Spyder Garage

Default 2013 RS-RSS-ST-STS-ST Ltd Sway Bar In Production

Test Pilot reports have been very good on the Prototype 2013 sway bar so I have ordered production to begin. I hope to be shipping them by the end of next week if all goes well.

This bar is specifically designed for all the 2013, RS, RSS, ST, STS and ST Ltd. Spyders. Price will be $215.00 delivered. If you would like more information or would like to order this sway bar kit (or anything else I carry), just email me at fyredad@hotmail.com.

Thanks again to my volunteer Test Pilots. They are the greatest!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Test Pilot reports have been very good on the Prototype 2013 sway bar so I have ordered production to begin. I hope to be shipping them by the end of next week if all goes well.

This bar is specifically designed for all the 2013, RS, RSS, ST, STS and ST Ltd. Spyders. Price will be $215.00 delivered. If you would like more information or would like to order this sway bar kit (or anything else I carry), just email me at fyredad@hotmail.com.

Nice....

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

I'm sure that anyone who orders one will be glad that they did. They really improve the handling.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

What is different between the '12s and '13s just curious.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    What is different between the '12s and '13s just curious.
    Quite a bit. Bar length, bends, mounting location and method. About the only thing the same is bar diameter and Heim joints.

Spyder Garage

How does the thicker swaybar that comes stock on the 2013 RS-S compare to this one? I am referring to thickness/stiffness.

2013 RS-S SM5 [His] • 2021 RT Base [Hers] • 1977 Bultaco custom roadster • 1974 Harley-Davidson/Aermacchi 350 SS

Spyder Garage

Default Way to go Ron..!!

great job keeping up with the changes.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tanshanomi View Post
    How does the thicker swaybar that comes stock on the 2013 RS-S compare to this one? I am referring to thickness/stiffness.
    My sway bar for the RS, ST line of 2013 Spyders is quite a bit stiffer than the RSS bar. Originally I was not going to make a sway bar for this model series because of the RSS bar being offered by BRP. But several customers purchased that bar and were not satisfied with it and asked if I'd at least look into making a heavier bar.

After doing testing it was clear that a stiffer bar gave a much improved ride so I now have a Custom Performance sway bar for the 2013 RS, RSS, and all models of the ST. They have been a big hit.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I'm sure that anyone who orders one will be glad that they did. They really improve the handling.
    2013 RT-S se5, C/D HMT third tail light( r/b/t), Ram Cup holder, TRICLED front fender LED's (r/t), C/D Bright sides (r/t), Bajaron sway bar and metal heim links, TRICLED mirror turn signal LED's, ISCI tall dual flag holder, BackOff LED license plate frame, "Rufus" (stuffed 20" Bulldog) real one wants nothing to do with bike. Honel tri bag for dash, recordingguy25's (SL handle) custom mud flap ( didn't want plain old square cut mud flap. Spyderpops critter gitter. Gremlin Bell

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gottago View Post
    Do you make it for the RT ? 2013

Spyder Garage

Default Update on centering device for 2013 bar?

Any development on collars or other device to keep the 2013 bar centered properly? My dealer remarked about it at my 600 mile service yesterday. The end links are in a bit of a bind as the bar shifts to the left. So far, no signs of problems but its not right. Seems collars like you supply on the older year bars would do the trick if machined the correct size for this installation.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default yeah

Cool... I need to wait till they fix the few little issues with my ST-S like the Gas smell...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Baseball79ST2013 View Post
    Cool... I need to wait till they fix the few little issues with my ST-S like the Gas smell...
    Good luck with that. The gas fumes are normal operation according to BRP. Until the EPA gets involved this one is not likely going to get fixed.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Is crazy

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Good luck with that. The gas fumes are normal operation according to BRP. Until the EPA gets involved this one is not likely going to get fixed.
    Is crazy but BRP is saying the reason this is happening is because we are riding under 5rpm at all times, is not the machine is us that we don't now when to change gears or ride the motorcycles at the correct RPM's.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Any development on collars or other device to keep the 2013 bar centered properly? My dealer remarked about it at my 600 mile service yesterday. The end links are in a bit of a bind as the bar shifts to the left. So far, no signs of problems but its not right. Seems collars like you supply on the older year bars would do the trick if machined the correct size for this installation.
    I am looking into this and will have a retrofit for affected Spyders soon. The problem only exists on some 2013's and was not observed on any of the prototype test Spyders. Nor has it been an issue on any Spyder until recently.

The Sway bar on the 2013's should not need a limiting device because there is plenty of room for movement and sway bars are naturally self centering. There must be some variance between Spyders causing some to run the sway bar to one side.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Baseball79ST2013 View Post
    Is crazy but BRP is saying the reason this is happening is because we are riding under 5rpm at all times, is not the machine is us that we don't now when to change gears or ride the motorcycles at the correct RPM's.
    The bike cannot be above 5000 rpm while sitting in traffic. It is BRP that does not know how to fix the problem, or more likely even have a way to experience and verify the problem. I invite them to Houston to find out.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

There must be some variance between Spyders .
    For understatement of the year on the 2013's
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    For understatement of the year on the 2013's
    Unfortunately, you make a VERY GOOD POINT!