Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Unintended side effect of owning a Spyder

I had realized that I hadn't driven my SUV once over the last month since buying my ST LTD; but what I didn't expect is for my 7 year old son's street cred to shoot through the roof @ school. I drop him off at school on Nikki (My Pearl White ST) in the mornings, and all of the kids eyes are on him as he dismounts and removes his motorcycle helmet (with the Mohawk attached). The older kid who was giving him a bit of trouble last year is now telling him "your dad's bike is cool".

I spoke to the teacher & principal last year about this kid picking on my son (who is 2 years his junior), but all along, all I had to do was buy a Spyder...which is now proven to promote feelings of unity and camaraderie. In all seriousness, I am really glad that my Spyder could help out in this situation...even if it was not planned :-)

Spyder Garage

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Although $500 bucks in Martial Arts lessons may have been more cost-effective!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Tony View Post
    I had realized that I hadn't driven my SUV once over the last month since buying my ST LTD; but what I didn't expect is for my 7 year old son's street cred to shoot through the roof @ school. I drop him off at school on Nikki (My Pearl White ST) in the mornings, and all of the kids eyes are on him as he dismounts and removes his motorcycle helmet (with the Mohawk attached). The older kid who was giving him a bit of trouble last year is now telling him "your dad's bike is cool".

I spoke to the teacher & principal last year about this kid picking on my son (who is 2 years his junior), but all along, all I had to do was buy a Spyder...which is now proven to promote feelings of unity and camaraderie. In all seriousness, I am really glad that my Spyder could help out in this situation...even if it was not planned :-)

You might want to have a chat with your son. It's all together possible he's told the other kids you belong to a bike gang and they made him a member too. So, if they mess with him, they mess with the whole gang.
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    But not as much fun!

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Hubby and I started riding when Son was in High School. Years later, Son told us all his friends at school wanted 'Cool' parents too.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Just more power from the Rock Star effect working in your favor.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Cool G-Ma

My 12 yr old Grandson says he tells everyone his Grandma rides a Spyder!!! He said to me most of the kids done even have their Grandparents . And his rides a Spyder!!! I'm going to pick him up after school one day when he goes back!! He is all excited!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DR Buck View Post
    You might want to have a chat with your son. It's all together possible he's told the other kids you belong to a bike gang and they made him a member too. So, if they mess with him, they mess with the whole gang.
    Hell's Tri-Angels?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Satan's Tripods

Spyder Garage

Default Girls are the opposite!

We've got exactly the opposite problem with our 14 year old girl - "Don't bring the bikes!!" We hear that every time we need to pick her up somewhere or drop her off. Teenage Girls! - We will never figure them out!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Funny you mention that...i'm 3 years and thousands of dollars into Tae Kwon Do lessons for us both. He is 1 belt away from black belt (red/black belt) but he knows not to use it unless threatened. The bully was a nuisance...but not worthy of a 360 jump round kick to the head by my son. That would've been a whole different can of worms.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KatLen0405 View Post
    We've got exactly the opposite problem with our 14 year old girl - "Don't bring the bikes!!" We hear that every time we need to pick her up somewhere or drop her off. Teenage Girls! - We will never figure them out!!
    i've only got 2 boys (22 and 7). I don't understand women (apologies to my girlfriend) much less teenage girls. Nonetheless, i can't understand why she doesn't want not 1 but 2 spyders to pich her up or drop off. I'll tell you what, next time you're in my neck of the woods, feel free to drop me off at work on both spyders...i'll leave mine @ home that day

Spyder Garage

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luckily mine likes my bike but everything else is a challenge

Spyder Garage

My 21yr. old daughter started riding with me in my sidecar when she was 12. I earned my "coolest dad in the neighborhood" merit badge back then! She continued to ride with me until she got her own bike last year. Now that I have the she still thinks I'm cool. But somehow I think it may be due to the fact that she rides it more often than I do!
    Skip H.
    '21 Can Am Spyder F3 S
    '97 Honda Goldwing w/Hannigan Astro 2+2 sidecar

[img]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It appears as if the only thing that most teenage girls enjoy; is their misery...