Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default What not to say to a cop

While cruising north on U.S. 1 on my Spyder early in the morning, I saw two local cops stopped in the center and right lane a head of me with there emergency lights off and talking with there windows down. With the left lane open I passed them at a safe rate of speed.
    As soon as I passed, they lit up the blue lights and siren and started my way at a high rate of speed. Well, I pulled my Spyder over on the shoulder and they zipped on pass me. I continued north another mile where I was going to have donuts and coffee and noticed both cops turning into the Dunken Donut shop where I was going. I thought the worst, mabe robbers at the Dunken. I parked my Spyder and walked into the shop and all was well.
    The two cops walked in behind me and I smiled and said "I have heard of a Big Mac Attack, but lights and siren for donuts and coffee!" The young cop got red in the face and told me to mind my own business as he was on official business.
    Mabe some people lose their sense of humor when they put the badge on. I never saw the official business.
    Last edited by Captain Fin; 07-07-2013 at 06:47 AM.
    Don't just dream the dream! Live the dream! Sent from my coconut using tap-a-nut. Spyderlovers Southern-Most Member.

Very Active Member Spyderjockey's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Fin View Post
    While cruising north on U.S. 1 on my Spyder early in the morning, I saw two local cops stopped in the center and right lane a head of me with there emergency lights off and talking with there windows down. With the left lane open I passed them at a safe rate of speed.
    As soon as I passed, they lit up the blue lights and siren and started my way at a high rate of speed. Well, I pulled my Spyder over on the shoulder and they zipped on pass me. I continued north another mile where I was going to have donuts and coffee and noticed both cops turning into the Dunken Donut shop where I was going. I thought the worst, mabe robbers at the Dunken. I parked my Spyder and walked into the shop and all was well.
    The two cops walked in behind me and I smiled and said "I have heard of a Big Mac Attack, but lights and siren for donuts and coffee!" The young cop got red in the face and told me to mind my own business as he was on official business.
    Mabe some people lose their sense of humor when they put the badge on. I never saw the official business.
    I knew, I mean I just knew they used those lights for that purpose. I guess though the "need for donuts" could be an emergency!!
    Corbin Bags and Corbin trailer hitch
    Shark 250 Watt Sound System with 2 speakers in front 1 in back
    Kurakyn Highway Foot Pegs
    Garmin nuvi 1450 LMT with Ram Mount
    F1 Queen Slider Windshield
    Power Outlet
    Shark communtication system
    SDC L.E.D. 6" Tail/Brake Light
    Gremlin Bell from Tail of the Dragon ride
    Cortech tank bag
    Kewlmetal adjustable handlebars
    Elkas Shocks all the way around
    Utopia Backrest

Love my Spyder!!!

Spyder Garage

Captain,

You mean you didn't ask for his badge number? Do you remember the little kid in the video (that was on here a few months back) that did that.

Spyder Garage

Default Push more buttons

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Captain,

You mean you didn't ask for his badge number? Do you remember the little kid in the video (that was on here a few months back) that did that.
    I did not think it in my best interest to push more buttons as the young cop was noticably angry at my response.
    Don't just dream the dream! Live the dream! Sent from my coconut using tap-a-nut. Spyderlovers Southern-Most Member.

Spyder Garage

Of course we'll all jump to the wrong conclusion. Like its not possible they were initially assigned an emergency call and then taken off of it a short time later because other units that were nearby freed up and took the call, or they were cancelled for some other reason. Unless of course they came screaming into the parking lot with lights and siren and jumped out with guns drawn. If that happened, or even if it didn't and I thought the worst like a robbery, I would not be walking into the business like business as usual. I would be turning around and finding another place.
    człowiek pająk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sometimes you just have to grab your tongue with both hands, and hang on for dear life!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Fin View Post
    My back ground is criminal justice/law enforcement/security. While most police conduct themselves professionally, however it's well documented that some take advantage of their positions to engage in behavior that would be a ticketable offence, if not illegal, for most of us. Don't know as I'd be carding them on it in public though. If these two are engaging in behavior like you describe; they might not be above a little petty revenge, or simply not cutting you some slack if they ever catch you out on something. Just sayin'..........................

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's best to handle something like this in a discreet manner; note the Patrol Car number, and call it in with an anonymous complaint about the two morons using emergency lighting to get to their fried Donut and Brown Ambition fixes quicker...

Spyder Garage

Default What not to say to a cop

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Sometimes you just have to grab your tongue with both hands, and hang on for dear life!

In my case I suffer from hoof and mouth disease.

My foot is always in my mouth, nice way of making friends, LOL.

Dom

Spyder Garage

This thread actually proves, that when my kids are in the car with me and we see a cop car fly by with sirens on and the kids say "Dunkin Donuts must be having a sale", they must be right.

2012 RS SE - White. Sport rack with Backrest, ISCI Armrests, Two Brothers Exhaust

Spyder Garage

Default what not to say

heres a few...

Your a public servant ...get me a drink of water

yeah you pulled me over because you cant catch the a-hole who passed me

If i knew i was gonna be this thirsty i would have drank more last nite

Two cops walk into a donut shop , wait thats not a joke but a true story

You must be a co ower of this joint you are in here so much

and finally I didnt pull over because my wife ran off with a cop and i thought you were him trying to give her back....
    Last edited by chipshotin; 07-07-2013 at 08:29 AM. Reason: bad word

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flanker View Post
    My back ground is criminal justice/law enforcement/security. While most police conduct themselves professionally, however it's well documented that some take advantage of their positions to engage in behavior that would be a ticketable offence, if not illegal, for most of us. Don't know as I'd be carding them on it in public though. If these two are engaging in behavior like you describe; they might not be above a little petty revenge, or simply not cutting you some slack if they ever catch you out on something. Just sayin'..........................
    There's nothing worse than a petty person with a badge and gun.

A few years ago Krispy Kreme had a grand opening of new stores in Wichita. A friend and I went there and they had uniformed off-duty cops directing parking lot traffic. After we parked and walked by one of the cops, I said asked one of them if they were being paid in donuts. All I got was a stern look and "move along."
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

If this happens, get the facts, unit number, badge number, most are plainly visable, without being obivious. Report to head office and get a answer.
    Then make your decision.
    Are their bad examples, yes, but there are a lot more excellent examples.
    Ride in that unit that gave you a ticket for running a stop sign, then ride in that unit as the officer informs a person that, their spouse is dead, along with their 3 year old child. Person running a stop light. If your community has a ride along program, use it.
    End of soap box on this subject
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default CONSIDER THIS

Two thoughts : #1. there is a saying " Don't comment on how the boat is being operated ....unless you have an OAR in your hands.......and #2. Remember during " 911 " who was running IN and who was running OUT.........and YES I was an LEO so I am biased.....Mike ...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chipshotin View Post
    heres a few...

Your a public servant ...get me a drink of water

yeah you pulled me over because you cant catch the a-hole who passed me

If i knew i was gonna be this thirsty i would have drank more last nite

Two cops walk into a donut shop , wait thats not a joke but a true story

You must be a co ower of this joint you are in here so much

and finally I didnt pull over because my wife ran off with a cop and i thought you were him trying to give her back....
    You forgot a true crowd favorite:
    "What the is YOUR problem??"

Guaranteed to help you make some new friends...

Spyder Garage

Had an incident around here a few years back when a LEO walked in to a convenience store, got a cold drink and told the clerk to put it on the tab. The clerk called the corporate office and asked about the tab since this was a chain store. The end result, that particular officer was "retired" rather quickly.

The thing that bugs me is seeing a cop car from another jurisdiction speeding. I see this frequently on a certain interstate in my area. There is a "cop college" in a town north of us and a lot of these speeders end up there. Then there are the ones who tailgate you until you move over and they're not on a call. My neighbor is a retired LEO. I asked him one time about what I just mentioned. His response was "because we can".

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

I'd just say thank you, push up my glasses with my middle finger, and then find myself face down on the donut counter..... lol
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Young cops have no sense of humor, They have to be ''On the Job'' for a few years before they get one....

Spyder Garage

My brother is a 20 yr officer with a large police dept. Growing up, he was the class clown and has a rather well developed sense of humor. But I gotta tell ya, folks, there aren't too many cop/donut quips he hasn't heard. After 20 yrs, they just aren't that funny anymore, especially if it's the end of a long shift or he had to deal with some serious situations. And, yes, they can hit lights/siren and a block later be told to back down. Things change just that fast in their world while you are thinking of your next "cop joke"!

Loren
    retired/ police auxiliary volunteer 7 yrs

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Oh... We THINK of them all the time; we just know when to keep them in our pockets!
    I'm a big fan of Law Enforcement Agencies! Without them; the inner city would be in your backyard before you could get the gas grille inside!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Did you ever stop to think why it is that cops eat donuts, cheap hamburgers and other junk food? For starters no real lunch break where you get to go out to a nice resturant. If you are in uniform it's like you are made of honey and all of the wanna be nuts in the world come up to you and ask silly technical questions about law enforcement. Also your paycheck is somewhat stressed and is not conducive to "healthy food" but is right in line with the 99cent special at the house of hamburger helper. There are also many times when you do sit down to a decent meal you get a call to respond and you are the only unit within miles. So you leave your paid for lunch and off you go to have the dispatcher call you off three mile from you lunch. So most LEO's like portable unhealthy foods like donuts, candy bars etc. Now after forty two years as a cop, I have type two diabetes, missing a kidney, high blood pressure and bad arthritis in my hands and feet. Not complaining mind you just trying to provide some insight to your humor.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No doubt; it's a job where you just know that you'll not be meeting people who are in good moods...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Blue Knight View Post
    Did you ever stop to think why it is that cops eat donuts, cheap hamburgers and other junk food? For starters no real lunch break where you get to go out to a nice resturant. If you are in uniform it's like you are made of honey and all of the wanna be nuts in the world come up to you and ask silly technical questions about law enforcement. Also your paycheck is somewhat stressed and is not conducive to "healthy food" but is right in line with the 99cent special at the house of hamburger helper. There are also many times when you do sit down to a decent meal you get a call to respond and you are the only unit within miles. So you leave your paid for lunch and off you go to have the dispatcher call you off three mile from you lunch. So most LEO's like portable unhealthy foods like donuts, candy bars etc. Now after forty two years as a cop, I have type two diabetes, missing a kidney, high blood pressure and bad arthritis in my hands and feet. Not complaining mind you just trying to provide some insight to your humor.
    I agree 100%. Been an LEO for 10 years now. I just love when people make comments like "he was speeding/tailgaiting etc, and he wasn't even on a call". How in the WORLD do you know that? If you're privy to that information, you must have a radio in your car. If so, get on the air and tell him to back off/slow down. If you don't have a radio, you MUST be a damned psychic. What some people don't realize, is there are a plethora of calls that are not practical to respond to with lights/sirens on. If your house was being burglarized, would you want the intruder to know, the cops were on the way? Lights and sirens broadcast that you're coming, which sometimes, isn't a good thing.

Spyder Garage

Good insight from Knight and Cuffs. I am not a cop and only "play" one when asked by the Auxiliary, but it doesn't take but a couple of ride-alongs to see just what the boys in blue face every day. For instance, I found I can eat a 6" sub in THREE BITES! That latte you ordered and paid for at the drive-up will PROBABLY be there when you get another break in the action, if they haven't had a shift change. You can count on dinner/lunch being at a different time every day and sometimes Dunkin Donuts is the only thing open on your shift. Well, maybe not. You might get to hit that truck stop where even the truckers won't stop!

Of course there are cops with limited sense of humor. There are also cops that could keep the Shriners in stitches, but you never hear about them. Anyhow, may your encounters be infrequent, brief and friendly! Be safe out there!

Spyder Garage

Give the guys in uniform a break. I'm not a police officer or do I ever want to be one. A bad guy would rather kill you than rob you these days. So life being a police officer is not all its cracked up to be. A very stressful job to say the least. For the most part, most police officers are very friendly, its just the few that think they are bad ass cops and go out everyday with that frame of mind. Just my 2 cents worth.