View Poll Results: Do you ride on less than 3 sometimes?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • I only own/ride the Spyder.

44 41.51%
  • I only own the Spyder, but miss/want 2 wheels.

11 10.38%
  • I own both a Spyder and Bike, and ride both.

37 34.91%
  • I own both a Spyder and Bike, but only ride the Spyder.

12 11.32%
  • I own both a Spyder and Bike, but only ride my bike.

2 1.89%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Question who still owns/rides a bike?

Just wondering who owns both a Spyder and a Bike. You can vote then post your information at the bottom (make/model and opinions). You can also comment on which you ride more, or which conditions you ride one over the other. You can also denote other trikes.
    Last edited by serf; 06-27-2013 at 07:13 AM.
    "can you hear me now?"

Spyder Garage

Still ride my Hayabusa, almost every day. It is hard not to love the acceleration that it has. So far, 600 mile day's on the spyder, 2 up. 1250 mile day on the busa by myself. Don't think I will ever go that far 2 up on the spyder.

2014 RT Limited Cognac ----- Wraps, skid plate, lights, Elkas
    2002 harley ultra classic
    2008 hayabusa

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Deterioration over time has put me on this Tripod...
    I miss riding two-wheels; but i wouldn't go back, even if I could!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I do still ride my 2012 HD Street Glide but it is happening less and less. In fact, I will most likely be getting rid of it in July and getting a new ST-S to go with our RT-L

Carl
    2012 White RT Limited and 2013 Yellow ST-S Think 3 .i.

Spyder Garage

Default I won't own a spyder without also owning a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by serf View Post
    Just wondering who owns both a Spyder and a Bike. You can vote then post your information at the bottom (make/model and opinions). You can also comment on which you ride more, or which conditions you ride one over the other. You can also denote other trikes.
    I won't own a spyder without also owning a bike. From my last experience, sat at home too long without a ride while the spyder was in the shop. Too many good days gone by with me sitting on the couch.

Previous owner of a 2008 Spyder SM5.
    Current owner of a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by COOLMACHINE View Post
    I won't own a spyder without also owning a bike. From my last experience, sat at home too long without a ride while the spyder was in the shop. Too many good days gone by with me sitting on the couch
    Traded in my VTX 1800 for a Spyder [08] Had I get another bike so I could ride while the Spyder was in the shop....

Spyder Garage

I sold my Schwinn Cruiser so I only ryde my Spyder WebRyder now.
    2013 Pure Magnesium Spyder RS-SM5 Cal Sci medium clear windshield, R-35 hard sided saddlebags and fitments rack, 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST Limited Embroidered Stock Seat, Trunk opening spring, fire extinguisher, Passenger backrest and rack, Added side mirrors, Handlebar bag.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just added an 09 Street Triple to the stable. It's normally 2 wheels for me unless I have to carry luggage, or two-up. Other than the VFR the Spyder is our touring machine.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Two Spyders, 23 2-wheelers, and a trike...any questions? I do tend to ride the Spyder the most, but that is somewhat a matter of convenience, comfort, and cargo capacity. I try to ride them all periodically.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Still have 18 bikes and a Ural sidecar to keep company to the RT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    23 2-wheelers, and a trike..
    Quote Originally Posted by prmurat View Post
    Still have 18 bikes and a Ural sidecar ..

How do you find time to ride them all? I ought to buy stock in Battery Tender.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Two Spyders, 23 2-wheelers, and a trike...any questions? I do tend to ride the Spyder the most, but that is somewhat a matter of convenience, comfort, and cargo capacity. I try to ride them all periodically.
    I'm imagining something akin to an airplane hanger in your backyard. I think you just made a lot of people very jealous. Perhaps one day. We are talking about adding 2x 2 wheelers to our Spyder. Hopefully a Honda ST to start and then a F6B wing as soon as they come out with cruise stock.
    "can you hear me now?"

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up I ride both

I still like the lean of two wheels but I also like the the thrill of the Spyder. I have a 2000 Gold Wing with 100,000 miles and just purchased a Spyder RT Limited. I love the techno of the Spyder and the uniqueness of this machine. However, I still take my Wing out for the thrill of the twisties in the Santa Monica Mountains. They are two different rides and I like both of them.

Spyder Garage

Spyders = 2010 RT LE & 2010 RS

2 wheels = HD Sportster 883L

Youngest son rides the RS most of the time
    Middle son rides the HD most of the time
    I do most of my riding now on the RT but still keep my time on the others.
    Just sold two Ninjas after my middle son and grandson wrecked them on the Interstate

Glo Ryders {4 sets (Blue, Red, Orange, Pink) I swap out}
    Rear Trunk Liner ......... Seal Floorboards
    Rear Trunk Shelf
    Corbin Heated Seat
    extra 12V plug
    Elka shocks
    White/Red fender lights
    Bump/skid
    Baker Wind Wings
    Honey Burl Dash Kit

Spyder Garage

I am also 100% now that health will not allow me to heft two wheels any more.

Like others, I always had a two wheeler in my stable. Never had the opportunity to have numbers of collector bikes, but over the years, have enjoyed some 40 plus makes and models. They ranged in size from 80cc to 2000 cc. I sadly parted with my final two-wheeler last summer when I traded for a new for akspyderlady. Were it not for my health, I would still be riding two wheels some of the time.

I miss the exhileration that comes with two wheeled riding--but I also like what happens when riding the . I am not complaining, just reminiscing.

I do prefer the Y factor--so a regular trike is out of the picture for me. Sorry GW and TG. If a new Y factor trike were to come out--who knows?--it would depend on who is building it, what it costs, etc.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 06-27-2013 at 02:49 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I ride a 2013 RT Limited and a Yamaha Super Tenere for touring and dual sport ride when the wive does not go

Spyder Garage

I do enjoy the comfort of the RT-S Spyder but do miss the get up and go of the Triumph Rocket. But knee problems caused me to look at my options when I traded the Rocket for the Spyder.

Spyder Garage

I still ride my 1985 Yamaha Maxim sportbike but the Spyder is what I take for long rides.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Name: Eric Heims
    Red 2016 RTS, Diamond R Armrests, Ram X Mount, Doc Humphreys Dampener, BajaRon Swaybar, Spyderpops "Critter Splitter"

"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." John Philpot Curran 1790

Between Fort Worth and Wichita Falls Texas
    Spyder Garage

I got a Spyder for those times I didn't feel like holding my hog up. But the wife stole it. Does that still count as having both?
    Do things like your life depends on it. It COULD!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Bike/ Spyder

I own both my ST Limited and a 2003 Harley Davidson FLHTI Electraglide. Always loved my HD, but have not been on it since I bought my Spyder. My husband has HD Road King. He has been riding both his Road King and my Electraglide.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool I like both very much but for differing reasons....

When my ol' back says I can I still love to take out my 2002 BMW R1150R. Of late I've been engaged on a Spyder acclimatization course so that I ride the Spyder instinctively. The Beemer fulfils 'the need for speed'!

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default Test rode one.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmbanker View Post
    I still ride my 1985 Yamaha Maxim sportbike but the Spyder is what I take for long rides.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I remember test riding an 86' 700 maxim. Man, that was a quick bike. Quite a step up from an 81' suzuki 400 1 cylinder i started out with. Almost took the handlebars right out of my hands upon acceleration. Taught me to respect motorcycles.

Previous owner of a 2008 Spyder SM5.
    Current owner of a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default who still owns/rides a bike?

I guess that I still have too much of the 2 wheel junkie in me. Bought the RT-S to replace my HD that a van totaled for me (luckly I had all the gear on so i just lost the bike) Still looking for a new HD, but I also own a 2009 Aprilia RSV and a 2005 Suzuki Bandit 1200s. Ride what makes you happy, not what someone tells you to.

Spyder Garage

I have finally ridden a Spyder and confirmed my worst fears it leaves me exhausted with my conditions. Building the leaning trike/quad is an attempt at my saving grace even if I build it and it makes me tired I'll be able to sell it and the Technology will be mine. Thats the upside.