Hybrid View

Big Rig Member
    Spyder Garage

Default What to do with left over Honda, Yamaha and Harley tee shirts...

I refuse to throw my old motorcycle brand tee shirts away, so I wear them regardless of the bike I am riding. Out riding my spyder the other day, while wearing an old Harley shirt. Anyway, a rider parks near me, riding his Harley. He said "You can't wear a Harley shirt while riding a Can-Am". I asked why not? The can-am Spyder is made by Harley-Davidson! He said that was not true. So I said "Damn, the salesman told me that the Can-Am was made by Harley. That is the reason I bought it". He shakes his head and walks away. Wish I had told him that BRP bought out Harley, so it looks like you are also riding a Can-Am product. Some of the other brands hate to see you enjoying your Can-Am and smiling. Keeping the smiles going as I have my spyder spinning her web at the dealership today, getting her 600 mile service completed.

Ken

Spyder Garage

Sometimes you just cannot avoid the "shirt police". The occifer must have been having a slow day.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My shirts... my business I would say!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just tell them that you took the shirt off of a dead body about a miles back...
    Yours got torn in the Prison escape!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

When I left the Harley world and moved to the BMW world (a few years before moving to the Spyder world in 2011) I gathered up all the Harley shirts and donated them to the Elks Club and they took them to the local vet domiciliary. They were very appreciative for the 60 tee shirts from all over the country.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default shirt

Met a rider that packed old tee shirt for his trip. Wore the shirt, then used it to clean the bike, then threw it away. Cut way down his luggage as the trip went on.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You can always use them to mop up oil in the garage. Or as waxing rags.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Big Rig Member
    Spyder Garage

BTW, I got my first Can-Am Spyder Tee shirt today...and 2 Can-Am spyder caps. Maybe I will be able to use some of the old brand shirts as cleaning rags... hope their logos do not rub off on the spyder and end up causing an infection.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Next time one of those Gold Wing riding ex Spyder owners comes on SpyderLovers bitchin & moanin about spyders, offer 'em a Honda shirt

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

My daughter uses old tee shirts to make blankets. She cuts the logos( say the whole back) off the shirt and then sews tehm together to make a blanket. She use to swim competetively(sp) and she must of had 75 or 100 tee shirts from competions and meets from everywhere and so thats what she did so she still has it as a memory kinda. She's krafty that way.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Just tell them that you took the shirt off of a dead body about a miles back...
    Yours got torn in the Prison escape!
    Sometimes when I'm in my AT&T uniform whilst conducting other business, someone will ask if I work for AT&T. The answers vary from "No, but there's a naked guy out back who does." Or, "No, I work for the telephone company."
    2011 RTS 2006 Yamaha Morphous
    2017 F150 2015 MINI Cooper S IBA 56167
    2011 RTS , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by diesel-dawg View Post
    I refuse to throw my old motorcycle brand tee shirts away, so I wear them regardless of the bike I am riding. Out riding my spyder the other day, while wearing an old Harley shirt. Anyway, a rider parks near me, riding his Harley. He said "You can't wear a Harley shirt while riding a Can-Am". I asked why not? The can-am Spyder is made by Harley-Davidson! He said that was not true. So I said "Damn, the salesman told me that the Can-Am was made by Harley. That is the reason I bought it". He shakes his head and walks away. Wish I had told him that BRP bought out Harley, so it looks like you are also riding a Can-Am product. Some of the other brands hate to see you enjoying your Can-Am and smiling. Keeping the smiles going as I have my spyder spinning her web at the dealership today, getting her 600 mile service completed.

Ken
    That was an awesome reply, I would like to have seen his face!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrocket View Post
    That was an awesome reply, I would like to have seen his face!
    x2

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I like all motorcycles and have owned just about one of every brand over the years (except Honda for some strange reason) so I have lots of different shirts. I wear them all who cares! It's a shirt with a motorcycle on it! Much better than some lame saying that no one understands who isn't a videio gamer or a Star Trek Geek.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Blue Knight View Post
    I Much better than some lame saying that no one understands who isn't a Star Trek Geek.
    Vulcan Neck Pinch.jpgVulcan01.jpgVulcan Mind Meld.jpg

Romulans...

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

My old racing partner collects early drag racing cars and memorabilia. He came over one day and found me using an old officials' uniform t-shirt from the US Nationals as a shop rag. He has yet to forgive me, even though I gave him an unsoiled shirt to calm his nerves. Guess I should be glad he doesn't carry a gun!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    If you suffer from Romulans take two Sudafed and call me in the morning.

Senior MOMENTS Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Left over T-shirts

I like all motorcycles and have owned just about one of every brand over the years (except Honda for some strange reason) so I have lots of different shirts. I wear them all who cares! It's a shirt with a motorcycle on it! Much better than some lame saying that no one understands who isn't a videio gamer or a Star Trek Geek.

in china so many chinese wear T-shirts with words and sayings that are horribly misspelled!!

Expats call it
    CHINGLISH

you would not believe the number of poorly spelled signs, menus, and posters that crop up all over that backward country.

Spyder Garage

Allright, don't mess with Star Trek.. that's unAmerican. I'm second from the right. 1-photo.jpg Star date 2013: We went where no man has gone before. Now we ride Spyders. We're not afraid of the unknown, we welcome the adventure.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I LIKE that!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default What to do with left over Honda, Yamaha and Harley tee shirts...

Well... I must be different: I think it is a major faux pas to wear the same brand you are riding... But I gave my 60 HD T Shirts to Goodwill...

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by diesel-dawg View Post

Ken

I have had like experience, however, I tell them the can am is a harley and the production mfg line goofed and put the training wheels on the front.