Spyder Garage

Default Side Mirror 2013 RT-S

The left side view mirror came off as I was putting on the bike cover. I put the mirror back on but it is still looser than the right mirror and vibrates when riding. I followed the directions in the manual but it is still not right. Any suggestions here?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Did you check the wire clips? They may be bent...if so, straightening them may be what's needed to get a tight(er) fit.

Spyder Garage

Can't find any wire clips????

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by maliamd View Post
    Can't find any wire clips????
    They are on the mirror. You have to hook the mirror on at the top first, slide it down slightly, then pop the bottom part in. I've had my mirrors off a couple of times and the clips are beat. I'll be looking to replace them soon.

Spyder Garage

I'm sorry I wasn't clear on my issue. The entire side view mirror piece (mirror plus body piece) is loose!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by maliamd View Post
    I'm sorry I wasn't clear on my issue. The entire side view mirror piece (mirror plus body piece) is loose!
    Yes, that is what we're talking about. The entire mirror pops off the posts. To remove the mirror, you're supposed to pull it off the posts from the bottom, then lift up on it. Mine has loosened up pretty good too as those clips don't seem to hold up well. Even though my mirror is loose, I don't think it is in jeopardy of falling off.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You missed on getting it hooked on up at the front...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

In looking further one of the clips broke off. Called the dealer and they are sending me a new clip. I can't believe the mirror came off when putting the cover on. These mirrors should be sturdier than this!!

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

The mirrors are designed to break away if bumped. In most cases they do just that, but the BRP version uses a kehole clip on one corner that can break if hit from the wrong angle or muscled off during the removal process. Once you learn the technique of removing and replacing the mirrors, they work pretty well.

To remove...while supporting the outer edge of the mirror with one hand to resist your other hand, rap firmly (but not too hard) with at the outer edge toward the rear to pop the front spring clip loose. Now put the support hand at the top of the outer edge and rap firmly upward to pop loose the lower spring clip. Don't hit so hard that the mirror wants to bend up at a substantial angle...you will break the keyhole clip. With the spring clips loose, lift straight up on the mirror about 1/2" to disengage the keyhole clip, then pull the mirror outward when freed. Pull the wiring connector out of the body, and disconnect it. Reinstallation is the opposite of removal. Make sure the spring clips are straight and parellel. Some light lubrication on the outer cone of the spring clip posts is helpful. Remember that rapping firmly usually works better than pulling or tugging, either for removal or installation.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    The mirrors are designed to break away if bumped. In most cases they do just that, but the BRP version uses a kehole clip on one corner that can break if hit from the wrong angle or muscled off during the removal process. Once you learn the technique of removing and replacing the mirrors, they work pretty well.

To remove...while supporting the outer edge of the mirror with one hand to resist your other hand, rap firmly (but not too hard) with at the outer edge toward the rear to pop the front spring clip loose. Now put the support hand at the top of the outer edge and rap firmly upward to pop loose the lower spring clip. Don't hit so hard that the mirror wants to bend up at a substantial angle...you will break the keyhole clip. With the spring clips loose, lift straight up on the mirror about 1/2" to disengage the keyhole clip, then pull the mirror outward when freed. Pull the wiring connector out of the body, and disconnect it. Reinstallation is the opposite of removal. Make sure the spring clips are straight and parellel. Some light lubrication on the outer cone of the spring clip posts is helpful. Remember that rapping firmly usually works better than pulling or tugging, either for removal or installation.

Thanks so much for your help. Should get the new clip early next week and if I have problems installing I will let you know.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Scotty To The Rescue... AGAIN

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black