Spyder Garage

Default 1375 miles in 19 hours on a RT.

I haven't been on the forums in about a year very much because work has kept me from the fun sport that we all enjoy. Well this weekend I had an opportunity too quickly fly down to venice florida and pick up my spyder and ride it back upstate New York. The problem is I only had 24 hours to do it. It had been sitting in my garage in Florida since October, and I had no idea if it would start. The taxi driver dropped me off at my house after I flew down on Southwest. So far, I had used up 4 of my 24 hours. I grabbed my helmet, my gloves and 1 pair of jeans and two shirts, went out in the garage, put air in all three tires which were down to nine pounds each and hit the starter. Without hesitation it fired right up and I was on the road, having now used 5 of my 24 hours. The next 19 hours were a blur of sweet bliss, wind in your face, and freedom. I arrived in upstate New York exactly 19 hours later and the RT performed unbelievably. I averaged 37 miles per gallon, and the GPS says my average moving speed was 74.2 miles per hour with the peak speed of 107 miles per hour, I remember that portion and that was absolutely all she had, there was no more. Aside from a 20 minute horrible rain storm in Georgia, I had nothing but blue sky the whole way. Now that I am home I hope to be able to use the Spyder at a more leisurely pace. My only complaint is that I absolutely need to get a seat that sets me back a couple more inches. Other than that I came away with no aches and pains. Oh and I also came away with no tickets, even better.
    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Back amongst the living May 2021
    2022 RT Limited Hyper Silver

Out to Pasture:
    2013 ST Limited , Black Currant
    2022 F3L , Dark Edition
    2021 RTL , Chalk Chrome
    2013 RT Limited , Circuit Yellow Metallic
    2008 GS SM5 , Millenium Yellow
    2020 RT Limited Petrol Dark
    2014 RT Limited Champagne Black
    2012 RT Limited White
    2010 Timeless Black RTS SM5
    2010 Orbital Blue RTS SM5
    2008 GS SM5 PE 1941
    2008 GS SM5 PE2011

Spyder Garage

Quite the ride! Glad everything went well.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default wow

wow what a ride do you have a steel butt great job I road from MV maybe 200 miles home and could not sit still after a 100 miles and Iam use to driving and sitting I,am a trucker but the seat had felt hard to me after a while Oh well will need to live with it but great iron butt run

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

did you document per the Iron Butt rules so you can get your saddle sore patch?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker2011 View Post
    I averaged 37 miles per gallon,
    I can't squeeze 26 MPG out of my RT, I don't know how some of you do it, but more power to ya.

Kraig
    2012 RT SE5
    2010 RT-622 trailer
    2013 Triump Bonneville T100
    1971 Honda CT70
    1972 Honda CT70H

Spyder Garage

Default Hauling..!!

all the way. Quite a ryde hope you got a glimps of the countryside as you flew by..great to hear how well your roadster performed they are great machines...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Ouch! My butt hurts just thinking about it!

Spyder Garage

I am new to this forum. How do I start a new discussion? I have some questions and there is not a topic relevant to my subject. Thanks...
    I haven't been on the forums in about a year very much because work has kept me from the fun sport that we all enjoy. Well this weekend I had an opportunity too quickly fly down to venice florida and pick up my spyder and ride it back upstate New York. The problem is I only had 24 hours to do it. It had been sitting in my garage in Florida since October, and I had no idea if it would start. The taxi driver dropped me off at my house after I flew down on Southwest. So far, I had used up 4 of my 24 hours. I grabbed my helmet, my gloves and 1 pair of jeans and two shirts, went out in the garage, put air in all three tires which were down to nine pounds each and hit the starter. Without hesitation it fired right up and I was on the road, having now used 5 of my 24 hours. The next 19 hours were a blur of sweet bliss, wind in your face, and freedom. I arrived in upstate New York exactly 19 hours later and the RT performed unbelievably. I averaged 37 miles per gallon, and the GPS says my average moving speed was 74.2 miles per hour with the peak speed of 107 miles per hour, I remember that portion and that was absolutely all she had, there was no more. Aside from a 20 minute horrible rain storm in Georgia, I had nothing but blue sky the whole way. Now that I am home I hope to be able to use the Spyder at a more leisurely pace. My only complaint is that I absolutely need to get a seat that sets me back a couple more inches. Other than that I came away with no aches and pains. Oh and I also came away with no tickets, even better.

Spyder Garage

Wow great run I just did a ride from Reno Nevada last month 12.5 hours. Reno to Seattle I sure didnt get 37 mpg
    it was a great trip. You sure beat me well done.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by effgjamis View Post
    did you document per the Iron Butt rules so you can get your saddle sore patch?
    It would be a shame to let all that ryde be wasted.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    I am new to this forum. How do I start a new discussion? I have some questions and there is not a topic relevant to my subject. Thanks...
    I sent you a PM.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default Re: 1375 miles in 19 hours on a RT.

Yes I kept every receipt and had almost all of them witnessed, the best gas stop was in WV on route 19, midnite, at a Sheetz station, 4 pickup trucks were parked at the gas pumps having a big party complete with 12 packs, cooking hot dogs in the back of one truck, some pretty good country music, and some girls dancing in the parking lot. Don't get me wrong, I'm not making fun of them, there's a lot worse things that they could have been doing, they were as polite as could be and appear to be loving life. Those guys were a bunch of fun, I wish I could have hung around. Only in West Virginia

Out to Pasture:
    2022 F3L , Dark Edition
    2021 RTL , Chalk Chrome
    2012 RT Limited White
    2008 GS SM5 PE 1941
    2008 GS SM5 PE2011

Spyder Garage

Default Re: 1375 miles in 19 hours on a RT.

CORRECTION.... TYPO... 32 MPG NOT 37.... saw all the mpg posts and reread my initial post. Sorry I'm tired. :o

Out to Pasture:
    2022 F3L , Dark Edition
    2021 RTL , Chalk Chrome
    2012 RT Limited White
    2008 GS SM5 PE 1941
    2008 GS SM5 PE2011

Spyder Garage

You forgot to mention the 95 degree weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    At the beginning of each "subforum" you will see either "start a thread" or "post a thread". Click on that, put in a subject matter and then go to the body and just start typing.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You Sir; have one VERY tough and bulletproof Butt!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black