Spyder Garage

Default Semiauto RTL 2012

40 yrs backseat! Now Spyder front seat n loving it! Different dealers different information? I did read manual front -back. I printed out the info sheet on what gear - to RPMs I should be in! I know if I come to a light and I just step on brake, it will auto down shift into 1st! But I was told when I'm going up a hill I don't have to put it in 3rd or 2nd it will down shift it's self when it drops to a certain speed ???? I haven't seen that in the manual any where???? I down shift myself? What correct?

Spyder Garage

The will automatically downshift at 2500 rpms or so. That might be lugging it a bit if you need 2nd or 3rd gear on a hill. I usually manually shift down between 4000 and 3500 rpms to keep the in the powerband.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Whenever RPM drops to around 2500 the spyder SE5 automatically selects the next lower gear. Still, if you know you are going to need the lower gear, no reason not to downshift into it yourself.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Stharbor99 View Post
    40 yrs backseat! Now Spyder front seat n loving it! Different dealers different information? I did read manual front -back. I printed out the info sheet on what gear - to RPMs I should be in! I know if I come to a light and I just step on brake, it will auto down shift into 1st! But I was told when I'm going up a hill I don't have to put it in 3rd or 2nd it will down shift it's self when it drops to a certain speed ???? I haven't seen that in the manual any where???? I down shift myself? What correct?
    Thanks everyone! I would of lost money on this one!! Lol !

Spyder Garage

Default Remember..!!

your auto clutch is not fully engaged until you are over 3,000 rpm's. Under that will cause some slipping and premature clutch wear...do it yourself..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black