Spyder Garage

Default Custom Dynamics Magic-Strobes-RS

Hi folks, love this forum, very informative. I just bought a 2013 ST-S and I ordered the Custom Dynamics Magic Strobes RS and a shortee antenna as I was getting the radio kit installed at my dealer. Got the radio kit installed, works great but my dealer tells me that they cannot install the Magic Strobes from Custom Dynamics as it will grossly affect the computer and render some features inoperative, like the vehicle stability control and something else quite important that I can't remember exactly what it was. Getting old. Anyways I was just wondering if anybody had this installed on their ST as Custom Dynamics claims that it will work on the ST. This would be a great safety feature, to have the brake lights flash, especially where I live as the cagers don't seem to care to much about us motorcycle drivers. Thanks for your input.

Rumman

Spyder Garage

I have a '08 GS with the double play module on the front signals and the triple play unit on the back.
    Both from Custom Dynamics and work great. The brake strobe unit is plug and play.
    It would only take a few minutes to try it out and if it did throw a code it could be removed.
    Custom Dynamics usually test their products so they should work as advertised, and you can call them
    with your concerns or problems with the install.

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dealers are VERY skittish about touching anything that doesn't come with an invoice from BRP...
    They'll work on the bike just fine; but don't expect the dealer to do the install without a fight!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I have the CD LEDs in the rear turn signals and the flasher kit and it works great! on my STS
    2013 ST-S SE Pure Magnesium

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydr in KS View Post
    I have the CD LEDs in the rear turn signals and the flasher kit and it works great! on my STS
    Thanks, I shall try it and hopefully it works.

Spyder Garage

Default Is it the "Smart Triple play Module" for brakes, turn, running Lights? if so yes

Quote Originally Posted by rumman View Post
    Hi folks, love this forum, very informative. I just bought a 2013 ST-S and I ordered the Custom Dynamics Magic Strobes RS and a shortee antenna as I was getting the radio kit installed at my dealer. Got the radio kit installed, works great but my dealer tells me that they cannot install the Magic Strobes from Custom Dynamics as it will grossly affect the computer and render some features inoperative, like the vehicle stability control and something else quite important that I can't remember exactly what it was. Getting old. Anyways I was just wondering if anybody had this installed on their ST as Custom Dynamics claims that it will work on the ST. This would be a great safety feature, to have the brake lights flash, especially where I live as the cagers don't seem to care to much about us motorcycle drivers. Thanks for your input.

Rumman
    I have installed it on mine and have no problems. You need to replace all Incandescent bulbs with LEDs to use the strobe switches in that position. It sure does catches people's eyes when you hit the brakes I have mine set to flash seven times before coming on solid. Been using it for two months no problems!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm curious, how did the Shortee antenna work on the ST? According to Custom Dynamics this antenna is only for the RT's. Thx

Susie - 2013 Spyder ST Limited
    1983-2004 Goldwings. (5)
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red