Spyder Garage

Default time for more brain picking

ok everyone i am sure you saw my post about being exhausted after riding my new 13 rt/s. now i have the baharon sway bar on the bike but i noticed the other day when i had to hit the brakes hard the bike did a nose dive. now for the money i spent this bike needs to be mine for a long time so i am building my knowledge base for any extra farkles i want to do. i ordered the hand brake and it just came so that is my next install as soon as i have time i have ankle problems and tend to lift my foot off the floor board to hit the brake and i really miss the hand brake. my other idea is to change the front shocks, i have read on here that the elka shocks are a great shock and pre loaded from the factory for the rt but do i need the re locator for the 2013 rt also because with the factory shocks they look very close to the frame for it. thanks for any answers you can give
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi John!
    You've got a 2013... I do think that "Trooper' worked up a shock for the new models. He'd probably be the best guy to talk to about them.
    You certainly don't need the shock relocator bracket; your bike already has them "stood up" in the latest and greatest placement. That bracket gives those of us on the older bikes a chance to upgrade to the new setup...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black