Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Smile 2012 RTS Upgrades

I bought a new RTS in september of 2012. After 8000miles I would like to make some upgrades for comfort. I am an amputee, and my wife has RA. I am considering Diamond R floorboards, and ultimate seat.

If anybody has any other suggestions I would like your input.

Thank you
    Skipnuss

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Skipnuss View Post
    I bought a new RTS in september of 2012. After 8000miles I would like to make some upgrades for comfort. I am an amputee, and my wife has RA. I am considering Diamond R floorboards, and ultimate seat.

If anybody has any other suggestions I would like your input.

Thank you
    Skipnuss
    I have seen these in person & like the looks of - http://www.sealfloorboards.com
    The diamond R look nice too. But If I do anything I would go with theses- http://www.web-boards.net overall given the area I live in. the winters are snowy and like the open look so its really a personal choice
    Last edited by happyspyder2039; 07-24-2013 at 09:15 PM.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

It would be great if you could actually sit on the different seats before shelling out the money! What is good for one rear end may not be good for yours! Good luck with your decisions.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I'd go with the Diamond R floorboards. I have them and they match so well they look like they came from BRP. And for the passenger, I have Diamond R Armrests. At Spyderfest and the Owners Event I saw these armrests on a lot of Spyders. They're floorboards are relative new but I'd bet by next Spyderfest they'll be on many Spyders...

Spyder Garage

I have the Diamond R boards and simply love them. A lot of room and very comfortable.
    2017 F3- Limited

F4 23" Windshield, Ultimate Backrest, Spyder Cuff, SpyderPops Bump Guard, Sena SMH10 Intercom, BajaRon Sway Bar, Baker Cup Holder, RT-622 trailer w/Spyder Pops Bump Guard

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

to the site. Seat, backrest, and floorboards, IMO, are the top three "comfort" options.

I have the Seal floorboards on both 's. One set of deluxe and one set of pups. I suffer from bad hips, and the boards allow me to move around for some extra comfort.

Seats and backrests are expensive propositions. If possible, try to test sit some seats, and if possible, test ride--since you don't know if its right for you until you have about 50 miles on a ride. I have a Corbin seat and backrest on one and the BRP Comfort seat on the other. Both are better than the OEM--IMO.

People either love or hate the Corbin. It is hard--but gives good support for long trips. I have not had any experience with other brands on 's. I was a fan of Mustang seats on two wheelers.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red