Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WackyDan View Post
    Not to mention that the 2013's have a different frame so the location of the master cylinder may not be exactly the same on the 2013's as in prior models.
    ... add a different brake system (Brembro) to that!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

RT-S PE#0180
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Thanks for your detailed post. I will inspect my master cylinder in the next couple days just to be safe. I looked up the parts fiche to see the assembly and found that the left side does not take a spring, but the right side does. So it looks like it is not missing. Still seems odd to me.

Thats true. The left side has no spring even though there is a place for one there. On my 2010, 2 years ago when I removed the headers to have them ceramic coated, I purchased another spring and during installation, put one on the left side. Tech. at the dealership said I shouldn't have one on the left side because the design might be such that it allows for only one spring on the right side. Look at the parts fish and you'll see. Anyway, I don't have one on the left side and haven't for 2 years at least. No problems. I think the spring being only on the right side might have something to do with the extra weight of the muffler on the right side.
    Last edited by frank3; 07-02-2013 at 07:22 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wouldn't you actually like to hear whatever reason they have , for NOT having a left-side spring?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Parts fish. Heheheheheh

My 2008 GS had springs on both sides. Certainly wouldn't hurt anything to install a spring on the left side.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Default ST Issues

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    I just filed a complaint with NHTSA. If anyone else has this problem please do the same. This may get BRP to act quickly to resolve the problem.
    i am going to report this to the NHTSA and I hope everyone else will too. I can't believe that all the STs have not been recalled!!! Too many things wrong to even take such chances!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default melted plastic / panels removed

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    Mark took the panels off the ST and wrapped the left exhaust pipe...found no spring attached to exhaust to hold it together then when we took panels off right side we found a melted brake cylinder what to do...sent a file of pics and explanations to BRP and my dealer
    Can you please tell me exactly which panels did you have to remove to see the brake cylinder? We tried, but could not find it. Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default PANELS

​The MC on the ST is located just behind the brake pedal on the right side. You have to remove all 4 panels on the right side to see it.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default panels

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    ​The MC on the ST is located just behind the brake pedal on the right side. You have to remove all 4 panels on the right side to see it.
    Geez..Thanks for the info. That was the only panel we didn't remove. : )