RT-S PE#0180
    Spyder Garage

Default Head light, Fog light possible problem

Has anyone else encountered a problem with the "CAP" or cover on the back side of either the head light or fog light on their 2010 RT? Had the front compartment off this last week and noticed the "CAP" on the left fog light loose and the one on the right side broken and of course also loose. Pulled the head light units and found a like problem. Because I was the one who took it apart, I didn't turn it in under my extended warranty and instead purchased the 4 caps (same part number for left/right and fog and head light units, about $11.00 ea.). Noticed in parts fish that there is a new part number REPLACING an old part number. Makes me believe the was some sort of problem in the past with the orginal caps. These caps protect the back side of the light unit and prevent moiture in lights. Seems I've always had a moisture problem with mine and had never complained to dealer. This was probably my problem all along.

Spyder Garage

Default Don't know..!!

haven't heard any mention during my time here (relatively short) but then maybe not many have checked..now many have replaced bulbs etc and not mentioned it...maybe some long time members will fill in the blanks..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So the fact that you found this issue might be a good thing?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

RT-S PE#0180
    Spyder Garage

I hope so. It's been a nagging problem since I purchased it in 2010. Lens fogging occures when washing it but usually clears up the same day. The cap has an "O" ring gasket to seal the back of the unit and should prevent the fogging. Shame on me for not complaining to the dealer early on about the problem. The dealer is great (Advantage Powersports in KC, MO) and I'm sure he would of fixed it then.