Hybrid View

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Need help adjusting parking brake on 2012 RSS

I have searched the threads and viewed several videos on parking brake adjustment for spyders. However, the ones that were for RS's seem to be for model years prior to 2012. My parking brake assembly on the rear tire looks completely different than what is being shown on the videos and being discussed in the forums. Several questions: (1) Is it still possible to adjust the parking brake on the 2012 or must the dealer do the adjusting? (2) Could someone explain how to adjust the parking brake on the 2012 RSS?

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default Depends..!

If you need a small adjustment you can back off the 12mm nut on the cable adjuster.(closest to the disc) tighten the opposite 12mm nut. Make sure you have slack in the cable when released. If you have the wheel off the ground make sure there is no drag. You don't want it to tight or you will burn the disk and pads. This is on the sm5 models...if not your thing dealer should do it. Call ahead and they should be able to do it while you wait...good luck..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool My 2012 RSS E brake adjustment made easy.

Chupaca that is accurate also the e brake should lock the rear wheel depressing the pedal three clicks four at most.
    Mike

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info guys. My brake pedal goes all the way down and does not lock the tire. Almost rolled away from me yesterday! I will be taking it to the dealer tomorrow.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Took my RSS to the dealer this morning (MidSouth Motoplex). They took it into the shop and while I waited made the necessary adjustment. Puff is purring along now. Parking brake issue resolved.