Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Greatest ad in a long time

Spyder Garage

Nice... noticed that the units wanted to run away from the hands!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

I want one of those!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We all might hate to admit this; but Honda pretty much does everything the right way...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

That's neat. Thanks for the post.

Spyder Garage

-Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    We all might hate to admit this; but Honda pretty much does everything the right way...
    Not everything...

http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/02/auto...tune/index.htm

Also... I remember the 3 wheeled off roader... the Accord (or Prelude I think) that could turn all 4 wheels...
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default AS A CAR/BIKE GUY

That is very cool hats off to Honda....

Spyder Garage

Quite the ad - thanks for posting.

Spyder Garage

They make some of the best small engines (lawn mowers, generators etc.) around. Now that they are in executive jets, they're giving the other companies a run for their money. Higher cruise speed, higher cruise altitude, shorter t/o and landing. Just to name a few.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    That's one of the things I worry about. If they decide to market a Honda Trike, either front or rear, with the warrantee intact it will impact Spyder sales. Right now if you want a new Goldwing Trike you have to buy the bike for $28,000 to $30,000 then buy a conversion for around $10,000 to $13,000 painted installed and ready to go. That's $38,000 to $43,000 for a Trike with no warrantee and two different manufactures. If Honda did the whole thing from the ground up it would most likely sell for $29,000 to $35,000. Thats just for subtracting out the cost of the rear drive and side bags. If you take out the labor to attach the trike conversion there would be greater savings and they could market it for even less. With the history of the Goldwing and the reputation of Honda it would be a hard choice for a newby to pick the Spyder.
    Last edited by Ga Blue Knight; 07-03-2013 at 02:53 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Blue Knight View Post
    That's one of the things I worry about. If they decide to market a Honda Trike, either front or rear, with the warrantee intact it will impact Spyder sales. Right now if you want a new Goldwing Trike you have to buy the bike for $28,000 to $30,000 then buy a conversion for around $10,000 to $13,000 painted installed and ready to go. That's $38,000 to $43,000 for a Trike with no warrantee and two different manufactures. If Honda did the whole thing from the ground up it would most likely sell for $29,000 to $35,000. Thats just for subtracting out the cost of the rear drive and side bags. If you take out the labor to attach the trike conversion there would be greater savings and they could market it for even less. With the history of the Goldwing and the reputation of Honda it would be a hard choice for a newby to pick the Spyder.
    A great ad for sure. Very well thought out, and fun to watch. I will probably watch that a couple times more.

RE: A Honda reverse trike. Everything said in the quote is right on. The fact that triking a OEM Honda messes up the warranty--was one reason I did not jump on purchasing one. Dealers will not even work on a triked GW here. I thought the same thing about the F6B--which already has a couple trike options. That will run about $30K with the trike kit. No warranty and no service though.

I have also implied over the last few years, that if Honda were to build a reverse trike, that there would probably be a lot of takers early on. If you have noticed recently, Honda is coming up with some innovative machines and has even brought back a new version of the CB 1100 and is planning on bringing back the CB 500.

BRP has had the full reverse trike market now since 2008. I am sure that the competition has been watching very carefully. Polaris (Victory) is working on one--but I do not like the side by side seating or the steering wheel portion as shown on their website. The other manufacturers have let BRP go through the growing pains, and are probably using the information to avoid problems if they enter the field.

It will be an interesting buyers market if some competition arrives in the reverse trike market.

Don't jump on me to hard or call me a traitor to the brand. I have paid my dues by owning four 's and a whole lot of accessories and servicing upkeep. I am guessing about $125,000 plus since 2008. I am not going to bail, but I like the possibility of other options to look at.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I agree with AK. I like my Spyders. But if Honda comes out with a true reverse trike...

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Default Awesome..!!

Love traveling through time, nicely done..!! thanks..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    I agree with AK. I like my Spyders. But if Honda comes out with a true reverse trike...
    ...It'll just force everybody to step up their game!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black