertising here, either, so the general population don't know what a Spyder is when they see one for the first time and we get endlessly pestered when parked up. (It's only fun the first hundred times you are asked "what is it?". After that you feel like being left alone).

We got the redesigned filler caps because it was a world wide safety issue and I guess the longer oil filter housing turned up because Rotax short filters were going out of production, whatever. We missed out on the FREE new LH bottom side panel which makes oil changes a breeze. I really would have liked one of those, even if I had to pay.

Still LOVE my RT but I wish BRP would get themselves sense of fair play when dealing with ALL their dedicated customers around the world. That would make us feel we are a part of the same group and not apart from it.
    Yeah but you guys get Low Beams and High beam headlights. All we get is the crappy single head light with half an eyelid on it
    I would rather have the dual headlights than a stinking Welcome package
    Last edited by Magdave; 07-29-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Geoff, Does it give you enough of an excuse to emigrate? We'd love to steal you away...
    Perhaps George Alexander Louis can do something about this in the future? Hang in there. And please, no more babies! When our national news reports lead off with baby stories from Britain, I am thinking "WE MUST HAVE SOLVED WORLD HUNGER and PEACE MUST HAVE BROKEN OUT WORLDWIDE" for that to headline the news here in the USA. Anyway, new born babies are all wrinkled and not very cute for a few days.

If you do emigrate, please refrain from showing your backside like Prince Harry.

I just want what was promised to me.. MY PIN!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeFeet View Post
    And Geoff I have 36 ac of woods here in Mo if you'd like to buy a couple acres to imigrate too. Would love to have ya in the area.
    Pity you said BUY a couple of acres. There's always a catch with these seemingly generous offers but that's the internet for you. Ha!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you do emigrate, please refrain from showing your backside like Prince Harry.
    His royal backside is his best side.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    Yeah but you guys get Low Beams and High beam headlights. All we get is the crappy single head light wit half an eyelid on it
    I would rather have the dual headlights than a stinking Welcome package
    You mean you actually envy my dual headlights?

Well, that's lifted my chin off the floor and here was I thinking this would just be another stinking Monday! Whoopee!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Perhaps George Alexander Louis can do something about this in the future? I just want what was promised to me.. MY PIN!
    Perhaps HRH George Alexander Louis can issue a Royal Proclamation??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by happyspyder2039 View Post
    I never got my owners welcome pack when I purchased my 09 Spyder but it took about a month or so to get my 5k pin after submission. Just purchased a 2012 RT-S and in a month & half later got my owners welcome pack with Can am spyder Owner pin, Patch, accessories catalog plus small info cards to hand out!!!! Thanks BRP
    Huh, I never got anything like that. Maybe because I bought a "new" 2012 in 2013? This is the first I've heard of this pin thing, and I have 8300 miles on a bike just purchased in February!

Spyder Garage

Default Took me twice to get pin

I had to send the picture of my odometer and a picture of me and my RT twice. By the time I received the pin I had 12000 miles. My wife has more mileage on her bike than I do and has never received her pin after 3 tries, so she just gave up. We will probably not send for any more pins, just not worth it. The one I did receive is very cheaply made.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I sent in my info over a year ago....and still no pin....

Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice - ain't gonna happen

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Never heard of this pin offer 'till now...

Quote Originally Posted by Shel_TK View Post
    Huh, I never got anything like that. Maybe because I bought a "new" 2012 in 2013? This is the first I've heard of this pin thing, and I have 8300 miles on a bike just purchased in February!
    I too have never heard of this pin offer. Got my ST-L 2 months ago and no welcome packet as of yet. May be a bit premature for me as I am only about to crest 1600 miles. Another poster mentioned their welcome packet came with a welcome pin, patch and other swag.

I would like to have that stuff too. Guess i'll be waiting by the mailbox for that welcome packet...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default WELCOME PACKAGE

I noticed that some of the people replying here mentioned not receiving any type of WELCOME PACKAGE. Some also claimed no knowledge of the PIN program.

I thought I would include information about the WELCOME PACKAGE I received (which includes information about the pin program).

CLICK HERE to see the information.