Thread: Code P0352?

Spyder Garage

Default Code P0352?

Rode my RS about 5mls this morning for a short event with no problems,but when i started up to go home about 1 hr later I got a check egn light? turned it off and pulled the key,waited then tried restarting it, same problem. Rode it home,it had little power,felt and sounded like I was riding a lownmower so I went slow. Got home and read my notes to remember how to pull up codes and got a P0352,checked my tech. man. and found it was Ignition coil stage 2 which I guess means it the coil for the #2 cyl. which fits(I was riding a lawnmower!) the book said to check fuse F8,it's good,the rest of the tests involve meas. resistance and voltage at ECM and coil. I have shakey hands and are not comfortable doing this so I guess it time to get it to dealer,? do you think I could or should ride it 20 miles up the interstate or have them get it?
    2015 RT White,Tj's Dash mount,Rivco's Duel Flag Holder,SealsFloorBoards(Pups),Custom Dynamics fender lights(R/W)Bajaron's Swaybar & links,Lamonster's LED headlights,lidlox.Wiredux A-arm driving lights(upper&lower)FOBO TPMS system,Spyerpops lighted bumpskid,Foom handgrips.
    tobor9@me.com

Spyder Garage

I've never seen a LHM on my RS, but I'm concerned about the strane to the eng. and trams.
    2015 RT White,Tj's Dash mount,Rivco's Duel Flag Holder,SealsFloorBoards(Pups),Custom Dynamics fender lights(R/W)Bajaron's Swaybar & links,Lamonster's LED headlights,lidlox.Wiredux A-arm driving lights(upper&lower)FOBO TPMS system,Spyerpops lighted bumpskid,Foom handgrips.
    tobor9@me.com

Spyder Garage

Just seems like 20 miles is a long way to push the Spyder if it does quit on you somewhere between home and dealership. I'd trailer it to the dealership myself.

Spyder Garage

How about riding the side streets up to Velocity Power Sports at Ladson? You might also try calling PJ to see what he thinks. He doesn't work on weekends, but will be available by 9:00 am tomorrow.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Huddleston View Post
    How about riding the side streets up to Velocity Power Sports at Ladson? You might also try calling PJ to see what he thinks. He doesn't work on weekends, but will be available by 9:00 am tomorrow.
    I plan on calling him 1st thing tomorrow,thanks. PS The back roads would be longer with more stop and go,might be more of a strain then just going easy up I26
    tobor9@me.com

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Sounds similar to the code I had a few years ago. It turned out to be a bad ECM which wasn't sending power to the coil. It was only running on one cylinder....I wouldn't ride it like that.

Spyder Garage

Default sorry to hear it

Quote Originally Posted by tobor9 View Post
    Rode my RS about 5mls this morning for a short event with no problems,but when i started up to go home about 1 hr later I got a check egn light? turned it off and pulled the key,waited then tried restarting it, same problem. Rode it home,it had little power,felt and sounded like I was riding a lownmower so I went slow. Got home and read my notes to remember how to pull up codes and got a P0352,checked my tech. man. and found it was Ignition coil stage 2 which I guess means it the coil for the #2 cyl. which fits(I was riding a lawnmower!) the book said to check fuse F8,it's good,the rest of the tests involve meas. resistance and voltage at ECM and coil. I have shakey hands and are not comfortable doing this so I guess it time to get it to dealer,? do you think I could or should ride it 20 miles up the interstate or have them get it?
    just like you it's a bad day to be a spyder owner. last i added some a new farkle and by the time i was done i noticed that the additional lights on bike were off. Rode home no problems.. this morning i started the bike with no issues. Turned it off and traced wire back to battery to find it was just disconnected. I reconnected it... click bike on just to see if lights worked and they did... i put the tupperware back on was working on some other things and decided to pull bike out for a wash... when i went to start i got error message of ABS FAULT. I've tried repeatedly to get the error code so i can find what i miss but it's not working... isn't it hold the mode button down at the total hours and hit the lights(right hand) 5x times to get the code?
    Not sure what i'm doing wrong but i am frustrated right now.
    OH yeah and why the hell are motorcycle dealerships closed on Mondays?
    Last edited by DaDrkmysta; 07-21-2013 at 02:53 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DaDrkmysta View Post
    just like you it's a bad day to be a spyder owner. last i added some a new farkle and by the time i was done i noticed that the additional lights on bike were off. Rode home no problems.. this morning i started the bike with no issues. Turned it off and traced wire back to battery to find it was just disconnected. I reconnected it... click bike on just to see if lights worked and they did... i put the tupperware back on was working on some other things and decided to pull bike out for a wash... when i went to start i got error message of ABS FAULT. I've tried repeatedly to get the error code so i can find what i miss but it's not working... isn't it hold the mode button down at the total hours and hit the lights(right hand) 5x times to get the code?
    Not sure what i'm doing wrong but i am frustrated right now.
    OH yeah and why the hell are motorcycle dealerships closed on Mondays?
    Yes thats how to pull up the code,but you have to flash the lights in 5 sec,not hard but if you miss it won't work. also if there are no active codes it will say "no active codes"if you get nothing you did something wrong. ps my shop is open at 9am monday,sorry
    tobor9@me.com

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Check Engine light still coming on

My 2011 is doing the same thing, the dealer keeps saying it is a fault code and nothing wrong. It sounds like a valve is clattering and the check engine light keeps coming on.

Spyder Garage

Default not sure...oddity

i left the key in the igniton and it was on - not running but accessories were on... battery drained. I went back out there and charged battery and no fault codes... bike started right up... maybe that was the only way to clear the faults...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tobor9 View Post
    Update on RS,got a call today from Volocity that is was the ECM and they have ordered a new one,should be in next week and they will install and call me when ready. The weather here has been hot and dry all week and is Guaranteed to rain the min. I get it back but so long as I can ryde again,it's OK.. Thanks for everyone's help
    tobor9@me.com