Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Additional Stop/Tail light across the rear trunk

Hi everyone,

I am a new 2013 RT owner. I have a concern about being noticed from behind at stop lights or while moving. I am considering the addition of an LED strip across the rear trunk. Any suggestions on the best LED add-on options?

Thanks in advance.

Bogeyjoe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyjoe View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am a new 2013 RT owner. I have a concern about being noticed from behind at stop lights or while moving. I am considering the addition of an LED strip across the rear trunk. Any suggestions on the best LED add-on options?

Thanks in advance.

Bogeyjoe
    You can buy one from a sponsor here or.....

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...l-video-how-to

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

There are several choices, both strip lights and molded versions, as well as adapting other lights not intended for the Spyder. Lots of threads on the subject. The TricLED strip and the Custom Dynamics/ESI HMT are popular choices.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

We've got the Custom Dynamics light along with a few strips from TricLED. I don't know why BRP doesn't just add the top light on as a stock item since it really increases visibility.
    2008 GS Phantom, 2012 RT Limited
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DocRags View Post
    We've got the Custom Dynamics light along with a few strips from TricLED. I don't know why BRP doesn't just add the top light on as a stock item since it really increases visibility.
    my HMT all in one light is on Order- looks like it will make a big differance in visibility

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DocRags View Post

Same reason every car does not come with halogen lights, and the Spyder does not come with built in communications sets etc. There is a price point they are targeting and DOT safety requirements they must meet. If they added every option we all add to the you would have a 40k Spyder and would limit the sales.

Spyder Garage

I installed the custom dynamics 3rd brake light today. Very easy and the instructions were great. A little pricy but was well worth it ! BRP'S should of did this as a factory install.
    Now I will be visible from behind ! I highly recommend them , great quality !

Spyder Garage

I have the 3 rd,4 th and 5 th. really lights up the rear.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

I have the Custom Dynamic trunk top and also added the mud flat running/turn signal leds. Guys who have followed me say the mud flap units make a difference day and night and the trunk top when I'm braking during daylight and as both extra light when running at night. Wife says the best addition I've made lately is the hi-viz yellow Bell Revolver helmet.

Ride and ride safe,
    Curt Givens KC8STE
    Dayton, OH - Home of Hamvention
    MOLON LABE
    2012 Viper Red RT-S
    Center tail/brake light
    Mud flap run/ts
    Fender bright sides
    LED Tip lights
    Rivco Flag holder on trunk
    BRP Hitch
    Piggybacker XL Trailer

Spyder Garage

Custom Dynamics trunk lights on both 's. My first farkle installed on both.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I love my TricLEDs!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CurtG View Post
    I have the Custom Dynamic trunk top and also added the mud flat running/turn signal leds. Guys who have followed me say the mud flap units make a difference day and night and the trunk top when I'm braking during daylight and as both extra light when running at night. Wife says the best
    Ride and ride safe,
    I have the same-----VERY noticeable day & nite

Spyder Garage

I have the HMT 3rd and the TricLED 4th and 5th lights. As well as, mud flap lights and strip running lights at the rear base of the side saddle bags.
    Off; running tail lights; brake lights

IMG-20110215-00101.jpgIMG-20110215-00102.jpgIMG-20110215-00103.jpgflap.jpgbag.jpg
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.