Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Radio Station settings

It tells in the book how to set these. What I CAN NOT find is how to change/erase one you set already. Anybody got this problem besides me. I had set about 3 preset channels now I want to reorder or change these. In the manual, just how to set them.
    Jim Lemkow
    2012 RT Limited Brown with Tan Corbin Lamonster style seat,
    two Boys slip on pipes, fender lights, cup holder, seal floor boards, Elka Shocks

2013 STS - Elka Shocks, Two Bothers Exhaust..lots of lights

Spyder Garage

Can't be done... you will have to fill up the presets and then start over. At least, that is what I know about it ...
    Bill
    Pride Runs Deep Semper Tacitus

An armed man is a Citizen; an unarmed man is a subject....

2017 F3 T SE6
    2015 Vulcan Vaquero ABS
    ALR Chapter 401 (Hilliard FL)
    GA & FL Patriot Guard

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Try this see if it helps. It is in the Do's and Do Not's thread...

Radio Pre-sets: (Provided by "Badazzspydee") Apparently some manuals have not provided complete instructions on setting presets for radio stations. Here are the instructions to do so.

• Press “Mode” button until the “Audio icon” appears.
    • Use the “right or left command buttons” to find the radio station you want.
    • A long press will do a seek to the next available station. Continue doing a seek until the station you want appears.
    • Here is the missing step. Press the “Set” button longer than one-second to enter the Tune or Setup screen. The word “Record” should appear under the numbers of the current radio station. The shop manual states that you can tune the station in increments of .2 by short pressing the left or right command buttons now.
    • Short press the “Up” button until the “Preset number” you want appears in the box to the left side of the screen. I noticed this step can be touchy when trying to get the number to stay in the box!
    • Immediately press and hold the “down button”.
    • Once the preset takes, the screen will exit the Tune or Setup screen and returns to the initial Audio screen.
    • Repeat steps 2 through 5 for the next preset. Note that doing a short press of the left or right command buttons will cycle through the already set presets. A long press will start the seek.

SL #7026
    VBA #652
    HOG #3935417
    2011 Viper-Red Spyder RT SE5 & Trailer
    2017 HD Ultra Limited
    Former Rides: 2014 HD Ultra Limited; '04 Kawa Nomad; '09 HD Ultra-Classic; and many Hondas through the years.
    Spyder Newbies Do's & Do Not's: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by captblack View Post
    Can't be done... you will have to fill up the presets and then start over. At least, that is what I know about it ...

It can be done. I have done it on mine a couple of times. Strangely, if you follow the manual very literally, you can overwrite the presets. I don't believe you can eliminate all selected information from any given preset, however.